What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of how this guy handled being stoped for OC?

1. I want to know. What Bad Guy Slime ASS perp open carries?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I want to know. What Bad Guy Slime ASS perp open carries?
    It will be all of them as soon as the police no longer question people who oc.

4. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I want to know. What Bad Guy Slime ASS perp open carries?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I agree LEOs are to obey the law, but in some cases, you have to understand, you have a smart assed kid whos questioning the LEOs order. He has no idea who this kid is, has no idea if hes telling the truth or not about his CPL. I understand that OC may be legal in Philly, Im not to sure on my own, but you have to remember, the LEO probably got a call of MWAG walking down the road, and yes, the fact he had a tape recorder suggests he was looking for some sort of LEO interaction.
    I dont openly carry often for those reasons. If someone wants to be stupid and try and rob me, theyre in for a rude awakening, I dont want everyone to observe my pretty little fella on my hip. I do it enough at work.

I think the kid got exactly what he deserved for how he responded to the LEO hes frankly lucky he didnt get shot, always keep the hands visible and static. Obey the LEO, sort it all out later.
    If the "smart assed kid" knows and obeys the law and the LEO doesn't, it's the LEO who needs to be punished. I don't care what the LEO thinks about the law. I only care whether he obeys it. If he doesn't, there should be a harsh reckoning.

Mark knew what he was doing thats why he had the recorder. He told the cop it was off but it could have been sound activated, maybe. I think he pushed it and I don't know if I should thank him or what. The cop sure had Wyatt Earp syndrom. I understand the cop wants to go home to his family at night, but the mouth on him and the # of F bombs. I think thing would have gone alittle better with out them.
    That's what some cops substitute for a knowledge of and respect for the law. That and recurring problems with telling the truth are reason enough to carry a voice recorder.

as far as I can tell...........

The cop escalated this out of control. If he had any common sense and ability to think for himself,this whole deal should have been resolved in less than 30 seconds if happened at all.

The OCer should have complied with the jack booted thug as soon as he saw the guy was a Nazi storm trooper and gotten a lawyer after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    We should also remember that the officer can't possibly know every paragraph of every law. He doesn't know us and may be apprehensive himself. His main responsibility is to go home to his family safe and sound. I will always shut my mouth, fully comply and call an attorney later. If my actions were legal then I would think any charges will be dropped. I always give the benefit of the doubt to the police as they deal with all kinds of creeps and don't know who I am.
    Just to make you aware, every police cruiser in the state of PA has a handy dandy legal reference book that they can check when they are unsure of the law in question, or are explaining the law to a person receiving a citation. Additionally, they have access to shift supervisors that really DO seem to know just about every law on the book, or at least most of those that get folks jammed up.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Ok nogods, lets carry your logic through.

Since you think it's ok for a LEO to harass a law abiding citizen, because they are open carrying a firearm and that if they stop, then BGs will start to open carry because they will not fear getting caught.

How about LE just starts harassing everyone that crosses their line of sight, since ya know....they MIGHT have a gun and since BGs ALREADY have a tendency to conceal carry their firearms, that's the demographic they should already be after right?

I mean, if someone who is OCing MIGHT be a criminal, EVERYONE might have a gun AND be a criminal right?

Think how you would like your logic if it were turned around on you, far too many people are like you. They think everything is ok as long as it's not infringing on their rights or if the other person isn't doing it the way they would like them to.

Dude, you weren't there when they pinned the Constitution and I wager that they would not have welcomed your council anyway. You were born into and enjoyed the fruits of that document, the least you can do is respect it. There are those that have lost their lives for it.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun - Stossel's Take Blog - FOXBusiness.com

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/st...est=latestnews

"A new investigation was launched, and last month the District Attorney's Office decided to charge Fiorino with reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct because, a spokeswoman said, he refused to cooperate with police... He's scheduled for trial in July."

If found guilty he could face actual jail time and a sizeable fine.
    Let's hope that after spending $10,000 on his defense, that Mr. Fiorino will be judged "not guilty".

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I think this thread shows one thing. We're all confused as hell about the laws in our states.
    Wrong, it shows that the cops are confused as hell about the laws in our states.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast