Open Carried at the supermarket, is that weird?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carried at the supermarket, is that weird?

Question Open Carried at the supermarket, is that weird?

I always carry herr glock, and I was only wearing a fleece, so I figured I might as well let it hang out there because I probably wasn't going to fool anyone.

Anyways, that's the first time I did that and this was a confession. Idk if I got any weird looks.

I OC'd in the grocery store yesterday also. Nothing weird about it. I also OC'd at a local park and the tire shop.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Pretty normal in my town. It wont even raise any eyebrows. I have seen people open carrying at both grocery stores and walmart here. I have done it a few times myself

5. I just can't feel right about it somehow. Plus I like the advantage of nobody knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garathorn View Post
    I just can't feel right about it somehow. Plus I like the advantage of nobody knowing.
    What advantage does that give you?

Quote Originally Posted by Garathorn View Post
    I just can't feel right about it somehow. Plus I like the advantage of nobody knowing.
    Is it really an advantage?

Hmm, I couldn't help but feel like I drew some attention, but firearms are much less commonly carried in Washington

Well, I think there is an advantage to carrying concealed. If you are OCing, and a BG comes into the place with the intention to shoot up the place, he will at first be concealing and look for any weapons on people. If he is still inclined to shoot up the place, who do you think he will take out first? I do feel that OC has it's place, though.

"A free people should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from anyone, including their own government. ~ G. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Naybor View Post
    Well, I think there is an advantage to carrying concealed. If you are OCing, and a BG comes into the place with the intention to shoot up the place, he will at first be concealing and look for any weapons on people. If he is still inclined to shoot up the place, who do you think he will take out first? I do feel that OC has it's place, though.
    Yep. Just like this guy:
    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting

From the author, who is the President of the Virginia Citizens' Defense League:

Here are my thoughts from watching that tape:

Talk about a cold-blooded, fast attack where an innocent was shot without warning! Unbelievable. Situational awareness is really important. Luck doesn’t hurt, either.
    Open carry was an advantage in this case because in the video I saw just how fast the GO managed to draw his gun and begin to return fire. You always hear about how open carry is so bad tactically – you’ll be the first one shot, etc. Oh, yeah? The GO had a HUGE gun in plain sight and he was NOT shot. Who got shot first? An unarmed store owner.
    I am betting that the BG was on drugs, big time. He was hit with THREE 45-CALIBER BULLETS, with at least two of those hits causing grievous injury, and he continued the fight as if he had not even been hit at all! In fact he was strutting like a peacock who owned the place as he was walking up and down the aisles trying to get to a position where he could shoot the GO. As a gun owner, you need to be prepared for that eventuality and keep shooting the BG in his center of mass until he stops his attack. Don’t think one shot, or even two shots, are going to do it. And a head shot might well be what it takes to stop such an attack quickly.
    If you are out of ammunition, a gun does make a great weapon with which to bludgeon someone in hand-to-hand combat.
    Once again we have the tired argument that the open carrier will get shot first, even though there has NEVER been a documented case of it happening in real life. It appears to happen only in theory in the minds of the concealed carry only proponents.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Naybor View Post
    I think this statement comes from the same place as the toothfairy and magical unicorns. A lot of people believe it but no one has ever seen it.

If a bad guy walks into a place with the sole intent of shooting up the place he is looking for people, not guns. He will probably start with the people closest to him. It really comes down to luck and how quick you can access your weapon to return fire.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast