opinions on open carry - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions on open carry

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Do not get mad at the sheep, should they hiss or bark, it is not their fault their instinct is danger because they have been force fed that garbage their entire lives.
    This thread is treading dangerously close to "sheepdog" teritory.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    This thread is treading dangerously close to "sheepdog" teritory.
    Yeah. I was thinking that it's kind of odd that some folks who claim not to be sheepdogs on other threads seem to feel the need to strap on the iron and go around in public "deterring crime" by their mere presence.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Punch: NavyLCDR's DecofInd observation:It is one of the reasons why the Second Ammendment exists.

I can't think of a case where the Supremes ruled an ammendment unconstitutional. Anyone?

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Yeah. I was thinking that it's kind of odd that some folks who claim not to be sheepdogs on other threads seem to feel the need to strap on the iron and go around in public "deterring crime" by their mere presence.
    Or by wearing those silly CCW Badges.

6. Man I get a kick out of these OCvsCC threads. I even knew it would come down to badges eventually ,lol.

I mostly read to see what I can learn, but don't post much. however...

Some OC, some CC, some 95%, some would not OC in some situations, some would not CC in some situations, some would cover there weapon with an elbow (congrats on your promotion NavyLCDR) etc. etc.

This scenario from my CCW instructor:

You and a group are herded into a back room (you're CCing) during a bank robbery. the cops have arrived and the BG's are going to shoot hostages. The instructor's suggestion was for you to say something like "gee I wish someone had a gun" to feel out the rest of the group. He said you might be surprised by somebody saying "I've got a gun" and then formulate a plan. If, however someone would disparage having a weapon you would just put some of the group between yourself and the door.

My thinking in all of this, considering antis and all, is I don't want to be in the position to be forced into deciding to use my weapon by anyone else (understanding of course that it's still ultimately my decision).

Not having bystanders involved in my decision to draw (which I haven't seen discussed) is one of the reasons I mostly CC.

Rick

2A-Anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rick327 View Post

My thinking in all of this, considering antis and all, is I don't want to be in the position to be forced into deciding to use my weapon by anyone else (understanding of course that it's still ultimately my decision).

Not having bystanders involved in my decision to draw (which I haven't seen discussed) is one of the reasons I mostly CC.

Rick

2A-Anyway
    FORCED into deciding to use your weapon by someone else? I think you need stop carrying a weapon until you can overcome this need to do what others want you to do with YOUR weapon..... WHY do you care what the "anti's" think? Why even consider what someone who refuses to protect themselves (and wants YOU disarmed too) has to say?

8. I carry open in WI because that is the only way we can carry legally here. That is, until November 1st and if I get a license to CC. I have not had anyone approach me yet and ask about me carrying, either civilians or LEOs. Nobody around where I live seems to havea problem with it, adn even if they did it is their problem not mine.

9. This was an entertaining choice for my first thread to read through on this forum *g*.

I've never had a problem OC'ing but it isn't an uncommon thing here in AZ so people mostly don't get freaked out about it. How I carry (OC vs. CC) depends on a number of things but it is nice to have the choice to do either.

I've yet to be given any instances where a person OC'ing was killed by a criminal first because they were wearing a visible gun, on any of the myriad of threads on this subject, on any of the numerous other gun forums I frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropic777 View Post
    This was an entertaining choice for my first thread to read through on this forum *g*.
    Yeah, it has two out of three of the ever entertaining topics of CCW Badges and Sheepdogs. Maybe someone can railroad this discusion and start debating whether or not to have round in the chamber of their carry weapon, that topic is always a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Punch: NavyLCDR's DecofInd observation:It is one of the reasons why the Second Ammendment exists.

I can't think of a case where the Supremes ruled an ammendment unconstitutional. Anyone?

GG
    The SCOTUS cannot declare a part of the Constitution unconstitutional. The can, however, interpret an Amendment to near uselessnes. In spite of the Second Amendment, the SCOTUS has pretty well gutted the 4th and 10th Ammendments, and set pretty arbitrary limits on the 1st and 2nd. I believe the 2nd Amendment is far more about overthrowing a government that has become unconstitutional than it is about whether or not a weapon is open or concealed.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast