Is Public Exhibition of Firearms Illegal in North Carolina? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Is Public Exhibition of Firearms Illegal in North Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller View Post
    So far, all of my sabre-rattling has been confined to this ONE THREAD in this forum. As for starting revolutions, I'd be proud to do so — but I'm sure I wouldn't see YOU there on the front lines.
    Blah blah blah......

C'mon Patrick Henry.....pick up your weapon in one hand, your banner in another, and overthrow this "tyrannical" government that you hate so much!! Whatsa matter....all talk an no action?? Or maybe you don't want to be known as the "Lonely Revolutionary". You're right about one thing - you definitely won't see me at your so-called revolution. I guess I'm just not enough of a paranoid crackpot to join that march. You seem to be pretty alone there, although there are a few other paper tigers lurking on this board as well. You and they can sit and whine about Constitutional violations and call for revolution....all the while remaining behind your keyboard.

Come November of '12 I'll be part of a group that "overthrows" our current government - at the ballot box, and I can assure you that me and those like me will be far more effective than your nonstop crying and fantasizing about being some sort of leader.

BTW, how many different poses did you try out in front of the mirror before you chose the one you use as your avatar?? I used to do that. Of course I was 10 and was holding a BB gun, but that's just me.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Hey guys, why not cool it for now. I know your business is none of my business but if we as gun owners cant get along what does the future hold?

4. Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Hey guys, why not cool it for now. I know your business is none of my business but if we as gun owners cant get along what does the future hold?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Austin Miller:220171
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    As requested. Find a violation...ok go!!
    Where's your retaining strap on that sidearm, buster? That weapon could be removed from your holster and turned against you in a moment, before you could respond.
    No retaining strap is not a violation. I'll advise you to raven concealment, galco, bianchi, the super tuck and kholster lines, need I say more...who do not put retaining straps on the majority of their holster. Nice try though.

I shouldn't have brought up the looney part because I knew it would fuel your fire...btw I'm done with college and that requires American History, so nice try again.

I'll ask again...what does it take to make you suspicious?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I think you just came here and posted your story looking for company in bashing the person who called the cops on you and bashing the cops for investigating. Unfortunately, for you, most of us here feel that two guys outside a residence at 11:00pm with a gun and a flashlight just plain warrants and justifies reasonable and articulable suspicion that a crime may be about to occur.

Personally, I would thank a neighbor who called the cops at 11:00pm about two guys with a gun outside my house, even if one of the guys was me, because that shows they care about me and my house and are watching out for me.
    I agree with you NavyLCDR if I saw late at night a person or persons in the same circumstance I would call the cops. Consider the entire situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MIL-SPEC 45 View Post
    Use your noodle dude!!!
    The Sheepdogs ate all of my ramen noodles.

I sound like a looney, eh?
    Yes, as a matter of fact, you do.

But that's just MY humble opinion.

In the interum, then, I would have to place you on a "gun owner" who bears watching list.

While the "background checks" required for gun ownership are relatively adequate for catching criminals who try to purchase "legally", past experience seems to suggest that the "loonies" sometimes slip through the "net".

In your particular case, I hold THAT truth to be self evident. Just sayin'.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

9. Mr. Miller, How can I get a free signed Autograph of your Book "Relaim our Future"?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Now THAT needs to be posted right next to all "posted" signs forbidding firearms on premises. Being a more succinct clarification of the situation, it should not be TOO upsetting to those stalwarts who post their hoplaphobia for all to see in the first place.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

So, I'm violating Colonel Cooper's rules in addition to the NRA's rules, eh? Heh heh heh... What do they say about POSING for photographs? Have you ever posed for a photograph with a firearm? If you did, I bet I could spot ten violations without breaking a sweat.

Look, you guys started out by criticizing my "suspicious" behavior, and now you're critiquing my AVATAR? You boys need to grow up, for one thing, and behave like responsible gun owners, not dogmatic drones of gun control.
    Your avatar shows you handling a large caliber wheelgun next to your torso and face with what appears to be your finger on the trigger. Grade for the course: F.

You're making a big deal out of someone calling in a MWAG. Given the circumstances, I would have done the same. You can call it "fear" or whatever you want, I call it people looking out for one another. And I personally have no problem with that.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast