Oklahoma Rifle Association sells out open carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma Rifle Association sells out open carry

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Well, there is a difference. Military training reduces the trainee to infantile status, then rebuilds the trainee into a focused fighting machine. Along the way the trainee receives a good deal of instruction about how not to shot a fellow trainee.

If 18-year olds in civies went through the same training I'd agree they should have the same access to firearms.
    That's simply not true. I personally know a guy who is ex army and twice in the last six months, in my presence, I've seen him have negligent discharges. One was a flyer from a 9mm and the other time he almost shot himself in the foot with a .22 semi.

Mandated training means nothing. Training by personal choice means everything.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Ultimately, this isn't about lawful, legal adults having firearms. It isn't about idiots who wish to deprive legal adults of firearms.

This is about the corruption of the ruling faction in the Oklahoma legislature, and the corrupt, elitist friends of theirs in the ORA.

I always thought NY and Louisiana were the most corrupt states. Now I am having my doubts.

-Doc

-Doc
    Last edited by Bighouse Doc; 03-24-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Well, there is a difference. Military training reduces the trainee to infantile status, then rebuilds the trainee into a focused fighting machine. Along the way the trainee receives a good deal of instruction about how not to shot a fellow trainee.

If 18-year olds in civies went through the same training I'd agree they should have the same access to firearms.
    What army were you in?

That wasn't the US Army I was in!

-Doc

5. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    What army were you in?

That wasn't the US Army I was in!

-Doc
    Actually, that is exactly the US Army I was in in 1984.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauRyker View Post
    but I have to agree with the club. If you can't allow it on a person by person basis, and you can't, I just don't think a high percentage of 18 yr old kids running around today should have a gun in their hand....much less openly carrying. Yeah, I know there are some that should be allowed. But it'd be too big of a hassle to qualify each one.
    Just don't think it'd be a good idea right now.
    That's funny. Colorado has been a permitless OC state for since I don't know when. Seems to work just fine.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Cool

I would have told the old girl to pucker up!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Actually, that is exactly the US Army I was in in 1984.
    Then why aren't you called "ArmyLT"?

9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Then why aren't you called "ArmyLT"?
    I enlisted in the Navy in 1988, went to OCS and was commissioned in the Navy in 2001.

Also, being an O-3 in the Navy, makes me a Captain in the Army, but I can't say I am a Captain, being in the Navy, because then I would be claiming to be an O-6 in the Navy!

Now, since I've been selected to O-4, hopefully to get paid in July, I will be a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy, which eliminates some confusion because I would be a Major in the Army, but we don't have Majors in the Navy, except as the primary focus of our college degrees!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12