What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC?

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS GUY IS A FREAKIN MORON! I know that this is an old thread but I can't believe how many people here thought this guy was RIGHT. This is SO obviously a set up! Carry a recorder around ALL the time MY ARSE! This freakin ****** put his self in danger for no reason. When a cop tells you to do something it is not a time to negotiate. Especially if he KNOWS you have a weapon. He tells you to let him search your car w/out a warrant YOU DO IT! Worry about your "rights" later. The guy is a cop pointing a gun at you. Do what you are told and keep your freakin pie hole shut! If the cop would have shot him he would have been justified.
    Does it still sound like such good advice?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Does it still sound like such good advice?
    Treo I see your point. And no I WOULD NOT LET ANYONE SEARCH ANYTHING OF MINE WITHOUT A WARRANT. But this is different. Gun pointing at your chest. You don't know how trigger happy this Moron LEO is. If the cop would have shot him, all he would have had to say is "he went for his gun". Then they find the recording of how he did not comply with the officer and he has a "righteous kill". Personally I would let him play his little game then get a lawyer. This guy was obviously looking to stir some crap up and I think it brings a bad light on all legal gun carriers. I don't trust a cop I don't know and don't think for a sec that there are not some trigger happy bots in blue out there. Did the cop overreact? YES! but there is a right and wrong way to deal with it and Mr tape recorder did it the wrong way. Hes lucky he is alive.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    This guy was obviously looking to stir some crap up and I think it brings a bad light on all legal gun carriers. I don't trust a cop I don't know and don't think for a sec that there are not some trigger happy bots in blue out there. Did the cop overreact? YES! but there is a right and wrong way to deal with it and Mr tape recorder did it the wrong way. Hes lucky he is alive.
    Why is a person who engages in no illegal activity and only stands up for his Constitutionally protected rights looking to stir some crap up? I walk down the street everyday open carrying, am I looking to stir crap up by doing so? If I have a voice recorder in my possession am I looking to stir up crap? Police officers now have dash cams and audio recording, does that mean they are looking to stir up crap?

Why is it OK for officers to video and audio record interactions, yet as soon as a private citizen does it, we are bad guys?

Maybe the founding fathers dealt with the British the wrong way too? They stirred up a whole bunch of crap against the British government. So did Martin Luther King, MLK Jr., Rosa Parks and Susan B. Anthony....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Hey...I just noticed.

Congrats on the promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Maybe the founding fathers dealt with the British the wrong way too? They stirred up a whole bunch of crap against the British government. So did Martin Luther King, MLK Jr., Rosa Parks and Susan B. Anthony....
    Don't forget about the Pinkpistols.

I have enough to carry around without adding a tape recorder.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I have enough to carry around without adding a tape recorder.
    Do you carry an Iphone or Android phone? Then you also carry a recorder. The FIRST app I downloaded for my Android phone was Cop Recorder II.

I used to carry a Sansa C250 mp3 player... which was also an EXCELLENT audio recorder, even in the change pocket of my jeans.

• Police who commit crimes lie.
    • Police who commit crimes and lie about it are usually believed... unless there's a recording.

Today, carrying without a recorder is like carrying without ammunition.

9. I have had similar experiences with officers. Even as far as being told I could not open carry on my front porch without a permit and I live in Idaho which is the strongest open carry state. It has amazed me for years how many and how much LEO do not know about the law. As a former soldier sworn to uphold the constitution and protect it and the rights of the people from ALL threats foreign and DOMESTIC, I applaud this guy. And I agree that having a recorder on hand in today's world full of political AGENDA'S and self righteous LEO is a smart thing to do. Fortunately most LEO in Idaho appreciate anyone who carry's open or gets a concealed permit. My wife and I both have permits. Most of the time I carry concealed but in summer I often carry open. In doing so I understand the personal risk of that decision from the criminal perspective and the possible LEO harassment. But as an American it is my duty to stand up for my rights and in doing so I stand for everyone's rights. If I worried about how it will affect me personally whether killed by a stupid trigger happy LEO or just being detained while they get educated on the law they are supposed to be upholding, then all our rights would be taken without FEAR.

Just had the deputy that patrols our neighborhood stop by, I ask if he would like a water, had gun on hip as just back from range, he received his water and ask what my carry weapon was, nice conversation no issues, you can carry anyway you like on your own property here in Texas. Recorder on street is a good idea, I use one all the time in appraising anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    And all that having been said, none of it does a darned bit of good if the dumb ass gets shot by a cop because he has an exposed weapon and he refuses to follow the LEO's commands.

Nothing in my reply said The guy didn't have the RIGHT to open carry, I simply said the guy didn't have the SMARTS to open carry. Lancaster, Reading, Columbia, Harrisburg (maybe) open carry would be no problem in Penna. But Philadelphia and Pittsburgh you are asking for trouble.

Luckily for this guy, the initial response LEO called for back up and the back up LEO could diffuse the situation. Under the first contact situation, if the guy sneezed, literally sneezed, he could be dead right now. His right for open carry wouldn't do any good for him, would it?

Just because you CAN do a thing does not mean you MUST do a thing.

Common sense is not very common any more.
    Are Philadelphia and Pittsburgh not in Pennsylvania?? Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania. One would think that in the capital the cops would be more paranoid. What gives Pittsburgh and Philadelphia any right to treat their citizens, Law abiding citizens at that and differently than any other place in PA?? Pittsburgh and Philadelphia cops get the same yearly training as all other cops in the state of PA. Those cops were wrong and they knew it from the very start. I have open carried in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and have never been hassled. As for your last statement, "Just because you CAN do a thing does not mean you MUST do a thing", let me add that just because a cop can violate your constitutional rights does not mean he should.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast