Open Carried at the supermarket, is that weird? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Open Carried at the supermarket, is that weird?

I do not see any reason why I should open carry...I like the element of surprise when the occasion calls for it. I am proud of my guns and paranoid about where I go when I go out but open carry? Naaaaahhhhhhhhhh......'Wouldn't blink an eye when I see someone OC'ing though...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    Thats not wierd at all ... You never know when a cantalope...
    Here we go talking about mellons again.

Wow thats some stuff, while advocating haveing enough ammo to do the job at hand, personaly I prefer to carry a second gun rather than extra mags

I OC'd in Carl's Jr on the way to Vegas last year. The kid behind the register must of thought I was going to rob the place... he looked REALLY nervous.

I laughed to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Is it really an advantage?
    It is in California. You cannot OC here with a loaded magazine in your weapon. You can carry a loaded magazine separately, which means having to insert magazine and chamber the round if needed. With a concealed carry license here, you can have a round chambered and a full magazine in your pistol, or a loaded revolver. Of course, it's nearly impossible to get a ccw in most of California's population centers. Plus - it looks like oc will soon be banned here all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Garathorn View Post
    I just can't feel right about it somehow. Plus I like the advantage of nobody knowing.
    I agree, I believe that carying concealed gives you a slight advantage in a bad situation. Im not saying there is anything wrong with open carry if thats what you prefer, but a bad guy might target you first because he can see you have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I agree, I believe that carying concealed gives you a slight advantage in a bad situation. Im not saying there is anything wrong with open carry if thats what you prefer, but a bad guy might target you first because he can see you have a gun.
    Once again someone saying an OC'er will be targeted with no proof AGAIN!

9. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Now come on... be fair. Ghost Rider said, "but a bad guy MIGHT target you first because he can see you have a gun."

Ghost Rider did not say "will", he (she?) said "might". Which is a true statement. Just because it has never happened in the past more than once in about every 10 years does not mean that it "might" not happen in the future.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    You need to re-read what i wrote. I said the bad guy MIGHT target you first if he sees that you have a gun. I never said an OC`er would be targeted.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    You need to re-read what i wrote. I said the bad guy MIGHT target you first if he sees that you have a gun. I never said an OC`er would be targeted.
    While I did defend your statement... I must say that the bad guy MIGHT target me first if he doesn't see that I have a gun.... so I kinda wonder about the relevence of the statement to the discussion.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast