10 reasons for open carry - Page 18
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That's why you wear a CCW Badge, or perhaps in your case a CCW Instructor's Badge, so that everyone has to react to it.
    Why wouldn't a dedicated OCer wear a CCW badge in areas where he/she can't OC?? Doesn't the badge basically do the same thing as the pistol - let other knows that the carrier is armed?? I've seen a lot of OCers (and CCers to be sure) on this site ridicule CCW badge-wearers as wannabe cops and pretenders, but isn't their goal the same as the OCers - to make others around them aware that they're armed??

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It seems quite hypocritical to me for an OCer to criticize somebody for wearing a CCW badge when their goals are clearly the same.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

I believe the badge is representative of their authority, not their firepower. So no, it's not hypocritical in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I believe the badge is representative of their authority, not their firepower. So no, it's not hypocritical in my mind.
    I often have women and small children tell me that my CCW Badge makes me look macho. They assume that I have lots of firepower and am realy "tactical".

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I often have women and small children tell me that my CCW Badge makes me look macho. They assume that I have lots of firepower and am realy "tactical".
    That goes hand in hand with your cut off sleeves.

That goes hand in hand with your cut off sleeves.
    No, but I have been wearing my CCW Mask, because concealed means concealed.

If you conceal carry, and you have ever drawn your weapon but did not fire it, why did the presence of a firearm work? Why didn't the bad guy keep pursuing you? I have read a handful of personal stories of a bad situation brewing, and the CC opening their jacket to expose their weapon, to have the bad guy turn around or walk another direction. So please, explain CC'ers that have had this first hand experience, how deterrence doesn't work?

If you conceal carry, and you have ever drawn your weapon but did not fire it, why did the presence of a firearm work? Why didn't the bad guy keep pursuing you? I have read a handful of personal stories of a bad situation brewing, and the CC opening their jacket to expose their weapon, to have the bad guy turn around or walk another direction. So please, explain CC'ers that have had this first hand experience, how deterrence doesn't work?
    This isnt going to answer your question but it is relevant. Concealed carriers should never reveal their weapon at any time in a threatening manner/ attempting to deter a person. What you are doing by showing somebody your weapon is making the other person believe that you may use it against them. In Colorado, it is illegal to show your gun and make the person think that you may use it on them, which is your reason for showing them in the first place obviously.
    This is also why you are never supposed to draw your firearm unless you plan on using it.

18-3-206. Menacing.

(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:
    (a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon; or
    (b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:227014
    This isnt going to answer your question but it is relevant. Concealed carriers should never reveal their weapon at any time in a threatening manner/ attempting to deter a person. What you are doing by showing somebody your weapon is making the other person believe that you may use it against them. In Colorado, it is illegal to show your gun and make the person think that you may use it on them, which is your reason for showing them in the first place obviously.
    This is also why you are never supposed to draw your firearm unless you plan on using it.

18-3-206. Menacing.

(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:
    (a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon; or
    (b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon.
    Missed the point, but good information. I know the laws of my states brandishing requirement, not sure about everyone else's, but my question was for anyone who had drawn their weapon but did not fire. I'll go gather them all up if no one replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post

18-3-206. Menacing.

Only a complete fool would "open their shirt" to show a firearm. If the situation is that bad, draw it, ready yourself, and announce your intention to defend yourself if the other person continues with their actions/threats. Merely showing your weapon will, at best, get you arrested for brandishing. At worst it'll get you killed.

Oh wait, I forgot........BGs always run from somebody with a gun.

Some people watch too much TV or take movies a little too seriously.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:227047
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post

18-3-206. Menacing.

Only a complete fool would "open their shirt" to show a firearm. If the situation is that bad, draw it, ready yourself, and announce your intention to defend yourself if the other person continues with their actions/threats. Merely showing your weapon will, at best, get you arrested for brandishing. At worst it'll get you killed.

Oh wait, I forgot........BGs always run from somebody with a gun.

Some people watch too much TV or take movies a little too seriously.
    Lil butt hurt b2? I hope big Al's winks were just a joke...

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast