Why OC?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why OC??

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    If that is correct, it doesn't make sense to me. Once a state has gotten over the "people don't want to see people with guns" phobia, it seems dumb to prohibit law abiding citizens from carrying a gun in a ready position. Otherwise it seems open carry is just for show rather than practicality.
    exactly

in an open carry state, does your weapon need to be holstered, or could you carry it in the high ready position? If so, what do you think the reaction of other people (including other armed citizens) would be?
    Sorry 'bout this nogods but at this point I am laughing so hard I almost wet myself...
    I have this picture of you walking around all day, carrying at the ready... I would think this makes any type of interaction with anyone for any reason a bit difficult. I'm assuming that if you are going to do this, you would always have someone with you to "handle" any interactions while you do the TV Bodyguard SA dance around them to ensure perfect safety.

I agree that OC does in fact, in many case deter the commission of a crime. When faced with any form of resistance I believe that many criminals will look for an easier target. Here in Georgia, we have seen it many times.... Guys OC in a Waffle House discourage a robbery attempt, a guy at an ATM turns his OC to face a car full of "people" who suddenly find the need to do something else... The downside... not a HUGE one here on GA.... some folks have seen too much TV and a gun that is NOT hanging on a uniform... MUST be an OMG MWAG !!!!! EEEeeeek !!
    I haven't had it happen to me yet and I OC about 70% of the time... YMMV !!
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

I do believe there is one state where the only legal way to carry a specific type of pistol is in the hand. I look for info.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGAtl View Post
    Sorry 'bout this nogods but at this point I am laughing so hard I almost wet myself...
    I have this picture of you walking around all day, carrying at the ready... I would think this makes any type of interaction with anyone for any reason a bit difficult. I'm assuming that if you are going to do this, you would always have someone with you to "handle" any interactions while you do the TV Bodyguard SA dance around them to ensure perfect safety.

I agree that OC does in fact, in many case deter the commission of a crime. When faced with any form of resistance I believe that many criminals will look for an easier target. Here in Georgia, we have seen it many times.... Guys OC in a Waffle House discourage a robbery attempt, a guy at an ATM turns his OC to face a car full of "people" who suddenly find the need to do something else... The downside... not a HUGE one here on GA.... some folks have seen too much TV and a gun that is NOT hanging on a uniform... MUST be an OMG MWAG !!!!! EEEeeeek !!
    I haven't had it happen to me yet and I OC about 70% of the time... YMMV !!
    So you just oc to show off your gun. That's what I suspect most do.

If they were really afraid of getting shot while getting coffee at Starbucks they'd have their gun out and in a ready position. But they aren't. They just want to parade around with their weapon on their hips and then claim they have to carry everywhere they go because they are afraid of being shot while getting a donut.

Hang on nogods... let me call you an waaaambulance.......

If they were really afraid of getting shot while getting coffee at Starbucks they'd have their gun out and in a ready position. But they aren't. They just want to parade around with their weapon on their hips and then claim they have to carry everywhere they go because they are afraid of being shot while getting a donut.
    WOW.... that's quite a leap you've made there... but no less that I should have expected.
    So from THIS response I have to assume that you see only 2 alternatives, carry, in hand, at the ready.... or don't carry at all... BULL PUCKEY !!! this is you trying to be... never mind.... I OC and I CC carry as I see fit for the situation that I am in and no pompous internet self-proclaim lord of the dance gets a blinkin' vote. I believe that should the need arise, I can have my weapon available and ready without pretending that I am in Afghanistan, Iraq or Mexico waiting for the enemy to pop off a few rounds at me. If that is what it takes for you to feel safe and in control - go with it.

And for the record - I DON'T claim to be afraid of being shot over a doughnut... but I do know that it is better to have and not need than to need and not have. Flame away...
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

8. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

Proverbs 17:28
    "Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues."

Of course it's too late for you now, nogods.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Proverbs 17:28
    "Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues."

Of course it's too late for you now, nogods.
    "And they were bringing rimfire shooters to his shooting range that he might let them get a lane on his rifle range, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the rimfire shooters come to me and set up in an empty lane on my shooting range; do not hinder them, for to such belongs at the gunclub of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not practice at my rifle range like these rimfire shooters shall not become a member of the gunclub of God.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, and gave them a twenty percent off coupon for their next purchase at Cabelas."

Does anyone else suspect that B2Tall and nogods are the same person?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Does anyone else suspect that B2Tall and nogods are the same person?
    Well, I am not sure of that... but what I AM sure of is.... they are BOTH on my ignore list, lol

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast