10 reasons for open carry - Page 13
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

1. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Do you consider someone concealing their firearm with a garment, but then telling and flashing the weapon for brief instances, to still be concealing? Cause I don't.
    Ahhhh.... I see a market for bright, shiny CCW badges here!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Ahhhh.... I see a market for bright, shiny CCW badges here!
    Noted and thread tagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    That story is an excellent example of when criminals decide to case a place a few minutes before they decide to rob it. Some criminals case the store a few minutes before, and some don't. Those that don't like in the example I posted, will not be deterred by your holstered pistol.
    I'm going to address this post with real life example DE.

Years ago my family owned a small general store in the country. We served an extremely poor, minority community. Over the years we got to know our customers. We even extended credit to some that had to wait for their checks until the first of the month.

Back in the day before all the cc laws, we oc'ed everywhere; including our store. Then some government wussies decided that people like me and my family were dangerous. So, cc laws were passed and it became illegal to oc anymore; (even in our own store).

Not to long after it became illegal to oc, some of the customers that we had known for years decided to come in & rob the place. What they didn't realize is we had just hid our firearms behind the counters. Well, a firefight broke out and we ended up shooting at four people we considered loyal customers and friends. Thank God we didn't kill our friends and nine of us were injured. But, three of them were shot and two were seriously injured.

PAY ATTENTION to this part-
    When asked why after all these years, they had decided to rob our store, they said it was because we had ALWAYS been armed.

They WRONGLY assumed because we we a church going, law abiding family, we had been forced to leave our firearms at home. They didn't realize that we may have decided to legally store fireams at our place of business.

I just wanted to tell you and some of the other AG people who masquerade as intelligent Pro-gun elitist, that if the nanny-state do-good leaders had not made it against the law to OC in our own business back then, we would NOT have had to almost KILL people we had grown to care about. (Thank goodness, the laws have been relaxed somewhat and you can CC or OC in your place of business now.)

What CC activist pee-brains don't seem to understand, regardless of documented FACTS, is that OC deters/prevents crime.

My guess is that you and others that have posted here have NEVER had to almost "KILL" anyone. Some of our members here can tell you that having to shoot or kill someone is among the most traumatic experiences you can face. It can haunt you for years; even if YOU were in the right 110%.

But, I seriously think your small, closed mind will even g.a.s. IMHO; you and others that come here to do nothing more than troll should be banned. I personally think you and others are secretely AG and you are hoping to cause enough trouble that sites like this will lose membership. (But, we've had trouble makers come here before.)

I like OC because I "personally" KNOW that it deters crime BETTER than CC.

Sure you may be able to STOP a crime from being commited; ONCE it has begun. But, CC is dependent on the BGs ability to be omnipotent in determining if you would be an easy target. On the other hand, OC sends a STRONG message to the BG that you are ready willing & able to FIGHT!

Its sad really; that facts, figures & real life examples mean absolutely nothing to those with small, closed & ignorant minds. But, instead they cling to their inerrant beliefs; based on FALSE teaching, fear & emotion.

I just hope that your closed mind doesn't cost you the life of someone you love one day.

I'm done!

-

Tcox4freedom, the fact that you have started to use personal insults definitely shows your level of immaturity and inability to hold any sort of intelligent debate, as well as your own closed minded view. When people like you cannot handle a debate in which your opinions are challenged, you can only resort to insulting the other person because you cannot hold a legitimate argument.
    Lets just hope that your immaturity and willingness to personally attack somebody doesn't cost the life of an innocent person or loved on who holds a different view point or challenges yours in real life.
    Im done.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Tcox4freedom, the fact that you have started to use personal insults definitely shows your level of immaturity and inability to hold any sort of intelligent debate, as well as your own closed minded view. When people like you cannot handle a debate in which your opinions are challenged, you can only resort to insulting the other person because you cannot hold a legitimate argument.
    Lets just hope that your immaturity and willingness to personally attack somebody doesn't cost the life of an innocent person or loved on who holds a different view point or challenges yours in real life.
    Im done.
    I'm not some wannabe tough guy. I've actually had real life BG experience as a civilian, leo and in private security work.

I strongly detect that you're just a wannabe internet commando. I suggest you just stick to playing with your computer or airsoft guns because you're gonna get hurt one day if you continue to dicount all the wise council you've been given here.

-

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Not to long after it became illegal to oc, some of the customers that we had known for years decided to come in & rob the place. What they didn't realize is we had just hid our firearms behind the counters. Well, a firefight broke out and we ended up shooting at four people we considered loyal customers and friends. Thank God we didn't kill our friends and nine of us were injured. But, three of them were shot and two were seriously injured.

PAY ATTENTION to this part-
    When asked why after all these years, they had decided to rob our store, they said it was because we had ALWAYS been armed.
    Wow, that's an....umm....interesting story. Those were some really stupid people. Did they think that you threw your guns away just because you couldn't OC?? And to think that years later you had a chat with them. Interesting.

My preferred gun dealer told me a story of his best friend getting shot and killed. He owned a pawn shop and was OCing. The perp waited 'til the other employee went to the back and, without warning, pulled out a concealed pistol and shot the owner in the head. The perp smashed a display case, grabbed several guns, squeezed off some shots at the other employee (who came running out of the back), and made good his escape.

The world is full of interesting stories.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I'm not some wannabe tough guy. I've actually had real life BG experience as a civilian, leo and in private security work.

I strongly detect that you're just a wannabe internet commando. I suggest you just stick to playing with your computer or airsoft guns because you're gonna get hurt one day if you continue to dicount all the wise council you've been given here.

-
    Duck Hunt on the Original Nintendo Entertainment System might be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Wow, that's an....umm....interesting story. Those were some really stupid people. Did they think that you threw your guns away just because you couldn't OC?? And to think that years later you had a chat with them. Interesting.

My preferred gun dealer told me a story of his best friend getting shot and killed. He owned a pawn shop and was OCing. The perp waited 'til the other employee went to the back and, without warning, pulled out a concealed pistol and shot the owner in the head. The perp smashed a display case, grabbed several guns, squeezed off some shots at the other employee (who came running out of the back), and made good his escape.

The world is full of interesting stories.
    Bgs generally are not known to the the brightest bulb in the house. They are generally lazy and always looking for the easiest way to take advantage of someone elses hard work.

My cousin also owns a pawn shop and OC's while he's working. Nobody, ever attempted anything while he was openly armed. However, a few years ago he was a victim of a HIR where he, his son & his nephew were almost killed. One of the robbers had known him for years. He had been casing his actions for quite sometime and knew after work he always went home showered, then went to the gym.

They chose the time where he was most vulnerable to attack before they struck. These four BGs were pretty badass. But, yet they still chose NOT to attack him when he was armed. They too, admitted that they waited until my cousin wasn't able to put up a fight.

The bottom line is that BGs always like to choose what they see a EASY victims. In a BGs mind, he wants to gain immediate control of his victim. The absolute last thing most BGs want is a victim that he knows will fight back.

-

10. Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Bgs generally are not known to the the brightest bulb in the house. They are generally lazy and always looking for the easiest way to take advantage of someone elses hard work.

My cousin also owns a pawn shop and OC's while he's working. Nobody, ever attempted anything while he was openly armed. However, a few years ago he was a victim of a HIR where he, his son & his nephew were almost killed. One of the robbers had known him for years. He had been casing his actions for quite sometime and knew after work he always went home showered, then went to the gym.

They chose the time where he was most vulnerable to attack before they struck. These four BGs were pretty badass. But, yet they still chose NOT to attack him when he was armed. They too, admitted that they waited until my cousin wasn't able to put up a fight.

The bottom line is that BGs always like to choose what they see a EASY victims. In a BGs mind, he wants to gain immediate control of his victim. The absolute last thing most BGs want is a victim that he knows will fight back.

-
    Almost the exact same thing happened to me about 7 years. One or more perpetrators were casing my house in the early morning hours. I left for work at 5:30 am and within a few minutes of my leaving he/they entered my back yard. My three dogs chased him/them out of my back yard. Thinking that I had locked the dogs in the back yard he/they kicked the front door of my house in and entered the house. My wife, home alone in the dark house, screamed and the dogs came in the house through the doggie door and chased the bad guy(s) out of the house. They never returned to my house.

Criminals in real life simply very seldom ever pick the hardened target to attack, especially if there is no known exceptional value to be gained from doing so.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I open carry almost 100% of the time. Never have had an issue, from anybody, LE included.

OK CC-ers, Im facing you with a weapon on my hip, open carry. You're concealing. Ready? DRAW!! Go on, take your time getting that sweatshirt up, I'll wait.

(BTW, if you're in the convenience store and BG comes thru the door to rob it and you don't see him coming in, shame on you...you need to work on your situational awareness.)

This is an old and tiresome argument. Everybody knows that OC is better than CC. Or is it the other way around?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast