10 reasons for open carry - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

I was at a grocery store today, and a gentleman a little older than me asked what departmant I was with. I said no department just an average citizen, to this he thanked me and said he wished more honest civillians would OC. We spoke for a few minutes about OC in WA etc., he shook my hand and we went on our way. I carry OC/CC depending on the weather, size of gun, and what I'm wearing. I prefer OC since it more comfortable for me. I've never in two years of OC'ing had a negative reaction, just some curious questions.

Thanks for the info

As of today, I switched back to my paddle holster. It has a thumb release that generally makes me feel more secure in not having it taken. My only concern is that the visibility of the firearm is greatly increased for anyone I'm trying to hold a conversation with. Cashiers get nervous before I even have the chance to pay.

I wasn't aware of SOB being a problem when it comes to spinal injures. In falling on the gun, I suppose it makes sense.

Deserteagle, If you can identify me from my 80px image, i'd be impressed. Though, you're right, a google search of my username brings up my Facebook, Youtube, and old website with my Iowa address. Probably should fix that, eh? :)

Quote Originally Posted by videokrue View Post
    As of today, I switched back to my paddle holster. It has a thumb release that generally makes me feel more secure in not having it taken. My only concern is that the visibility of the firearm is greatly increased for anyone I'm trying to hold a conversation with. Cashiers get nervous before I even have the chance to pay.

I wasn't aware of SOB being a problem when it comes to spinal injures. In falling on the gun, I suppose it makes sense.

Deserteagle, If you can identify me from my 80px image, i'd be impressed. Though, you're right, a google search of my username brings up my Facebook, Youtube, and old website with my Iowa address. Probably should fix that, eh? :)
    The biggest problem with SOB, it's really more for concealed carry. For OC, it's a bad choice. You don't usually get to see the people who see your weapon. So you can't gauge their reaction. At least with it on your side, you'll see most people who will see it, and you'll pretty much know how they feel about it.

My general experience however, has been that most people in a shopping environment, don't notice.

As for the rest, I like posting older pictures of my self.

10 reasons for open carry-me1.jpg
    (click on it to see larger.)
    That picture is about 25 years, and 80 lbs. lighter.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

5. Quote Originally Posted by TKA View Post
    I have noticed that the local police dept. in some postings have been somewhat quick to detain people who are oc. I have carried my gun with me numerous times for defense, I may have been carrying a tidy sum of money, or traveling etc...I just would like some imput on your reasons to carry, there are the obvious, it's our right to own ,and protect ourselves. But , would you mind weighing in on some reasons you op.Thanks I am new here, but have been looking at some of the posts and enjoying them and the forum.
    I open carry for a few very simple reasons.

1. It's more convenient to draw.
    2. It's moe comfortable.
    3. The holsters are cheaper.
    4. It's a deterrent.
    5. Chicks dig it.

If you open carry to "be an advocate" or to "educate the masses" or for some other dumb reason like that, stop it. A weapon isn't a political tool, unless you're fighting a war, which is just politics by extreme means. It's not a symbol for anything, or a sign of protest. It's a tool design to kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    I open carry for a few very simple reasons.

1. It's more convenient to draw.
    2. It's moe comfortable.
    3. The holsters are cheaper.
    4. It's a deterrent.
    5. Chicks dig it.

If you open carry to "be an advocate" or to "educate the masses" or for some other dumb reason like that, stop it. A weapon isn't a political tool, unless you're fighting a war, which is just politics by extreme means. It's not a symbol for anything, or a sign of protest. It's a tool design to kill people.
    You, just like everyone else, is entitled to your opinion... Please allow me to offer mine.

Open carry as a political statement is not a "dumb reason" because we are at war fighting to regain the right to bear arms.

Many folks do not realize that the right to bear arms has slowly become illegal to exercise. That is correct... the right to bear arms has been infringed in many ways. If the right to bear arms were not "infringed" then anyone could carry a gun in any manner where ever they wished (excluding private property sometimes) without being arrested. But now there are laws that govern who can and who cannot own a gun, where a gun can be possessed, and in most States the permission to conceal an arm called a "permit" must be had to carry a gun concealed without being arrested. All those things are violations of "shall not be infringed" because all of those things are the government controlling the right to bear arms.

Please consider... the 2nd Amendment was never about hunting, target shooting... or even self defense. The original intent was for "we the people" to always have guns in order to defend our freedom from "them the government" if it ever was necessary. And open carry, at least in my opinion, IS a peaceful way to defend the right to bear arms from an ever increasingly controlling government because it exposes the public to the truth... they have a RIGHT to bear arms.

And open carry exposes the degree of control.. the scope of "infringement".. the government now exerts over the right to bear arms just by making ordinary folks curious about it. When folks are curious about something they start asking questions and looking for answers. Questioning the government and it's motives is a very good thing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    You, just like everyone else, is entitled to your opinion... Please allow me to offer mine.

Open carry as a political statement is not a "dumb reason" because we are at war fighting to regain the right to bear arms.

Many folks do not realize that the right to bear arms has slowly become illegal to exercise. That is correct... the right to bear arms has been infringed in many ways. If the right to bear arms were not "infringed" then anyone could carry a gun in any manner where ever they wished (excluding private property sometimes) without being arrested. But now there are laws that govern who can and who cannot own a gun, where a gun can be possessed, and in most States the permission to conceal an arm called a "permit" must be had to carry a gun concealed without being arrested. All those things are violations of "shall not be infringed" because all of those things are the government controlling the right to bear arms.

Please consider... the 2nd Amendment was never about hunting, target shooting... or even self defense. The original intent was for "we the people" to always have guns in order to defend our freedom from "them the government" if it ever was necessary. And open carry, at least in my opinion, IS a peaceful way to defend the right to bear arms from an ever increasingly controlling government because it exposes the public to the truth... they have a RIGHT to bear arms.

And open carry exposes the degree of control.. the scope of "infringement".. the government now exerts over the right to bear arms just by making ordinary folks curious about it. When folks are curious about something they start asking questions and looking for answers. Questioning the government and it's motives is a very good thing.
    Well stated, and point taken.

Die thread DIE.....

9. 10 reasons for open carry

I don't think OC would be a bad thing if you are working behind the counter of any shop or convenience store. But on the street, is another whold ball game. I will stick to being incognito.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee82050 View Post
    I don't think OC would be a bad thing if you are working behind the counter of any shop or convenience store. But on the street, is another whold ball game. I will stick to being incognito.
    You are basically using the counter as your concealment but gaining the advantages of drawing speed when open carrying...that's fine and all, but that doesn't do much in preventing the crime from beginning which is the biggest advantage of open carrying.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Again, I thank you for support our 2nd amendment and choosing to take your own protection into your own hands...I welcome you open carrying or not!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223