10 reasons for open carry - Page 15
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Yes, but then that dang "view this post" link shows up.... that dang link gets me every time!
    You must resist the temptation.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Maybe I've never had any incidents BECAUSE I'm so alert. Maybe, in the Spring and Summer, I do OC most of the time, or "almost exclusively."
    Again Al, tell me.....how do you know ahead of time if somebody is anti-gun or anti-OC??? Do they carry signs?? How does being "more alert" allow you to tell the "pros" from the "antis"?? Can you just tell by looking at them??? And then what, when you detect an "anti" do you cover your pistol with something until they walk past??

And anyone who KNOWS how to pay attention will know if someone else has seen that they're packing. If you can't tell the difference, maybe YOU shouldn't carry.
    What gives it away, Al?? How do you know when somebody has noticed that you're OCing?? Do they let out a gasp?? Do their eyes bulge and they point?? Educate me on this, Al. Seriously....that knowledge could come in very, very handy. Don't keep it a secret - let us all know!

If I were you, I'd go find someone else to bother. Your posts to me are bordering harassment.
    Harassment?? Ignore me if you don't like it.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Screw this guy, Al. He's an effing troll, that's obvious.
    Troll?? Naaaah. Just a bit of a pitbull when someone who ridicules me goes and sticks their foot in their mouth and repeatedly contradicts themselves depending on the prevailing winds. If he's going to attack my POV then he better have all his ducks in a row. He didn't.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Thumbs down No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Screw this guy, Al. He's an effing troll, that's obvious.
    I wouldn't want to get any troll STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I wouldn't want to get any troll STD's.
    Yeah, I sort of thought, the way he follows me from thread to thread, maybe he wants to be "buddies."
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

7. I have had to bring a handgun into play to stop agression. 2 times it was when I was CC. OC I don't think that would have happened. I'd prefer OC. I can also draw much faster OC than CC. Cover gets in the way.

I dont know if this has been said yet(15 pages later, but just in case) if you are open carrying and something goes down lets just say in a bank, whoever is robbing it has a gun, if they see that gun, even if they had no intention on using their gun, they will probably decide that you are a direct threat, then they will take you out. yes, you might have time to react. but, maybe not. you wouldnt want to tell a robber "hey, ive got a gun, so get out" would you? chances are, a robber has no intentions on firing their gun unless something goes wrong. just saying. OC makes you the first victim in my opinion.

9. Quote Originally Posted by beezeroni View Post
    I dont know if this has been said yet(15 pages later, but just in case)...OC makes you the first victim in my opinion.
    Yes, it's been said before. Over, over and over again. 15 pages later the challenge still stands unanswered: provide one example of where this has happened in reality.

On the opposite side, we do have an example of what really happens:
    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting

Here are my thoughts from watching that tape:

Talk about a cold-blooded, fast attack where an innocent was shot without warning! Unbelievable. Situational awareness is really important. Luck doesn’t hurt, either.
    Open carry was an advantage in this case because in the video I saw just how fast the GO managed to draw his gun and begin to return fire. You always hear about how open carry is so bad tactically – you’ll be the first one shot, etc. Oh, yeah? The GO had a HUGE gun in plain sight and he was NOT shot. Who got shot first? An unarmed store owner.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

good read. thank you for that, now i can understand a little more. for me though, it depends on where i am at. hiking, ill OC, shopping, ill still probably CC.

11. Quote Originally Posted by beezeroni View Post
    good read. thank you for that, now i can understand a little more. for me though, it depends on where i am at. hiking, ill OC, shopping, ill still probably CC.
    The thing you have to remember is that during those "high intensity" robberies, the criminals are very concerned about specific threats - such as tellers activating alarms and security guards in uniforms. They simply don't have the luxury of looking at every customer/civilian to see if they can spot a gun on a belt. For the civilian in the "crowd" it is easy and very unnoticeable to cover the gun with an elbow held tight against the side. Then, when the opportunity presents itself, it is much quicker and less noticeable for the open carrier to draw his firearm.

A concealed carrier, on the other hand, must first get his gun out of concealment and then draw it...

Those of us that open carry all the time will tell you that 99% of the population that we are around either don't notice or don't care about the gun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast