Open Carry Opinions - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Pretty much depends on how you dress to a certain degree, but as long as you don't look like a tatted up biker type, yeah, that's likely what most people assume.

Biker's ... got'a love'em ! !

Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post

Biker's ... got'a love'em ! !

No MC colors?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Pretty much depends on how you dress to a certain degree, but as long as you don't look like a tatted up biker type, yeah, that's likely what most people assume.
    Do you mean like this?

In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I live in Oregon, an open carry state. In my small town, I don't see many people carrying firearms.
    I think we all should be, not just firearms owners, but AMBASSADORS of firearms. Proudly carrying our weapons, and boldly stating 'we will not be told we cannot defend ourselves.' Not just hiding them away, and hoping for the best. How are we to make other people share our beliefs? Do you think I am wrong in thinking this way?
    I share your belief, mate! My holster is a Blackhawk, good cant and good retention and as much as possible I like to educate people about guns especially that I am a woman. Many will assume I should be against them but I am not. But here where we live, there is a law to be uphold. There are only a few areas, counties where open carry is legal. My county doesn't allow open carry and to travel from one place to the other, it will be a bit of a hassle getting your gun in and out as an exercise. In winter I just cover mine up with my coat or something...in summer and some dressed-up functions, I carry concealed. I find that in functions, some people who knows my husband and I carry, would congregate nearer us and/or be in our little crowd even if our conversation isn't necessarily about guns. Maybe they feel safer with us around...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Well, I'd say there's little chance of that guy being mistaken for a LEO type. Unless of course, that's the way LEO's in your neck of the woods dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Do you mean like this?

Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Well, I'd say there's little chance of that guy being mistaken for a LEO type. Unless of course, that's the way LEO's in your neck of the woods dress.
    C'mon, you know, undercover LEO. And he's a biker, got'a love' em!
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Damn straight. I had a buddy in high school who's father looked something like that. Full on biker dude, tatts, ZZ Top beard and hair, totally "thug" in appearance. He'd often be home when we were at the house and his biker buddies would come over to visit.

One day I dropped by for a visit and my buddy's dad looked a whole lot different. Nice clean cut, business suit and tie. I didn't recognize him, and asked my buddy "where's your dad?" The both started laughing and told me he was in court earlier in the day, and revealed that he's actually a FBI Special Agent and was working undercover for the last year. He testified in court earlier in the day and would be relocating after the trial was over.

Made me realize that the thug you run into on the street could actually be some UC LEO. Needless to say, I was on my best behavior pretty much at all times for the next few years.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Actually, I don't have to love them, not my type. But I can respect them.

I don't begrudge anyone their style of dress. But if you dress like the tatted up biker dude, and OC, don't be surprised if you get stopped and questioned, even if it is an illegal stop.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Actually, I don't have to love them, not my type. But I can respect them.

I don't begrudge anyone their style of dress. But if you dress like the tatted up biker dude, and OC, don't be surprised if you get stopped and questioned, even if it is an illegal stop.
    The Capital Hill area in Seattle has many Gay Bikers ..... Dikes on Bikes M/C club, lots of tatted up badassness biker guys holding hands ..... Personally I would place more trust in them or a "Hells Angel" due to their extremely high level of honor, integrity and respect.

Because two guys where OC'ing things didn't get ugly. This is one very good reason to open carry.

Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw
    XDm 40 16+1+16+16

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast