10 reasons for open carry - Page 10
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 230

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Not to offend anyone, but surprise is an offensive tactic. Most self defense scenarios are a defensive situation where surprise plays no role. There also has been no case where an open carrier was shot first in a crime.
    There is absolutely an element of surprise in defensive tactics. I would rather the assailant not know I have a weapon and him be surprised I have one when presented with the situation that calls for it, rather then him already knowing what I've got defensively. If they know you are armed, they just might shoot you in the back and not even give you a chance to draw if they know you are carrying.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by aksilentsoldier View Post
    There is absolutely an element of surprise in defensive tactics. I would rather the assailant not know I have a weapon and him be surprised I have one when presented with the situation that calls for it, rather then him already knowing what I've got defensively. If they know you are armed, they just might shoot you in the back and not even give you a chance to draw if they know you are carrying.
    Your argument is based upon nonsense. It is nonsense to think that the criminal will shoot the person in the back, raising the crime from the level of armed robbery to murder or attempted murder - and for what? A lousy gun the criminal can buy on the street for $200? AND if the criminal is shooting you, THEY ALREADY HAVE A GUN!

    You have more chances of getting killed by a flower pot thrown by monkey. There are actually documented cases of people being killed by flower pots thrown by monkeys.

    BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Monkeys create havoc in Delhi

    More power to you, though. It's your choice to live in a fantasy world. Just don't expect me to be convinced by foolish arguments. Yeah, the criminal is going to shoot the guy with the gun in the back....instead of waiting for a victim of the rest of the 99.5% of the public to come along who isn't visibly carrying a gun. Want to buy the bridge I happen to have in my back yard?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. I open carry because a right not exercised will soon be lost. a century ago in this country it was considered
    cowardly to carry concealed.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by rangerx View Post
    I open carry because a right not exercised will soon be lost. a century ago in this country it was considered
    cowardly to carry concealed.
    A few of us still consider it cowardly to carry concealed under most circumstances!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by aksilentsoldier View Post
    There is absolutely an element of surprise in defensive tactics. I would rather the assailant not know I have a weapon and him be surprised I have one when presented with the situation that calls for it, rather then him already knowing what I've got defensively. If they know you are armed, they just might shoot you in the back and not even give you a chance to draw if they know you are carrying.
    Or pistol-whip you from behind, or tell you to lie face-down on the floor..., or one BG tells you not to move while another BG takes your pistol, etc. etc. There are all sorts of options for the BG, none of which are good for the OCer.

    I see OCing as something that may very well solve one problem but in the process could potentially create a much bigger problem for the OCer.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerx View Post
    I open carry because a right not exercised will soon be lost. a century ago in this country it was considered
    cowardly to carry concealed.
    And I strongly believe you should have the option to OC if you so choose.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  8. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:223952
    Or pistol-whip you from behind, or tell you to lie face-down on the floor..., or one BG tells you not to move while another BG takes your pistol, etc. etc. There are all sorts of options for the BG, none of which are good for the OCer.

    I see OCing as something that may very well solve one problem but in the process could potentially create a much bigger problem for the OCer.
    How will cc change any of this. If they already have a gun, it will be pointed at the target. Can anyone draw as fast as someone pulling a trigger? If they are going to strike from a blind side first, they will do it to either style of carry. These potentially bigger problems are problems for either style of carry.

  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I open carry because:

    You will not be targeted first. (added since this seems to be a primary argument against, even though this thread is for open carry, and this argument has no evidence to back it up)
    Its a faster draw.
    Its more comfortable.
    It deters a crime before it happens.
    It shows the public firearms are not evil.
    It shows the public good people carry firearms.
    Its my right as a living soul, and the 2A says what the government can not do, not what I can do.
    I get the opportunity to educate more people than a cc.
    I can always conceal it if I need to.

    You will find a great amount of information on here, but you can also go to opencarry.org, they have a lot more on open carry specifically.
    There isn't any "evidence" you will or will NOT be targeted first.
    Draw time is subjective. Your open carry draw time might just be the same as my concealed carry draw time.
    Amount of comfort is your opinion, entirely subjective. I find my CC comfortable.
    Open carry does not deter crime. It does not create a crime free zone everywhere you walk while open carrying.
    The anti-gunner's opinions out there probably will not change as a result of seeing your gun in your holster.
    If you have time to "educate" the public, good for you. Not all of us want the attention while running errands and living our own lives.
    Lastly, why would you want to conceal it if you "need" to? You're arguing for open carry, so why say you can resort to concealed carry if you want? It destroys your argument.

  10. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Open carry does not deter crime.
    Tell that to the people in Kennesaw, GA.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  11. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:224162
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I open carry because:

    You will not be targeted first. (added since this seems to be a primary argument against, even though this thread is for open carry, and this argument has no evidence to back it up)
    Its a faster draw.
    Its more comfortable.
    It deters a crime before it happens.
    It shows the public firearms are not evil.
    It shows the public good people carry firearms.
    Its my right as a living soul, and the 2A says what the government can not do, not what I can do.
    I get the opportunity to educate more people than a cc.
    I can always conceal it if I need to.

    You will find a great amount of information on here, but you can also go to opencarry.org, they have a lot more on open carry specifically.
    There isn't any "evidence" you will or will NOT be targeted first.
    Draw time is subjective. Your open carry draw time might just be the same as my concealed carry draw time.
    Amount of comfort is your opinion, entirely subjective. I find my CC comfortable.
    Open carry does not deter crime. It does not create a crime free zone everywhere you walk while open carrying.
    The anti-gunner's opinions out there probably will not change as a result of seeing your gun in your holster.
    If you have time to "educate" the public, good for you. Not all of us want the attention while running errands and living our own lives.
    Lastly, why would you want to conceal it if you "need" to? You're arguing for open carry, so why say you can resort to concealed carry if you want? It destroys your argument.
    Your response should of been just "no".

    There is no evidence you will be targeted first, but there has been multiple examples of OC in a store where a crime took place, and they weren't the first to get shot. One example included a full size 1911.

    Draw time. You are saying having to move the concealment piece of clothing to get to your weapon is faster than just getting to your weapon? That OC might be as fast? Why do competition shooters OC then? I thought they were about being fast?

    my cc is comfortable as well, but my open carry is more comfortable. This is a personal preference, and is the only legitimate argument against OC.

    "Open carry does not deter crime." Are you just trolling now? Any self defense instructor, book, video, will tell you just being aware of your surroundings can deter a crime. Criminals do profile their victims. Showing them you are not only going to fight back, but you have the advantage sure is a deterrent. We have posted multiple examples of deterrence. Back up your claims.

    If I "need" to. as in a store owner says, "hey man, I don't mind you carrying, but if you don't conceal it on my property, you will have to leave". I don't see that destroying any argument.

    I never said it creates a gun free zone. Knowing that's how you see open carry sheds light on the mentality of anti OC people. I do care about educating the public and I do make time for it. You guys that don't have the time should be grateful there are people who do.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast