opinions on open carry - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 134

Thread: opinions on open carry

  1. #111

    Lightbulb Can't Predict the Weather

    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Yeah...it's like really hot in the middle of the US, then over here in North Idaho, it's all rainy and cool. Heh. Weather. Heh heh.
    Yeah this one right here goes out to all the baby's mamas, mamas...
    Mamas, mamas, baby mamas, mamas
    Yeah, go like this

    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times
    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times

    My baby's drama mama, don't like me
    She be doin things like havin them boys come from her neighborhood
    to the studio tryin to fight me
    She need to get a, piece of the american pie and take her bite out
    That's my house, I'll disconnect the cable and turn the lights out
    And let her know her grandchild is a baby, and not a paycheck
    Private school, daycare bills, medical bills, I pay that
    I love your mom and everything, but see I ain't the one who laid down
    She wanna rib you up to start a custody war, my lawyers stay down
    She never got a chance
    to hear my side of the story we was divided
    She had fish fries and cookouts
    for my child's birthday I ain't invited
    Despite it, I show her the utmost respect when I fall through
    All you, do is defend that lady when I call you, yeah

    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times
    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times

    Me and your daughter.. got a special thang goin on
    You say it's puppy love (arf arf arf)
    We say it's full grown (ARF ARF WOOF!)
    Hope that we feel this.. feel this way forever
    You can plan a pretty picnic
    but you can't predict the weather, Ms. Jackson

    Ten times out of nine, now if I'm lyin; fine
    The quickest muzzle throw it on my mouth and I'll decline
    King meets queen, then the puppy love thing, together dream
    bout that crib with the Goodyear swing
    on the oak tree, I hope we feel like this forever
    Forever, forever, ever, forever, ever?
    Forever never seems that long until you're grown
    And notice that the day by day ruler can't be too long
    Ms. Jackson my intentions were good I wish I could
    become a magician to abracadabra all the sadder
    thoughts of me, thoughts of she, thoughts of he
    Askin what happened to the feelin that her and me
    Had, I pray so much about it need some knee, pads
    It happened for a reason one can't be, mad
    So know this, know that everything is cool
    And yes I will be present on the first day of school,
    and graduation

    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times
    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times

    Uh, uh, yeah
    "Look at the way he treats me"
    Heck, look at the way you treat me
    You see your little nosy-nose homegirls
    done got your tail sent up the creek G
    Without a paddle, you left to straddle
    and ride this thing on out
    Now you and your girl ain't speakin no more
    cause my stuff all in her mouth
    You know what I'm talking about Jealousy, infidelity, envy
    Cheating to beating, and D to the G they be the same thing
    So who you placin the blame on, you keep on singin the same song
    Let bygones be bygones, you can go on and get the hell on
    You and your mama

    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times
    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times
    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times
    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    4. News stands and convenient stores are targeted because of the easy victims...because they don't think they are armed. Links to articles of armored cars, banks, and other stores being robbed that have armed guards would be helpful if you can find any.
    I will oblige you:
    3 In Custody, 2 Still Sought In Deadly Wal-Mart Shooting - News Story - KIRO Seattle

    Criminals had an inside mole that informed them when the armored car would be arriving. The criminals waited for the armored car to show up, immediately, without any warning, shot the guard and ran off with the money. Nowhere was Joe Citizen openly carrying a gun shot first in this robbery.

    This was a plan to attack a high value target, for which the protective measures were known in advance. Completely 100% different scenario than a guy busting into a convenience store not expecting to find any resistance and there happens to be an armed citizen there, which they will likely never notice until it's too late such as:

    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You assume a lot about someone you dont know.

    2. Metaphor you brought up. Don't dismiss a point you made that hurts your logic.

    3. You used lcdr link to point out one case where an oc might have been targeted. That whole report was lop sided. One case does not make it common, therefore common sense says otherwise. Lefties say more guns in an area = more deaths, duh... common sense. Is this the common sense you are referring to?

    4. News stands and convenient stores are targeted because of the easy victims...because they don't think they are armed. Links to articles of armored cars, banks, and other stores being robbed that have armed guards would be helpful if you can find any.

    4b. I will know a threat when it presents itself. We have obvious differences in what we deem threatening based on our previous discussion on pitbulls. Though you say I underestimate, find me a convenient store robber who is intelligent. Good luck surprising the bad guy who already has the jump on you.

    5. Worst case scenario...bad guy stabs you in the head from behind...bad guy stabs your wife multiple times...bad guy shoots your kids from a blind side...you really prepare for the worst case?

    6. Really seriously since your common sense is a couple ticks above a liberal journalist...ill leave your illegitimate argument right there.

    7/conclusion: lumping these two together. Some, not many, criminals have encounter firearms before. They of all criminals know it's not worth risking it against an armed person. They can get an illegal gun with far less risk than trying to steal it from an armed person. You have dug a hole with no evidence, and buried yourself with no personal experience to back up your claims.

    I will halfway agree that open carry draws a certain group of bad guy, known as the police..
    Well sir, apparently you just have oodles of experience in this matter and you seem to know exactly how every BG operates as well. You should be in law enforcement. There would be no crime whatsoever if you were. You are doing society a great disservice by wasting your time with us here on these boards when you should be pointing out all the BGs and telling LE exactly what their next move is.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  5. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Which is also why YOU are on so many people's ignore list, in fact, you are probably on more ignore lists than anyone else........
    Objection! Conjecture. Inadmissable.

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  6. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Well sir, apparently you just have oodles of experience in this matter and you seem to know exactly how every BG operates as well. You should be in law enforcement. There would be no crime whatsoever if you were. You are doing society a great disservice by wasting your time with us here on these boards when you should be pointing out all the BGs and telling LE exactly what their next move is.
    Let's put this in a bit of perspective. How many cases of Joe Citizen open carriers do we have that have been attacked by bad guys, neglecting those who are NOT Joe Citizens that are attacked because of their positions such as armed guards and police officers? So far, two. The guy that was illegally carrying in the restaurant that served alcohol that was attacked by the nut job, and the guy in Wisconsin that was robbed in an armed robbery.

    Now... how many tales of self defense do we hear about by people who had concealed firearms? Lots. It's estimated that guns are used for self defense 2.5 million times each year. So who is getting attacked that has to use their guns in self defense? It stands to reason that the vast majority of those must be cops, security guards and concealed carriers because we can find only two incidents of Joe Citizens being attacked while open carrying. It doesn't take rocket science to connect the dots.

    The vast majority of attacks on open carriers are perpetrated by LEOs.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:215819

    Well sir, apparently you just have oodles of experience in this matter and you seem to know exactly how every BG operates as well. You should be in law enforcement. There would be no crime whatsoever if you were. You are doing society a great disservice by wasting your time with us here on these boards when you should be pointing out all the BGs and telling LE exactly what their next move is.
    Ah thanks man! Glad we cleared everything up. I would also choose a pitbull as my k9 unit like many departments do :-) Though if I was working as an LE I would be operating as a bad guy, so no thanks.

  8. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Those exact words could be used to describe "those Conceal Carry adherents".......


    Thing is, Being bashed by Conceal Carry advocates about open carrying is worse than being bashed by anti's for carrying at all........ At least anti's are truthful about not liking guns..... From my experience on this and other forums, the Conceal Carry ONLY people seem to have a hatred for those that dont carry "THE" way that "THEY" approve of..... not much more can be said to describe them...


    Being vilified by those who SHOULD have a big enough clue about our RIGHTS to at least acknowledge (like you have, ty) that we should all carry the way we, as individuals, want to.... will not be tolerated (IOW, I wont be silent about it)
    Now where in the world did you come to the conclusion that I was anti-open carry? I never so stated, alluded to or even brought up the topic for discussion.

    In fact, if you care to FOLLOW my posts without getting all worked up about them, I even stated that I could care less about whether or not you carry openly or concealed. I even stated that if it was OK for you, fine with me.

    Damn! Answering baseless (mindless) personal attacks was what caused me to post my P.S. above about "knee jerk reactions" and getting into a defensive mode when folks don't take your seering "knowledge" with the same level of ferver you demonstrate.

    Then you start "going on" about your "rights". I know what your "rights" are, as well as I do mine. I think it comes under the heading of attitude check. The squid with the id's signature seems to sum it up rather nicely. "Don't like my gun? Have a tissue!" Exercise of one's Rights without concern for ANYONE else's input on the matter. Certainly within your "Rights". Certainly indicates a level of self centeredness. Most assuredly makes you obnoxious. Again, within your "Rights".

    Me? I'd just as soon try to "get along" with my fellow humans. Some folks won't take "yes" for an answer, though. From you, all I get is attitude.

    Just who I want to see on the street, a "gunslinger" with an attitude. LOL! (In common parlance, a "fanatic".)

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  9. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Being civil with antis is what has gotten us here in the first place.......

    Those spreading rumors and lies as fact will be pointed out/exposed for what/who they are.

    Someone without much knowledge/experience could be reading this type pf forum... and may take bad advice if it isnt pointed out and dealt with....That bad advice (in some cases/subject, not necessarily this particular thread) could actually cost them their life if they take it as the truth.....


    Those that keep repeating that which has been proven false are worse than anti-gunners in my book. At least anti-gunners say they hate guns..... some on here have no clue what Constitutional Rights really are, not to mention how life actually works in the real world, all they ever do is repeat what their teachers/instructors told them as the gospel and refuse to accept anything else.......
    Exactly demonstrative of my point. Beware the self appointed holder of all knowledge, for rest assured he/she is NOT!

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  10. #119
    But, I tire of the prattle. So to bed, perchance to dream.... maybe of "gunslingers" with attitudes.

    "Is that you John Wayne?" LOL!

    GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Now where in the world did you come to the conclusion that I was anti-open carry? I never so stated, alluded to or even brought up the topic for discussion.

    In fact, if you care to FOLLOW my posts without getting all worked up about them, I even stated that I could care less about whether or not you carry openly or concealed. I even stated that if it was OK for you, fine with me.

    Damn! Answering baseless (mindless) personal attacks was what caused me to post my P.S. above about "knee jerk reactions" and getting into a defensive mode when folks don't take your seering "knowledge" with the same level of ferver you demonstrate.

    Then you start "going on" about your "rights". I know what your "rights" are, as well as I do mine. I think it comes under the heading of attitude check. The squid with the id's signature seems to sum it up rather nicely. "Don't like my gun? Have a tissue!" Exercise of one's Rights without concern for ANYONE else's input on the matter. Certainly within your "Rights". Certainly indicates a level of self centeredness. Most assuredly makes you obnoxious. Again, within your "Rights".

    Me? I'd just as soon try to "get along" with my fellow humans. Some folks won't take "yes" for an answer, though. From you, all I get is attitude.

    Just who I want to see on the street, a "gunslinger" with an attitude. LOL! (In common parlance, a "fanatic".)

    GG
    You failed to notice the part in the last few sentences where I acknowledged your personal viewpoint... I was quoting you to respond about how those same tired arguments keep coming up is all....

    Originally Posted by Axeanda45
    Those exact words could be used to describe "those Conceal Carry adherents".......


    Thing is, Being bashed by Conceal Carry advocates about open carrying is worse than being bashed by anti's for carrying at all........ At least anti's are truthful about not liking guns..... From my experience on this and other forums, the Conceal Carry ONLY people seem to have a hatred for those that dont carry "THE" way that "THEY" approve of..... not much more can be said to describe them...


    Being vilified by those who SHOULD have a big enough clue about our RIGHTS to at least acknowledge (like you have, ty) that we should all carry the way we, as individuals, want to.... will not be tolerated (IOW, I wont be silent about it)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast