What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    That right there, is a beautiful thing.
    Yea, but what does it mean???

A cop lied and got caught? Why didn't he say that????

I'm an engineer not a lawyer, talk slowly.

Shut your mouth and comply with the officer. It's the easiest safest way to deal with the situation.

I personally don't believe in OC. It causes too many problems with wigged out people, police and removes the element of surprise in the event of a confrontation. The key to survival in a violent confrontation is - SSS = Stealth, Surprise and Skill. Stealth being the key element. I'll take age and treachery over youth and braun anyday.

If approached by a pugalist would you tell him "In two seconds I'm going to hit you on the right cheek with my left fist, then fold your knee back? Of course not.

If you OC'd in the city nearest me, 12 fifteen-year-old inner city gangbangers would surprise wolf-pack you to the ground just to get the gun. Stomp you to pulp. You won't see it coming as they stealth-tag you from all sides at once. You might get lucky but usually stealth and surprise on their part will prevail. It happends every day in the hood. Read the book, "Brooklyn Bounce" by Joe Poss.

It's not safe to OC just anywhere.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

When Police break the law, there is no law. Only a fight for survival.-Billy Jack

5. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Shut your mouth and comply with the officer. It's the easiest safest way to deal with the situation.

I personally don't believe in OC. It causes too many problems with wigged out people, police and removes the element of surprise in the event of a confrontation. The key to survival in a violent confrontation is - SSS = Stealth, Surprise and Skill. Stealth being the key element. I'll take age and treachery over youth and braun anyday.

If approached by a pugalist would you tell him "In two seconds I'm going to hit you on the right cheek with my left fist, then fold your knee back? Of course not.

If you OC'd in the city nearest me, 12 fifteen-year-old inner city gangbangers would surprise wolf-pack you to the ground just to get the gun. Stomp you to pulp. You won't see it coming as they stealth-tag you from all sides at once. You might get lucky but usually stealth and surprise on their part will prevail. It happends every day in the hood. Read the book, "Brooklyn Bounce" by Joe Poss.

It's not safe to OC just anywhere.
    Yep. From New York.... I'm really glad most of America is different than New York.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Yep. From New York.... I'm really glad most of America is different than New York.
    Actually we have it better than most states. Most are worse than NY. The only problem here is you apply for a CCW and the backlog is long. Don't confuse NY with NYC. That's another country. Rumor and fasle info about NYS abound. We can carry unrestricted & concealed. No law barring us from bars, restaurants, churches, public transportation, town, city or county property. No laws barring from hospitals, banks, courthouses or police stations either. The only place you can't carry is fed property (post office) or a school. I've only seen one "no-gun" sign in my life... at HSBC bank. How many "gun-friendly" states can boast that.. As far as danger, I'm speaking of Newburgh, NY... Upstate. Statistically the most dangerous city in the state. One murder per month in a 2 X 2 mile city. You wouldn't dare OC there. The locals would see it as an opportunity, and a "dare." You might just get sniped dead from a vacant building so they can run up and get the gun from your hip. Not a very smart thing to do here.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

7. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Actually we have it better than most states. Most are worse than NY. The only problem here is you apply for a CCW and the backlog is long. Don't confuse NY with NYC. That's another country. Rumor and fasle info about NYS abound. We can carry unrestricted & concealed. No law barring us from bars, restaurants, churches, public transportation, town, city or county property. No laws barring from hospitals, banks, courthouses or police stations either. The only place you can't carry is fed property (post office) or a school. I've only seen one "no-gun" sign in my life... at HSBC bank. How many "gun-friendly" states can boast that.. As far as danger, I'm speaking of Newburgh, NY... Upstate. Statistically the most dangerous city in the state. One murder per month in a 2 X 2 mile city. You wouldn't dare OC there.
    I can open carry with no permit required and without fear of being shot or people or LEO "wigging out" <-- even in Seattle and SEATAC International Airport! My CPL did not have to go before a judge who would decide if I was worthy for a permit or not; $55.25 to the county sheriff with a set of fingerprints and an application that asks less questions than a form 4473 and he MUST issue a CPL to me within 30 days. I don't have to have a permit to merely possess a handgun or buy one from another resident of my state or FFL. If you come to visit my state with your handgun, you don't have to worry about it getting confiscated by the state police because you don't have a permit for possession.

I'll accept the fact that I can't carry in that portion of an establishment off-limits to <21 in trade for all the other freedoms and lack of government regulation, thank you.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I can open carry with no permit required and without fear of being shot or people or LEO "wigging out" <-- even in Seattle and SEATAC International Airport! My CPL did not have to go before a judge who would decide if I was worthy for a permit or not; $55.25 to the county sheriff with a set of fingerprints and an application that asks less questions than a form 4473 and he MUST issue a CPL to me within 30 days. I don't have to have a permit to merely possess a handgun or buy one from another resident of my state or FFL. If you come to visit my state with your handgun, you don't have to worry about it getting confiscated by the state police because you don't have a permit for possession.

I'll accept the fact that I can't carry in that portion of an establishment off-limits to <21 in trade for all the other freedoms and lack of government regulation, thank you.
    Yeah NY will definitely lock up anyone without a permit. But Navy, our denial rate is under 1%. As an instructor I've had only one denied applicant in 12 years of teaching. Upstate you need to see a judge but downstate many counties just have you meet with the sheriff to ensure all the paperwork is done before he sends you through to get the permit. There's no "third degree" or anything like that. In fact my wife spent her interview showing the deputy how to fix his web-page. She got an unrestricted permit out of the gate.

I often wonder what does one do if attacked by a group trying to get the gun? Is Seattle safe like that? How about in the ghettos? I'm curious, wouldn't you feel vulnerable?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

It is never smart to try intellectual arguments with armed ruffians who have the collective intelligence of a turnip...and no qualms against lying to boot!

This guy would have done better to comply, shut up, and collect big in court!

-Doc

10. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I often wonder what does one do if attacked by a group trying to get the gun? Is Seattle safe like that? How about in the ghettos? I'm curious, wouldn't you feel vulnerable?
    Super talk with Seatac officer..Recieved e-mail

Willow Lake Apts 2

E-mail I recieved from Seatac Police officer

Safeway manager asked my help

Jim Beal lives in one of the bad areas of Seattle. In his part of town, armed citizen presence seems to help keep the criminal element in check. Our first Willow Lakes meet was in 2009 and too far back to still be on the forum, but it was a huge success. As you can see from the police responses there, they appreciate open carriers' presence.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, this is the type of person that gets into trouble:
    Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Local & Regional

At least in Seattle, the responsible people carrying firearms aren't the targets. And then there is this, from Virginia:
    http://www.ammoland.com/2009/07/19/g...rket-shooting/

No, I don't feel vulnerable, btw...

i live near pittsburgh and have a ccw i was told by my county sheriff my permit isnt valid in philly, i actually have to apply for one for philly

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast