opinions on open carry - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 134

Thread: opinions on open carry

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Butner, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    362
    OC & CC are both legal in NC, I've worn my Handgun both ways but chose CC as my carry method, nuff said!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    OC & CC are both legal in NC, I've worn my Handgun both ways but chose CC as my carry method, nuff said!
    Exactly! I agree 100%
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. As I said before the less others see the better off one is. After 11 Months of going down to the Court House and a full jury trial.
    If that jerk had not seen my Glock, he would not have been able to say it was pointed at him.

    You can bet I am super careful now about not allowing anyone to see my carry now.

  5. I have nothing at all against Open Carry! As Tuckers Mom said, you will definitely lose the element of surprise. As a former Marine this is something you want to help tip the scales in your favor! If you seem to be having problems accessing your firearm from its concealed position the best thing to do is practice drawing it from your holster a couple hours a day. Practice makes perfect! I would also recommend working on your speed reloads, you can never be to safe and rely only on that one mag. SEMPER FI, Clint

  6. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA Rep:216480
    I have nothing at all against Open Carry! As Tuckers Mom said, you will definitely lose the element of surprise. As a former Marine this is something you want to help tip the scales in your favor! If you seem to be having problems accessing your firearm from its concealed position the best thing to do is practice drawing it from your holster a couple hours a day. Practice makes perfect! I would also recommend working on your speed reloads, you can never be to safe and rely only on that one mag. SEMPER FI, Clint
    Good post. Practice until you are comfortable drawing your firearm. Practice until you master your draw. Practice enough to know how long it takes to draw. Practice until you are confident. Then practice more, because complacency is your worst enemy.

    I just don't know about the surprise portion. I can't see it working. Can those that believe you lose the surprise aspect give your best " what if " scenario.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I just don't know about the surprise portion. I can't see it working. Can those that believe you lose the surprise aspect give your best " what if " scenario.
    The best "what if" scenario is that the criminal is unarmed. He's got his hand in his pocket faking a gun. Then the victim can pull out his real gun and yell "Surprise! I have a real run gun and you just have a finger pointing at me!"

    Worst case scenario, the criminal does have a gun or a knife and then it's a matter of a quick-draw shoot out just like in the old west. Except the criminal has already drawn his weapon.

    The problem with the "element of surprise" is that it is strictly a tactic to enhance the effectiveness of an attack and has no deterrent value. If a person is in a self defense position that warrants using the gun, the criminal already has used the "element of surprise" to gain the upper hand against the target. Using the "element of surprise" against a criminal that ALREADY has gained the advantage is brave at best and a deadly mistake at worst.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #127
    My version of a "best what if" scenario is if I can get through the rest of my life without having to kill another human being, for whatever reason.

    If the Gods are kind, my singular selfish wish will be granted.

    If not...... Not!

    GG

    P.S. I am not above executing rabid dogs, two or four legged. In and only in cases of self defence, of course. (Wink!)
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

  9. #128
    In Indiana we can oc and cc. My son is an MP and when he first got his ccw, he open carried. After about 2 months he changed to cc. On night he was at a movie, and he ran into an old friend that thought his Springfield DX 40 was a toy and came up behind him and tried to pull it out of the holster. Besides having a locking holster, my son's reaction time to anything around him is very fast. That friend will not make that mistake again.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by logical Larry View Post
    In Indiana we can oc and cc. My son is an MP and when he first got his ccw, he open carried. After about 2 months he changed to cc. On night he was at a movie, and he ran into an old friend that thought his Springfield DX 40 was a toy and came up behind him and tried to pull it out of the holster. Besides having a locking holster, my son's reaction time to anything around him is very fast. That friend will not make that mistake again.
    People see things and they get ideas. Just ask me I know.

  11. #130
    Amen. If My son didn't have a locking holster, even with his quick reaction time, things could have gone down very differently.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast