Wisconsin/ Michigan open carry

Thread: Wisconsin/ Michigan open carry

Wisconsin/ Michigan open carry

New to the group, I would like to know if it is legal for me to open carry in Michigan. Wisconsin has no permit for open carry , so would I be legal in Michigan, since they also have open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by sig p6 View Post
    New to the group, I would like to know if it is legal for me to open carry in Michigan. Wisconsin has no permit for open carry , so would I be legal in Michigan, since they also have open carry.
    I don't think your pistol would be legal... must see this thread: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...-carry-mi.html

Open carry in Michigan is legal without a permit in most areas unless in a vehicle. Carrying in a vehicle requires a recognized CC permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Open carry in Michigan is legal without a permit in most areas unless in a vehicle.
    NO, Not true for an unlicensed nonresident.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Carrying in a vehicle requires a recognized CC permit.
    A WI resident can't get a recognized CC permit. Careful Anubis your posts will get someone in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    A WI resident can't get a recognized CC permit.
    Exactly my point. Any state that requires a permit for vehicle carry can't claim to be an open-carry state.

Michigan open carry

Yes we have open carry here in Michigan and no class is required. The same pistol free zones apply. However once a person get into a vehicle a concealed pistol permit is required, or the gun has to unloaded locked and seperated from the ammo. In a sense it is a good idea to get your cpl and have it covered all around weather you carry open or concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffelliott View Post
    Yes we have open carry here in Michigan and no class is required.
    If your not a MI resident you can't oc without a carry license.

The same pistol free zones apply.
    Not true. OC law: Michigan Legislature - Section 750.234d; CC law: Michigan Legislature - Section 28.425o.

However once a person get into a vehicle a concealed pistol permit is required, or the gun has to unloaded locked and seperated from the ammo.
    Only needs to be separate from the ammo if you've been drinking.

In a sense it is a good idea to get your cpl and have it covered all around weather you carry open or concealed.
    Did you sense the state laws? He is from Wisconsin they don't have cpl's.
    MI law does get complicated.

Whew

Golden Eagle knows what he is talking about, MI requires a CPL or other recognized firearm permit such as the FOID Card to OC.

While you cannot CC on a non resident concealed carry permit you can OC with one.

A good place to start with OC in MI is with the Open Carry Guide Project. Login
    Michigan Open Carry Inc. Southwest Regional Coordinator.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.