The Problem With Some People Who Open Carry. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Problem With Some People Who Open Carry.

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Yes, however our subject in the story did not have a permit.
    Not yet that is ,LOL. The commie police on the sea coast(most who moved up here from MA or Boston and think MA laws follow them up here.) Will try and use this as a reason for denying his future permit application.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    The gentleman in question needs to invest in a gun case or two. You'd think that anyone carrying a Benelli would want it cased to begin with. Those things aren't cheap.

    Then, after he's bought the cases, he should stop by the Common Sense Store and see what they have in his size.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    The gentleman in question needs to invest in a gun case or two. You'd think that anyone carrying a Benelli would want it cased to begin with. Those things aren't cheap.

    Then, after he's bought the cases, he should stop by the Common Sense Store and see what they have in his size.
    I see your back at it. Wishing to restrict a citizens rights. Hope to god you never travel to New Hampshire, good god all the freedoms we have up here might give you a heart attack.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  5. #14
    Lets just talk about rights, laws and common sense for a minute concerning the OP. What he did was within his rights as far as I know and the police said that he broke no laws. But as for common sense walking in front of a school, while school is letting out, carrying a shotgun or rifle on your shoulder, a handgun on your side and an ammo belt slung over your chest is DUMB. There is not a single one of you on here seeing that scenario would not stop and take some kind of action even if it is nothing but to watch. If you say that you wouldn't pay him any attention and just keep on driving then your situational awareness it severely lacking. I suppose you would not have paid Cho any attention when he chained the doors at VT but rather waited until he actually started shooting. This was a case where the police had every right and need to stop and question the man which is what they did. After questioning they said he didn't break any laws, all proper procedure. If he had only been carrying a handgun in a holster things may have been different but walking in front of a school with a long gun and ammo belt is not a common practice and I hope is investigated. I amy be in the minority but I would much rather they stop someone before the shooting starts than waiting until after it does to take action.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Lets just talk about rights, laws and common sense for a minute concerning the OP. What he did was within his rights as far as I know and the police said that he broke no laws. But as for common sense walking in front of a school, while school is letting out, carrying a shotgun or rifle on your shoulder, a handgun on your side and an ammo belt slung over your chest is DUMB. There is not a single one of you on here seeing that scenario would not stop and take some kind of action even if it is nothing but to watch. If you say that you wouldn't pay him any attention and just keep on driving then your situational awareness it severely lacking. I suppose you would not have paid Cho any attention when he chained the doors at VT but rather waited until he actually started shooting. This was a case where the police had every right and need to stop and question the man which is what they did. After questioning they said he didn't break any laws, all proper procedure. If he had only been carrying a handgun in a holster things may have been different but walking in front of a school with a long gun and ammo belt is not a common practice and I hope is investigated. I amy be in the minority but I would much rather they stop someone before the shooting starts than waiting until after it does to take action.
    Chaining the doors(illegal act,fire regs) carrying of firearms openly(legal ACT!) You can't really even try and compair an illegal act with a lawfull one.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Lets just talk about rights, laws and common sense for a minute concerning the OP. What he did was within his rights as far as I know and the police said that he broke no laws. But as for common sense walking in front of a school, while school is letting out, carrying a shotgun or rifle on your shoulder, a handgun on your side and an ammo belt slung over your chest is DUMB. There is not a single one of you on here seeing that scenario would not stop and take some kind of action even if it is nothing but to watch. If you say that you wouldn't pay him any attention and just keep on driving then your situational awareness it severely lacking. I suppose you would not have paid Cho any attention when he chained the doors at VT but rather waited until he actually started shooting. This was a case where the police had every right and need to stop and question the man which is what they did. After questioning they said he didn't break any laws, all proper procedure. If he had only been carrying a handgun in a holster things may have been different but walking in front of a school with a long gun and ammo belt is not a common practice and I hope is investigated. I amy be in the minority but I would much rather they stop someone before the shooting starts than waiting until after it does to take action.
    There are a handful of people on these boards that are determined to defend their (and others) rights to act like a complete idiot as well as their right to act without common sense and to behave like paranoid buffoons.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    There are a handful of people on these boards that are determined to defend their (and others) rights to act like a complete idiot as well as their right to act without common sense and to behave like paranoid buffoons.
    ephi 2:27--Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all
    things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free
    to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all
    men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and
    power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable
    like unto himself.
    2 Nephi 10:23--Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye
    are free to act for yourselves?-to choose the way of everlasting death
    or the way of eternal life.
    Gods greatest gift to his children was the gift of FREE WILL!

    How they chose to use said free will is left up to them. I defend all rights both man made lawful rights and human rights. I don't just defend the rights I like/use.

    It's not just members on these forums who defend peoples rights to act however they want (right or wrong). The highest court in the land also does the same thing. Point in case they protected the right of that church to protest at the funerals of fallen soldiers. However wrong it may be for them do do such a disgusting thing, the court up held their right under the law to do such a thing. They ruled on fact of law, not on their personal feelings.

    If you don't like the laws CHANGE THEM! Everyone gets their panties in a bunch over someone following the law. If someone is committing an unlawful act it's one thing, but getting worked up over a lawful act. Take a valium and chill.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Chaining the doors(illegal act,fire regs) carrying of firearms openly(legal ACT!) You can't really even try and compair an illegal act with a lawfull one.
    If you had seen Cho chaining the doors how would you have known it was an illegal act? There action of chaining doors shut in itself is not illegal and it done quite often. To know whether or not it was an illegal or legal act you would have had to have more information about his action such as time of day, if other people were in the building, if he was authorized to do it,........

    The mere fact of chaining the doors shut was not in itself illegal just like his walking down the street with a shotgun on his shoulder. It was the surrounding factors that caused alarm. The two acts can be compared very easily and correctly.

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    There are a handful of people on these boards that are determined to defend their (and others) rights to act like a complete idiot as well as their right to act without common sense and to behave like paranoid buffoons.
    I also defend a person's right to act like and idiot however I do not defend their right to act like an idiot without consequences. Just like the show "jackass", I defend his right to do stupid things but only if his stupidity does not affect and harm others. A person climbing a mountain knowing the dangers and does not take the proper precautions before starting out should not expect others to place themselves in great danger by trying to rescue him when his stupidity gets him in trouble.

    People do stupid things all the time and I say let them do it as long as it only involves the idiot. If someone is walking around holding an AK-47 in their arms it may be legal. If they start pointing it at people then it becomes illegal. What is the difference if they do not intend to shoot anyone? What about if it is fake gun? The problem is that we do not know what the intentions of the idiot are and cannot automaticly assume that he is not going to harm anyone if his actions are far from normal. There is nothing wrong with verifying the intentions of the idiot. There are guidelines and laws about how you have to prepare before climbing a mountain and no one complains about these restrictions on free travel.

  11. #20
    What about the 1,000 ft school campus law?
    The feds could still come in and charge him with multiple felonies, couldn't they?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast