10 reasons for open carry - Page 17
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    Guys I don't open carry cause I don't want to be stopped by the cops. thats it the only thing I worry about.
    you see the tape on canton and the news on the wis 5 and the others cops are the wrong doer's I fear.
    I OC all the time here in WA with no problem. I spent about 20 minutes with SWAT BS'ing while at the county fair with my full size 9mm Taurus. I've never had a problem OC'ing in any place to include banks. Matter of fact the last time I OC'd at my bank I held the door for the Loomis Armored Guard guys hauling a few hundred pounds of coins out to the truck.

3. I don't carry at all yet (I'll be 21 in two weeks :)), but I will most likely carry concealed (once I have a permit, again). I live near (not on) a college campus, and people are a bit twitchy about guns around here.

That said, it's legal to OC at age 18 with no permit, but you must be 21 and have a permit to CC around here (Ohio). Of course, you must also be 21 to buy (not possess) a pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by lachesis View Post
    I don't carry at all yet (I'll be 21 in two weeks :)), but I will most likely carry concealed (once I have a permit, again). I live near (not on) a college campus, and people are a bit twitchy about guns around here.

That said, it's legal to OC at age 18 with no permit, but you must be 21 and have a permit to CC around here (Ohio). Of course, you must also be 21 to buy (not possess) a pistol...
    Well, you have to be 21 to buy a pistol from an FFL dealer. For sales between private individuals, 18 is legal.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Well, you have to be 21 to buy a pistol from an FFL dealer. For sales between private individuals, 18 is legal.
    Not in all states, Al. In Ohio it's illegal to transfer a handgun to anyone under 21 years of age. Even father to son gift would be illegal until the son is 21.

However, if an 18 to 20 year old moved or returned to Ohio with a handgun they obtained legally outside Ohio, then they could possess and carry the handgun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Not in all states, Al. In Ohio it's illegal to transfer a handgun to anyone under 21 years of age. Even father to son gift would be illegal until the son is 21.

However, if an 18 to 20 year old moved or returned to Ohio with a handgun they obtained legally outside Ohio, then they could possess and carry the handgun.
    Well, that just plain sucks.
    I owned my first handgun when I was 18. My mother bought it for me. A Ruger Police Service Six .357 magnum. But then, Indiana has usually been much more gun friendly than some of her neighbors.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

open carry

Don't believe in giving others the tactical advantage because I will then be reacting to them rather than them reacting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gmvecchi1 View Post
    Don't believe in giving others the tactical advantage because I will then be reacting to them rather than them reacting to me.
    God, will this dead horse ever die!

My oh my, this thread is like 3rd grade recess on the playground. Do you feel that OC gives you a tactical advantage and deters criminals from attacking? Great, then by all means OC wherever you can. Do you feel more comfortable in stealth mode with CC, thinking that being unobtrusive gives you the advantage? Great, by all means CC wherever you can. Method of carry should not matter. Do what you are most comfortable with and let the other PRO 2ND AMENDMENT person do his/her thing without judgement. Carry a full sized 1911 in your teeth or stash a .357 in your crotch, it's all good.
    MR

Quote Originally Posted by gmvecchi1 View Post
    That's why you wear a CCW Badge, or perhaps in your case a CCW Instructor's Badge, so that everyone has to react to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gmvecchi1:226628
    Who are you planning on attacking?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast