10 reasons for open carry - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

Quote Originally Posted by beezeroni View Post
    I dont know if this has been said yet(15 pages later, but just in case) if you are open carrying and something goes down lets just say in a bank, whoever is robbing it has a gun, if they see that gun, even if they had no intention on using their gun, they will probably decide that you are a direct threat, then they will take you out. yes, you might have time to react. but, maybe not. you wouldnt want to tell a robber "hey, ive got a gun, so get out" would you? chances are, a robber has no intentions on firing their gun unless something goes wrong. just saying. OC makes you the first victim in my opinion.
    Be careful, Beezer.......saying stuff like that will get you labeled a "spewer of lies and myths" and you'll end up bruising some very fragile egos. To speak out against OC in any way, shape, or form seems to be a challenge to the manhood of a few on this site.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Nice troll b QQ

4. Oh ok I have not seen all of this post but son of sam killed without warning look up his cases.
    also the lover lane killer in LA would kill without contact with the victims. armorcar drivers were shot from behind with out warning in newyork. Ther are all ways exceptions.
    do most get a warning in someway I think so but not allways.

5. Hey just tell me who is saying stuff about my friends I will met you at after school and mush up your hair.
    So There!

6. I think dcselb1 ment it when he was a kid he took something. and why in hell would you threaten him with a gun? Cause the true is if someone is going to take on a open carry like you he is going to do it in surprie.
    RIGHT!!!! He is not going say Hey draw!! why are you mad? you disagree with that!! What are you smoking???
    I see a guy with a gun on his hip and i want something of his you can be dang sure I am not going to give him a shot at me
    Thats why old west gun fighters sat with their backs to the wall. Wild bill forgot that and died with aces and eights.
    BUD WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
    ya need to say your sorry to mr DCSELB1 and then you guys shake hands, ---now hug!!!!! Now rub his back!! LOL Just kidding don't flog me!!!
    Lighten up Fransics!!

7. Guys I don't open carry cause I don't want to be stopped by the cops. thats it the only thing I worry about.
    you see the tape on canton and the news on the wis 5 and the others cops are the wrong doer's I fear.

Heh white tiger, you gotta be the craziest poster in here. The only thing I don't get in your post, is why a bad guy who wants something from someone wouldn't use surprise, OC or not. Stay crazy man!

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    Guys I don't open carry cause I don't want to be stopped by the cops. thats it the only thing I worry about.
    you see the tape on canton and the news on the wis 5 and the others cops are the wrong doer's I fear.
    ^^^ Sadly, this is a very legit reason not to OC in some areas ^^^

I do thank God there are some OCers out there who are willing to take the abuse though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    Oh ok I have not seen all of this post but son of sam killed without warning look up his cases.
    also the lover lane killer in LA would kill without contact with the victims. armorcar drivers were shot from behind with out warning in newyork. Ther are all ways exceptions.
    do most get a warning in someway I think so but not allways.
    And this brings up a very good point. For those relying upon the "element of surprise".... who's to say you are going to have the chance? By the time it becomes necessary to use your "element of surprise" it is going to be because the criminal ALREADY has the upper hand! They have already surprised you. And your hidden handgun is not going to do anything to deter that. At least with open carry there is a CHANCE the bad guy will be deterred. Concealed carry lowers that chance to zero, if you are properly concealing your gun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

11. Most criminals are cowards by their very nature. They are also lazy. If they weren't cowardly and lazy, they'd have the guts to earn an honest living like the rest of us.

If OC doesn't deter crime, then why do policemen wear uniforms? Why paint their cars the way they do? Does being a cop sometimes make them a target for a gunman? Sure. It comes with the territory.

For me, OCing means being willing to take that risk for the benefit of others. I have seen the deterrence factor work personally on more than one occasion. And people tend to be extra polite when I have a visible gun.

This is definitely a topic upon which good men can disagree. As far as I'm concerned, if you're not a criminal, I am happy however you choose to carry. I do think there are times when either one is justified. More often than not, for me, that choice is to OC.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast