What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC? - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC?

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    ...The combination of the failure to obey orders and the recorder do hint that he might have been looking for that...
    I have trouble believing how often I see this particular bit of ignorance posted (and accepted) by people who are supposedly pro self-defense.

By the same supposed "logic", the carrying of a gun must mean that one is looking to shoot someone.

Sounds like the OCer should have been a little more cooperative with the LEO, no need to be a smart ass with LEOs they hold the power in many ways. However if OC isnt legal within the State of Philidalphia he should have concealed it. If the law doesnt say if it is or isnt legal, he should have called several departments and asked whether it is legal or not.
    I think the LEOs handled it a little rough, at no point in time is an LEO to break leather with a "suspect" who has a clearly visible Holstered weapon, that could be concidered Felonious Assault by the LEO. However the the OCer did not cooperate very well with the LEO. He should have gotten on the ground and handled things later with the Department.

Thats my opinion anyways.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

We should also remember that the officer can't possibly know every paragraph of every law. He doesn't know us and may be apprehensive himself. His main responsibility is to go home to his family safe and sound. I will always shut my mouth, fully comply and call an attorney later. If my actions were legal then I would think any charges will be dropped. I always give the benefit of the doubt to the police as they deal with all kinds of creeps and don't know who I am.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I don't know, if that had been me and I turned around to see a cop pointing his gun at me, I would have put my hands behind my head and waited for his next command. But that's just me I'd rather talk things out in a calm manner with a police officer than to be shot trying to prove a point. Also a cop is just a person some people are jerks that's is no reason for law abiding citizens (which we are supposed to be) to call them pigs. Just my $.02
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Sounds like the OCer should have been a little more cooperative with the LEO, no need to be a smart ass with LEOs they hold the power in many ways. However if OC isnt legal within the State of Philidalphia he should have concealed it. If the law doesnt say if it is or isnt legal, he should have called several departments and asked whether it is legal or not.
    I think the LEOs handled it a little rough, at no point in time is an LEO to break leather with a "suspect" who has a clearly visible Holstered weapon, that could be concidered Felonious Assault by the LEO. However the the OCer did not cooperate very well with the LEO. He should have gotten on the ground and handled things later with the Department.

Thats my opinion anyways.
    Open carry is legal in EVERY jurisdiction in PA. PA has state preemption of gun laws. NO entity below state level can make a gun law in PA. If a cop tells you otherwise or that he doesn't know that, he's either lying or incompetent. Their annual training covers these issues.

Open carry requires a PA LTCF in Philadelphia, which the victim had. That's STATE law.

Nobody cares whether the Philly PD likes the law. They just need to OBEY it. When they don't they need to be PUNISHED.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepWaters View Post
    I don't know, if that had been me and I turned around to see a cop pointing his gun at me, I would have put my hands behind my head and waited for his next command. But that's just me I'd rather talk things out in a calm manner with a police officer than to be shot trying to prove a point. Also a cop is just a person some people are jerks that's is no reason for law abiding citizens (which we are supposed to be) to call them pigs. Just my $.02
    When guns come out, and especially with a nitwit like the foulmouthed cop, there's NOTHING to "talk out".

"Officer I have nothing further to say without benefit of legal counsel." Then keep your mouth SHUT until your lawyer is present.

Then hammer the misbehaving cop in EVERY way the law permits, administratively, civilly and politically.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    We should also remember that the officer can't possibly know every paragraph of every law.
    That's funny, he expects YOU to.

Get caught carrying a firearm in a Class D liquor serving establishment in Ohio, and tell the cop that you "didn't know that was a crime". Your alleged knowledge or lack thereof won't mean a THING to him. You'll get arrested.

If he doesn't know the law, he has no business "enforcing" it, ESPECIALLY if it's not even a law in the first place.

It is simply despicable to hold an allegedly "trained" LEO to a LOWER standard of knowledge of the law than any random citizen.

I HAVE to know the law if I'm going to carry a firearm. If I don't, I can expect not one IOTA of mercy from the police. If they arrogantly violate my rights by either not knowing or not respecting the law, they can expect not one iota of mercy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    People who get upset about women breastfeeding in public usually also:

1. Complain about the "dirty" pictures in the National Geographic magazines in their doctor's office; and

2. Arrive early for their doctor's appointments so they can read the National Geographic magazines.
    That's an interesting way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Open carry is legal in EVERY jurisdiction in PA. PA has state preemption of gun laws. NO entity below state level can make a gun law in PA. If a cop tells you otherwise or that he doesn't know that, he's either lying or incompetent. Their annual training covers these issues.

Open carry requires a PA LTCF in Philadelphia, which the victim had. That's STATE law.

Nobody cares whether the Philly PD likes the law. They just need to OBEY it. When they don't they need to be PUNISHED.

I agree LEOs are to obey the law, but in some cases, you have to understand, you have a smart assed kid whos questioning the LEOs order. He has no idea who this kid is, has no idea if hes telling the truth or not about his CPL. I understand that OC may be legal in Philly, Im not to sure on my own, but you have to remember, the LEO probably got a call of MWAG walking down the road, and yes, the fact he had a tape recorder suggests he was looking for some sort of LEO interaction.
    I dont openly carry often for those reasons. If someone wants to be stupid and try and rob me, theyre in for a rude awakening, I dont want everyone to observe my pretty little fella on my hip. I do it enough at work.

I think the kid got exactly what he deserved for how he responded to the LEO hes frankly lucky he didnt get shot, always keep the hands visible and static. Obey the LEO, sort it all out later.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

11. Stopped for open carry

Mark knew what he was doing thats why he had the recorder. He told the cop it was off but it could have been sound activated, maybe. I think he pushed it and I don't know if I should thank him or what. The cop sure had Wyatt Earp syndrom. I understand the cop wants to go home to his family at night, but the mouth on him and the # of F bombs. I think thing would have gone alittle better with out them.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast