Asked to leave Kohl's for OC. - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Asked to leave Kohl's for OC.

1. Beau, S&WM&P40,

Although I agree with you, I think we should give Gordon a break. He thanked us for our opinion and consideration. He stated why he chooses not to open carry. In this post he didn't claim the we should not open carry. He is free to choose if/how he wants to carry for whatever reason he wants to. We've both presented our sides and reasons for choosing to carry the way we do.

In response to his last post, I think we just need to say thanks to Gordon for supporting us even though he chooses to carry a different way than we do.

Now, if he had said that I shouldn't open carry... then....

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Beau, S&WM&P40,

Although I agree with you, I think we should give Gordon a break. He thanked us for our opinion and consideration. He stated why he chooses not to open carry. In this post he didn't claim the we should not open carry. He is free to choose if/how he wants to carry for whatever reason he wants to. We've both presented our sides and reasons for choosing to carry the way we do.

In response to his last post, I think we just need to say thanks to Gordon for supporting us even though he chooses to carry a different way than we do.

Now, if he had said that I shouldn't open carry... then....

I'm in noway saying I do not respect his point of view, as I do. I was more or less pointing to something that is said over and over again. If you OC a firearm the Bad guy/guy's and or Girls(LOL, cant leave them out.) Will see it and jump you for it. Another "fact" that has been pulled out of thin air and made to be so. Not saying it does not happen because it may/does. But it does not happen as much as people like to claim.

While I myself do not choose to open carry a firearm all the time. I FULLY support the right of those who so choose to do so!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

You know it's just like asking Coke or Pepsi, Chevy or Ford, Harley or Honda. Opinions are like a**holes...everyone has one...and everyone else's stinks!!! Just kidding on that but it has been some interesting conversation for both sides and as a recent recipient of my CCW permit I like hearing why everyone carries the way they do. I look forward to OK becoming OC just like one poster said, so I can have the option and don't have to worry about printing or accidentally showing my concealed weapon. Have a great April Fools day!

Thank you gentlemen and ladies.

I will say again. I have been doing this 30+ years.
    IMO
    OK, if I am carrying concealed, and find that I am in a situation to open carry (if the law allows), what says that I cannot just pull up my shirt and hook it over the butt of my exposed weapon and walk on?

Walking into a home improvement store at 2pm in white mid-America, and walking down a chity street in Miami or Chitcago at 11 pm are certainly two different situations.

I have been in 3 situations, and I still feel that concealed is more appropriate for ME. NO details available.

The 4th= 1991 Luby's Cafeteria Massacre, Killeen, TX. I was there before the incident. Concealed. Good or bad timing?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    To all Who bit! Happy April Fools, You bought my story hook line and sinker, Gulliabilty. LMAO
    Someday it could be someone's reality.

This nation is facing an inevitable financial and social collapse.

It won't be long before we all might be facing situations that haven't even been shown in movies.

Carrington Event?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Thank you gentlemen and ladies.

The 4th= 1991 Luby's Cafeteria Massacre, Killeen, TX. I was there before the incident. Concealed. Good or bad timing?
    Depends on how you look at it. On one hand you avoided being part of that slaughter.

On the other maybe you would have been in a position to stop it before it even got started.

I don't care if you were carrying CC, OC or on a chain around you neck. At least someone may have been able to return fire.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    On one hand, Dr Suzanna Hupp became one of the greatest champions for CC.

On the other, I'm sure she would have rather had her parents.

That had to be a hard one for you though. I wouldn't lose a wink over killing a BG like that, but I would probably have had a few sleepless nights over thinking what I could have done if I had still been there.

Just how it is sometimes.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Right On Carry On

Quote Originally Posted by usmarine01 View Post
    Right On Carry On
    Carry on, you will always remember
    Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
    The center lights around your vanity
    But surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son
    There'll be peace when you are done
    Lay your weary head to rest
    Don't you cry (don't you cry no more)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    On one hand, Dr Suzanna Hupp became one of the greatest champions for CC.

On the other, I'm sure she would have rather had her parents.

That had to be a hard one for you though. I wouldn't lose a wink over killing a BG like that, but I would probably have had a few sleepless nights over thinking what I could have done if I had still been there.

Just how it is sometimes.
    1 more or 21 less........Just didn't have the opportunity.

A Combat Commander might have made a difference.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast