Philadelphia Fiorino Charged for Open Carry, July Court - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Fiorino Charged for Open Carry, July Court

NavyLT were we twin brothers in a previous life or something?

3. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    NavyLT were we twin brothers in a previous life or something?
    You don't remember that medical operation to separate us about 40 years ago?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    You want to OC? Fine with me. Only now I will modify my offensive strategy to perpetrate a crime against you.
    Anybody with just an ounce of common sense or a glimmer of intelligent spark behind the eyes, even a criminal, would simply wait two minutes for the guy with the gun to leave, or would walk down the street one block to the next convenience store where there isn't a guy with a gun and rob them. Especially since the goal of the criminal is to obtain what they want in the quickest and easiest way possible, with the least likely chance of getting caught. When only, probably, 1/10th of 1% of the public openly carries a gun, it doesn't take a rocket scientest to figure out that those 1/10th of 1% aren't going to be the target of choice when the criminal has 99.9% of the population that isn't visibly carrying a gun to choose a target from.

Unfortunately it seems as if your classroom theories, spawned by a desire to make a living from teaching concealed carry have blinded you to the way things work on the street.

That being said, there are places where I would agree are not safe to open carry and concealed carry is safer. Areas such as high gang activity where the gangs would view the open carrier as a challenge and a prize to bolster their reputation.

As far as your everyday criminal, though.... he isn't stupid enough to alter his attack because a guy is carrying a gun. They are going to be smart enough to just wait for the next guy to come along.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    You don't remember that medical operation to separate us about 40 years ago?
    Hmmm.....? Being that I'm only 34 I can't say that I do. But then again my oldest brother did graduate from Annapolis class of 1990.

Somebody's got to stand up for the Constitution. You aren't going to.

That's the problem with this concept we call freedom... it's just going to piss off some people.
    Doctor, my arm hurts when I lift it.

Then don't lift it.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

7. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Doctor, my arm hurts when I lift it.

Then don't lift it.
    A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.
    So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
    But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.
    He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.
    The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
    “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
    The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Freedom is not free. But it is always easier to let someone else bear the cost.

Unfortunately it seems as if your classroom theories, spawned by a desire to make a living from teaching concealed carry have blinded you to the way things work on the street.

That being said, there are places where I would agree are not safe to open carry and concealed carry is safer. Areas such as high gang activity where the gangs would view the open carrier as a challenge and a prize to bolster their reputation.

As far as your everyday criminal, though.... he isn't stupid enough to alter his attack because a guy is carrying a gun. They are going to be smart enough to just wait for the next guy to come along.
    You presume to know a lot about me. Ever been shot? Stabbed? Ever had a child abducted and stabbed to death? Ever found the body and try to save his life? Ever buried a murdered child? Ever created a foundation that has taught over 50,000 kids how to avoid abduction? Ever lectured on the patterns of anti-social personality disorder or pedophiles? Ever trained a K9 protection dog? Ever worked as an investigator? Ever worked in bail recovery? Ever worked the ghetto? Ever dealt with a home invasion? Ever taught in a college-level paralegal program? Ever worked for the U.S. Attorney performing digital investigations? Are you an expert in any defensive strategy such as Krav Maga. Are you certified to teach knife defense, improvised weapons, belts & straps, wolfpack defense? Have you been teaching these disciplines for over 20 years? Do you have any instructor training at all? Are you currently under a publishing contract to write a book on these subjects as I am? When you've done these things you can talk to me about experience. Tactically, OC is a loser. Any well-trained tactical instructor will agree it removes the element of surprise.

Earlier in your posts you tried to say that there has never been a case of a person's gun being taken away an used in a crime. Now you agree with my position in that thread that some areas aren't safe for OC, WHICH IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH OC. Are you for or against astro-turf. Make up your mind.

Please be advised when quoting the social or socio-economic patterns of criminals that as a group, street criminals aren't smart or resourceful. I've seen them walk right past an alarm sign and camera and attempt a break-in. They're tweeked out, dusted or drunk. They're drop-outs with a history of homelessness and a lack of education and gut value programming. They lack frontal lobe development and thus have poor impulse control. And the statistic is that 2.3% of all men are sociopaths and roughly 2.5% will commit some form of violation or misdemeanor level crime in their lifetime. They may also be non-violent. They may be classified as thiefs, fist fighters, burglars, sex offenders, pedophiles or harassers. Just because you don't agree with another person's (experienced and educated) position on an issue, you should refrain from insulting those in the field. There isn't enough room in the signature line to list my credentials. Don't assume it's limited to an NRA instructor.

Now each of us will have our own beliefs based on our education and experience. I have mine and you have yours. Mine come from being stabbed, shot at and grazed. No one can tell you what's best for you. If you feel more comfortable with OC then by all means do it. Make an argument for it. Spend money on attorneys or lobby for legislation on the subject. It doesn't bother me to see someone exercising his rights. And I do believe in your right to OC. But these damn LEO keep hassling everyone an that's the real shame. I live in commie NYS where there is no OC anyway so we don't encounter the problem. But even when in another state my personal preference is to retain the element of surprise.

NavyLT, lighten up... it's just a personal opinion/preference.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    NavyLT, lighten up... it's just a personal opinion/preference.
    That's fine. I don't care what your personal opinion/preference is. I have a problem with you telling other people how they should behave, and being chastising when they act in a manner that you don't agree with, even though they are doing nothing illegal and doing nothing other than exercising their rights, to wit:

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    First, just conceal the damn thing and stop inviting trouble.

Second, obey the police at all times. It will get sorted out based on the law. But if the LEO doesn't know the law you're not going to educate him on the scene. When refusing to get on your knees you're guilty of obstruction and are inviting a forceful takedown. Just shut up and let the law work its solution.

The best fight you ever win is the one you don't have. Conceal it, shut your mouth and obey LEO commands. Damn this site is crammed with the same open-carry trouble story over and over.
    I would suggest that you follow your own advice, to wit:

Quote Originally Posted by BC1
    lighten up... it's just a personal opinion/preference.

Girls, girls! You're BOTH pretty!

If you promise to take a half dozen wealthy Californians out of north Idaho, you can both come live here. The worst crime you need to worry about is some schmuck stealing your bicycle, and no one cares if you open carry. You're more likely to run into a moose in your back yard than a murderer.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast