Walk for OC? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walk for OC?

I'm all for the idea in CT...
    However it would make sense to communicate with local law enforcement an let them know your plans before hand, like the bike runs do... They may have ideas helpful to the cause that you may not have thought of.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    I'm all for the idea in CT...
    However it would make sense to communicate with local law enforcement an let them know your plans before hand, like the bike runs do... They may have ideas helpful to the cause that you may not have thought of.
    Yeah, like why would you want to do that? It's illegal etc.. I will call them the day of the event(if it happens) and let them know.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    I made a quick one with ideas.
    vary nice shirt. What do people think of a Sunday?

I think Independence Day (Sunday before?) would be pretty cool.

Maybe we should add a slogan. Something like "Out in the Open" with the date and "Open Carry is a Right" on the front, and on the back, the "Open Carry Walk" and block of city names, with USACarry logo/address on bottom.

If you let me know what to put on shirts I can make them and let you know how to order.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I think Independence Day (Sunday before?) would be pretty cool.

Maybe we should add a slogan. Something like "Out in the Open" with the date and "Open Carry is a Right" on the front, and on the back, the "Open Carry Walk" and block of city names, with USACarry logo/address on bottom.
    I like it! Now is the out in the open and all that stuff for a shirt or flayer? I think the shirts should say something like "Open Carry? Yeah it's legal!" Or something like that?

I was thinking shirt. I like what you put together--I'm just thinking of some kind of short, sweet slogan. If this thing takes off, you want a phrase that people will remember. I guarantee if enough if us do this, especially attached to a major holiday, you'll get media coverage, and who knows how far it could go? In a way, something like "Out in the Open" is filching from the gay community, But hey, reading this forum, it sounds like lawful carriers are being marginalized in much the same way gays were twenty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nraynes View Post
    If you let me know what to put on shirts I can make them and let you know how to order.
    Good to know. When we have it all nailed down I'll hit you up. If you have an account over at opencarry.org post about this event under the NH forum. Area will be Claremont,NH

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I was thinking shirt. I like what you put together--I'm just thinking of some kind of short, sweet slogan. If this thing takes off, you want a phrase that people will remember. I guarantee if enough if us do this, especially attached to a major holiday, you'll get media coverage, and who knows how far it could go? In a way, something like "Out in the Open" is filching from the gay community, But hey, reading this forum, it sounds like lawful carriers are being marginalized in much the same way gays were twenty years ago.
    Yeah, sounds good now we just need to come up with a slogan, and how far the walk will be. Five to ten miles? Shorter longer? Set amount of miles but people are free to walk as much or as little as they want is what I'm thinking. I like that date, I'll check the local BBQ joint in town and see if we can all stop in their after the walk. I'll call the PD and let them know about the event. Now we need the slogan,shirts and people to start signing up, we also need to set a time for the walk to start. The NH walk will be held in Claremont,NH.

I'm thinking we will start center of town and walk down Washington st(the main strip in the city) walk down to Lowes or Home depot and turn around and come back. About 2.25 miles one way(4.5 total, give or take.)

Tartar sauce! Apparently I need to come up with fifty bucks and some kind of first aid and insurance coverage for a public assembly. That seems a little constrictive...I will research some more.

I like flexible miles. Our route would probably be about five there and back, but someone could just do half, or even just rally at the finish line for BBQ.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast