No to open carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No to open carry

Carrying an unloaded gun in CA is like carrying a club and I bet a club is illegal in LA also. Wish everyone would at least place their state on the post so we know which state we are discussing.

Oh, I see. He must live in Cali or something--weird open carry laws.

"Won't" is short for "will not." As in, "I called the dog, but he just won't get out of his bed." "Want" is to desire, like "I want to carry my pistol openly, but I won't, because I can't load it."

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    That's bullet in the chamber and safety ON yes I no what it means I carry a 1911 but with the open carry law the gun has to be unloaded
    Open carry law ... unloaded - depends on location.

5. First...wow...long road

That's bullet in the chamber and safety ON yes I no what it means I carry a 1911 but with the open carry law the gun has to be unloaded
    Second....why bother....just pick up a rock and throw it...it's cheaper

6. Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    First...wow...long road

Second....why bother....just pick up a rock and throw it...it's cheaper
    or a brick in a holster!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Did someone just feel like shaking the hornets' nest today?
    I find that throwing my CCW Badge at the hornets' nest is much more effective.

Why would you won't to carry a unloaded gun openly?
    Not sure where you're at guy but in Colorado I can legally carry a loaded firearm openly
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Yaakov Ben Avaraham View Post
    Perhaps Jason needs to be educated. Locked & Cocked-a bullet in the chamber, safty off, hammer locked back. ex. 1911. Different pistols have different systems. As for me open or concealed Locked & Cocked is the only way to go, that 2/10, 3/10 or how ever long it takes you to rack a round could be the differece in life or death. Me I chose life.
    I think you meant safety on
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

10. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Speaking of "Cocked and Locked", I haven't seen him on the forums in a while. Is he ok?
    Don't you mean "Half Cocked" ?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

That's bullet in the chamber and safety ON yes I know what it means I carry a 1911 but with the open carry law the gun has to be unloaded
    Maybe you should read the laws and understand them before you make false comments like this. Michigan does not have such thing as an "open carry law" I carry openly cocked and locked no safety on all 95% of the time, the other 5% I carry concealed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast