Philadelphia Fiorino Charged for Open Carry, July Court - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: Philadelphia Fiorino Charged for Open Carry, July Court

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    Yes, that's right. Just move to the back of the bus like they tell you to. Get away from that lunch counter. Don't drink at that water fountain. Don't cause a commotion. They're just doing their job.
    That sounds like a very G50AEish comment, do I need to add you to the list above?

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That sounds like a very G50AEish comment, do I need to add you to the list above?
    Please do. It would be an honor sir

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    First, just conceal the damn thing and stop inviting trouble.
    I disagree. While I practice concealed carry and most likely would even if SC had open carry, if the law says you have the right to open carry, you have the right to open carry. The police enforce laws - not write them. There is a very good reason for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Second, obey the police at all times. It will get sorted out based on the law. But if the LEO doesn't know the law you're not going to educate him on the scene. When refusing to get on your knees you're guilty of obstruction and are inviting a forceful takedown. Just shut up and let the law work its solution.
    I agree with obeying LEO commands if for no other reason that not doing so could get you shot. From what I've read the city of Philadelphia has no interest in sorting this out. They are just basically saying "our bad" and working on a revenge prosecution of this man. I have no doubt that he had the tape recorder with some hopes that an incident would happen. Unfortunately, the LEO was dumb enough to give him exactly what he wanted. The real issue here is not even OC vs CC. It is the fact that a law-abiding citizen was treated like a criminal because the LEO did not know the law. Now the Philadelphia police want to prosecute the citizen for his actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The best fight you ever win is the one you don't have. Conceal it, shut your mouth and obey LEO commands. Damn this site is crammed with the same open-carry trouble story over and over.
    Unfortunately the only way to ensure our rights are protected is to bring attention to areas where they are not.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    223
    Ihre Papiere, Bitte

    Thought we were past this

  6. #25
    1- NavyLT
    2- G50AE
    3- BigGayAl
    4- Treo
    5- Tucker's Mom
    6- Cathyinblue
    7- localgirl
    8- Swinokur (Ja!)
    9- SC Tiger
    10- Whoever kelcarry is growling at today.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    Ohhh-keyyy...

    I was actually avoiding this post because I knew listening to the Philly recording would piss me off one way or another.

    At the risk of being excommunicated by NavyLT, I tend to lean more towards the BC1 side on this one.

    The thing is, Fiorino was within his rights, but you know he was poking the bear.

    It's one thing to walk down the street in, say, a small town out West where we all have a certain degree of gun savvy, versus a really large city back East, where people are scared pantless of violence, and especially of gun violence.

    Fiorino was inviting a conflict, which, I must admit, is sometimes the only way to bring attention to a matter. And the police responded (as they too often do, I am afraid) with emotion rather than professionalism, To make matters worse, Fiorino embarrassed them.

    Boys, if there is one thing you all can't cotton to, it's being humiliated. No one likes to admit they screwed up, and if you're a cop, a job that requires a certain amount of ego, you can multiply that by two or three.

    It may be legal to carry openly in Philly, but it's not necessarily smart.

    Although, I will admit, if enough people followed suit, Fiorino's neighborhood would probably be a lot safer.

    He also further aggravated the cops by recording them, which MAY be illegal in Pennsylvania. (Electronic communications there require two-party consent. It is not clear if that extends to the public venue).

    So, in my opinion, however humble or not, both sides did a little pooch-screwing on this one.

    The thing that really chaps my hide, though (I can say that, I live out West) is that even though Fiorino was being an instigator, the police department was OPENLY exposed, OPENLY confessed to having been incorrect, and then turned around and OPENLY said they planned to do exactly the same thing in future circumstances. It's one thing to make a mistake. It's quite another to plan to continue making the same mistake in the future.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    223
    This is a civil rights issue, plain and simple. The fact that it involves firearms is incidental to the issue IMO. The Philly cops are no different than Bull Connor and the fire hoses of Birmingham. The 2A will hopefully be ruled a core right and therefore it will be a right that can be regulated but will have to be treated in a better fashion that the PPD seems to be doing while they decide if you are allowed to do something legal..

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    Completely off topic....Swinokur, what IS that creature splayed across the road in your profile pic?

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    223
    Not OT at all. We are discussing the PPD's treatment of a law abiding citizen exercising his constitutional right, or a lack of them, depending on your perspective.

    The pic is a dead squirrel posed with 2 GI Joe action figures

    sick yes?

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Swinokur View Post
    Not OT at all. We are discussing the PPD's treatment of a law abiding citizen exercising his constitutional right, or a lack of them, depending on your perspective.

    The pic is a dead squirrel I posed 2 GI Joe action figures

    sick yes?
    I got that picture in an email a few years ago. It was titled "What boys do with action figures." Absolutely hilarious!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast