10 reasons for open carry - Page 20
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

1. Awesome

I like how you said that. A+++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by jbmt2005 View Post
    I like how you said that. A+++++++++
    You forgot to quote whoever you were talking about :)

Does the sight of NavyLCDR's gun scare you? Here have a tissue.

5. I agree that there should be open carry, but I would still conceal.
    The only advantage for me is that i wouldnt have to worry that i might imprint or reaching a top shelf and happen to reveal accedentally

6. Why would you want to give up the element of surprise? And wouldn't you be more of a target from law enforcment? Do you really want the trouble thats associated? I guess its a deterrent from being targeted but have never opened carried.

Quote Originally Posted by dman333333:230036
    Why would you want to give up the element of surprise? And wouldn't you be more of a target from law enforcment? Do you really want the trouble thats associated? I guess its a deterrent from being targeted but have never opened carried.
    Who are you going to surprise? Those that would get surprised you are armed (even though just fighting back is the real "surprise") and run away won't even consider us open carriers a target. Those that aren't deterred by open carry won't be surprised you are armed...they don't care if they die.

As pill put it in another thread, bad guys aren't afraid of you unless you are ready to fight. Open carry gets that point across loud and clear. Yes we get hassled more than concealed carriers, but eventually we hope to stop any kind of hassle police give us legally armed citizens, concealed or open.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dman333333 View Post
    Why would you want to give up the element of surprise? And wouldn't you be more of a target from law enforcment? Do you really want the trouble thats associated? I guess its a deterrent from being targeted but have never opened carried.
    The same reason that Rosa didn't give up her seat: Some things are worth fighting for. This is one of them.

9. Quote Originally Posted by dman333333 View Post
    Why would you want to give up the element of surprise?
    Because the deterrent value of the visible firearm is a more effective defense against getting attacked than the "element of surprise" is against defending against an attack once it has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by dman333333 View Post
    And wouldn't you be more of a target from law enforcment?
    Only LEO who is ignorant of the law, or doesn't care if they violate people's rights.

Do you really want the trouble thats associated?
    Yep. Because that is the only way we win, keep and expand the ability to exercise our rights as citizens.

I guess its a deterrent from being targeted but have never opened carried.
    I am glad that you only asked questions, then, and did not express a negative opinion towards something you have never tried.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

10. I carry when I'm hiking or camping in the backwoods, but to me that's just smart.

I think every male over the age of 18, and is head of household; should by law have a firearm and it should be open carry. Place that in effect along with normal laws on who can possess a firearm and talk about a HUGE deterrent from crime. I also feel that there should be classes or training program of some sort that all owners go through before they can purchase. Sort of like a two week basic, intermediate firearm, and self defense with a firearm school. If women want to have this same right then they should also be granted it.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast