Open Carry Question In Texas

Thread: Open Carry Question In Texas

Open Carry Question In Texas

First I am sorry if this was posted or addressed previously, but for some reason I can't seem to get the search box to open.
    I was just wondering if anyone knew what the current situation regarding open carry in Texas is. I know a little while back it was introduced in the state senate but was quickly dropped. I just figured now that republicans have such a large majority in the state legislature that somebody would take advantage and bring it up again. Right now is the best time to get something like this through with as little resistance as possible.
    Any info would be appreciated.

3. There is no open carry that is sanctioned by the current Texas "government".

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Texas
    "When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence." ~ Gary Lloyd

4. No current legislation either. They're busy working on the right to keep a gun in your car while at work and getting right-to-carry on college campuses (which I think are bigger, more pressing needs)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    First I am sorry if this was posted or addressed previously, but for some reason I can't seem to get the search box to open.
    I was just wondering if anyone knew what the current situation regarding open carry in Texas is. I know a little while back it was introduced in the state senate but was quickly dropped. I just figured now that republicans have such a large majority in the state legislature that somebody would take advantage and bring it up again. Right now is the best time to get something like this through with as little resistance as possible.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    YES, HB2756 is in Committee
    http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Committ...&CmteCode=C420

Too much discussion to re-post from here:
    opencarry.org

6. Crazy. That's the first I've heard of it, and I've been looking.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Crazy. That's the first I've heard of it, and I've been looking.
    Shhhh. trying to keep it quiet before the antis figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by billv View Post
    Shhhh. trying to keep it quiet before the antis figure it out.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!