10 reasons for open carry - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

The 11th reason to OC is that it lets you spend endless hours reading forum threads that won't die.
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The 11th reason to OC is that it lets you spend endless hours reading forum threads that won't die.
    Sad, but oh so true.

I think I like open carry better than concealed carry. I have done 50/50 since I received my permit. Open carry just feels better than trying to fit a sweater or jacket over my gun.

Studies show that criminals AVOID someone they know is armed. They look for weak, easy targets and a guy like me with a Glock 21 on his side is not an easy target.
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose. - Frederick Douglass

Open Carry or Don't Carry?

Dear Readers,
    I spent the past hour skimming through the previous posts, but didn't see anyone commenting on if OC is better then simply not carrying.

I'm 19, just moved to Colorado Springs, and can't get my concealed permit until i'm 21. I've only been here for a month and have been open carrying my Glock 19 with my brown leather SOB holster whenever I can. I wear a plaid button up shirt and boast of a friendly smile. I make eye contact, use a calm voice and try not to give anyone any reason to think i'm crazy. I'm not crazy, am I? There's a gun strapped to my rear, but that's normal, right? :)

Though, to be honest, I'm scared as anything. Scared someone will say something. Scared people will panic. Scared it will get taken. Scared of getting shot by the police.

I walk into Walmart wondering if I should have just left it in the car. It's more convenient. Maybe people would look at me normal again? Though, I'm driven by the idea that the one day i decide not to carry, I'll wish I had.

"Daddy, he's got a gun!" a little boy says loud enough for me to hear as I enter McDonalds, passing his table, just two days ago. How do I respond? I try to look casual, ordering my food, sweating inside; praying the father at the adjacent table doesn't say anything.

Ideas? I'm asking those of you that think OC'ing is a bad idea or would rather conceal. I'm with you in several respects. Though, if you couldn't CC, would you stop carrying altogether??

Thanks,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by videokrue:270150
    Dear Readers,
    I spent the past hour skimming through the previous posts, but didn't see anyone commenting on if OC is better then simply not carrying.

I'm 19, just moved to Colorado Springs, and can't get my concealed permit until i'm 21. I've only been here for a month and have been open carrying my Glock 19 with my brown leather SOB holster whenever I can. I wear a plaid button up shirt and boast of a friendly smile. I make eye contact, use a calm voice and try not to give anyone any reason to think i'm crazy. I'm not crazy, am I? There's a gun strapped to my rear, but that's normal, right? :)

Though, to be honest, I'm scared as anything. Scared someone will say something. Scared people will panic. Scared it will get taken. Scared of getting shot by the police.

I walk into Walmart wondering if I should have just left it in the car. It's more convenient. Maybe people would look at me normal again? Though, I'm driven by the idea that the one day i decide not to carry, I'll wish I had.

"Daddy, he's got a gun!" a little boy says loud enough for me to hear as I enter McDonalds, passing his table, just two days ago. How do I respond? I try to look casual, ordering my food, sweating inside; praying the father at the adjacent table doesn't say anything.

Ideas? I'm asking those of you that think OC'ing is a bad idea or would rather conceal. I'm with you in several respects. Though, if you couldn't CC, would you stop carrying altogether??

Thanks,

Andy
    My advice for now, get a better holster that positions the firearm at your strong side or further forward, but not behind you.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by videokrue View Post
    Dear Readers,

Thanks,

Andy
    A 19 year old with a gun behind his back is just screaming come beat me up and take my gun from me. Get a nice retention holster and carry it on your strong side, not back. Some people are going to say crap, but that's just how open carrying works unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by videokrue View Post
    Dear Readers,

I'm 19, just moved to Colorado Springs, and can't get my concealed permit until i'm 21. I've only been here for a month and have been open carrying my Glock 19 with my brown leather SOB holster whenever I can.
    First, I'll agree with the others, OC and Small Of Back holsters don't mix well. Your pistol needs to be more accessible for one, and easier for you to stop any attempt at grabbing it for another. SOB is essentially a concealed carry holster.

Now, to answer your first question, I'll simply ask you a question. Which is better, being ready and able to defend yourself, or joining the rest of the sheeple? If my only choices were OC, or going unarmed, OC wins every time.

But that's just my opinion.

Oh, and on the SOB holster, I'm speaking with about 30+ years of carrying both professionally, as a security officer, LEO, and just everyday, licensed Joe Citizen. SOB should only be used for concealed carry.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

My understanding is a SOB holster is a spinal injury waiting to happen. The local PD aren't allowed to carry anything over their spine. I have heard that from other sources as well. There is also the issue of it being difficult to draw your weapon without sweeping your body with the muzzle.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Also, dont be so naive as to post a picture of yourself, your name, the city you live in, and the gun you are carrying for everyone on the internet to read!

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast