opinions on open carry - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: opinions on open carry

That's why he has switched to cc. I always perfered cc, but could not talk him out of open carry until he had the incident. He figured his MP training was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by logical Larry:217340
    That's why he has switched to cc. I always perfered cc, but could not talk him out of open carry until he had the incident. He figured his MP training was enough.
    Has your son had a bad guy reach for his weapon? The old friend sounds like a real genius, first by thinking people carry around toy guns, second by grabbing someone else's gun...again it's hard to say your son was targeted because he was open carrying, sounds more like he was targeted because of who he was in relation to the old friend... but in the end it happened...If your son did encounter a bad guy in that scenario he would of been one of a handful that that has happened to. Glad everything turned out okay.

4. There's no open carry in my state but I prefer concealed anyway.

Yet I often open carry when I make solo trips out to Idaho to fish or hike. It's an extension of TR's admonition to 'speak softly and carry a big stick.' When alone in the middle of nowhere, I try to come off as a polite and friendly guy who is not to be messed with.

Actually, the presence of the pistol seems to make the locals more friendly. They surmise from it that I'm not some granola-eating member of PETA who has come to Idaho to look down his nose at the local ranchers, loggers, and hunters.

The only problems is that the locals will sometimes point and giggle at my puny .357 as they stroke their longer, larger-bored pieces. ;)

Personal Choice, if you wish to open carry and can do so, if you wish to CC do so. In either case I will be armed.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314