The Problem With Some People Who Open Carry. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Problem With Some People Who Open Carry.

Factual Analogy: I was in restaurant, saw 2 guys looking into my car like setting up a snatch and grab, maybe GTA. Went out and intervened. LEO showed up in 2 minutes, nothing legal could be done but question them. Did not touch car, did not commit crime, but it was obvious that they planned to. Crime diverted onto someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Factual Analogy: I was in restaurant, saw 2 guys looking into my car like setting up a snatch and grab, maybe GTA. Went out and intervened. LEO showed up in 2 minutes, nothing legal could be done but question them. Did not touch car, did not commit crime, but it was obvious that they planned to. Crime diverted onto someone else.
    A good analogy except that how would you convince anyone of their intent. That term is thrown around on gun boards a lot. I have no doubt about it but until the crime is committed how do you determine intent. That is what cops are faced with every day. They see three different people walking down the street carrying a gun how do they determine if they are intending to rob someone or are just carrying for their own defense. Just like the case of the LEO stopping the black kid on a bicycle with a second bicycle on the handlebars of the one he is riding. Cop stops him because he "suspects" that the second and possibly first bicycles are stolen. Claims of racial profiling and discrimination were heard all over the city along with claims that the kid was not breaking any law and the cop had no right to stop and question him. Both bicycles were in fact stolen but had not beeb reorted as such. The cops guess was correct but did he have any right to stop and question the kid on the bicycle. What he was doing was unusual but not illegal as far as what the LEO saw.

The key is to have a gun in your possession and be proficient in its use in case you get locked into one of those mass murder shootings. The first thing the police do is secure and lock down the area while the perp is still roaming around killing people inside. Usually after many minutes or even some hours have passed the police SWAT team starts clearing room by room. You are on your own for a lot of time locked in a building with a murderous gunman or gunmen. If you have your firearm during a situation like the VT shootings (where it wasn't even allowed) at least you have an additional option than just hiding and/or waiting to die.

At least you have the option to flip him/them the bird and die like a Viking.

Good analogies above. Nobody (LEOs or not) ever knows for sure until there is an actual crime in progress or bullets start flying, then split second decisions must be made. Train to make the right ones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123