I open carried to the movie theater - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I open carried to the movie theater

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    P.S. What about a resident of Vermont? Any resident of Vermont is "licensed" by Vermont to carry a concealed weapon automatically if they are not prohibited from owning that weapon.

That's where VT residents get the short end of the stick...and why AK, AZ and WY still issue permits even tho they all have Constitutional Carry...

I could of told you that Pirates of the Carabbien was going to suck :P well done on the OC deal. And it is a good idea to carry the statute that way if a LEO will stop you. I guess you can show it to him...that is before he uses the Spray, baton and taser on you...(ok, just kidding).

Good job...!

4. NavyLT:

There are 2 sections of Michigan Law which address "pistol free zones" There is the list of places where a pistol is generally prohibited except to those who meet certain qualifications of which a CPL recognized by the State of Michigan is one of them. That statute forbids open carry to the general public without a permit in those areas.

A similar list in the Michigan CPL statute which you cited states where you cannot carry a concealed pistol. Taken together, a CPL permits a person to carry a pistol into a pistol free zone but they are forbidden from concealing it. There has been at least 1 Michigan Attorney General opinion on the subject which states that open carry in a pistol free zone requires a CPL.

This is a wierd idiosynchrity of Michigan Law. Most who have a CPL are not aware of this and assume they cannot carry in the pistol free zones. BZ to the original poster for exercising this right.

Was it because I open carried at Applebees, or because I <gasp> had a beer with dinner while doing so? Along the same lines, it's probably not the open carrying at the theater that is the real problem, until you eat popcorn, too. :-)
    Wife, daughter and I went to Applebee's for my wife's birthday. I had 2 that's right, TWO beers with dinner and then after dinner we went shopping at Wal Mart. As always, I open carried the entire time.

OMG... I guess I am lucky to have survived and am alive and well to tell this tale!

The only thing lacking was that I forgot to wear my CCW Badge...
    Actually now that I look at it, there's that whole CCW Badge issue.

Sounds like a great way to get free popcorn to me. Just think about it ... If you get three free MOVIE popcorns you could buy a new Kimber!
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

7. Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    Sounds like a great way to get free popcorn to me. Just think about it ... If you get three free MOVIE popcorns you could buy a new Kimber!
    No kidding about that!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12