10 reasons for open carry - Page 7
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 230

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

  1. #61
    Does a bad guy know how much training a person who is OC has. Some places is better to cc but I believe it depends on where you are. I OC all the time probably 85% cc the other. In Idaho where I live is big for drugs. I've never had issues with OC at all.

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    This is the first time you have agreed that your view on criminals is not common. Please, it's time you find anything on a criminal who thought that a gun will be a bonus to whatever else they could get off you. You still have not provided anything, nothing, squat, zip, zero. Your imagination is not an example.
    As we've said before, there are no stats kept on such things. Going by your logic it would seem that wearing a red shirt would be proof against getting robbed because I can search and search and search but I doubt if I'll find any instance of somebody getting robbed while wearing a red shirt. I know that such a premise is ridiculous (because no such stats are kept) but by your logic, since I can't produce a documented instance of somebody wearing a red shirt getting robbed, it must never happen.

    I gotta start wearing more red shirts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Seeing as you finally agreed most criminals are not the kind that you view...it would be common sense that deterrence works better than concealment against the common criminal.
    I've always maintained that OCing will deter much crime, but the problem occurs when it doesn't deter the criminal. If that's the case, the BG now knows you're armed and to think that he/they won't take appropriate actions as a result is just silly and naive....not to mention dangerous. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I believe that happens more often than you think. That's my common sense kicking in and by the responses from various posters on this thread I seem to be in the majority.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Even if you CC, if you're the target of an armed robber, he still has the drop on you. What good will your gun do you then?
    If he doesn't know I have one then it's a lot more effective than yours after you've been pistol-whipped and disarmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    The most significant one I can think of is "The Armed Criminal in America," by Dr. Paul H. Blackman.

    The conclusions reached are that fear of the armed citizen and the threat of tough punishment for using a gun or other weapons while committing a violent crime are significant factors in both reducing and deterring crime. While not addressing open carry specifically, it's easy to postulate that if the criminal sees various targets, some of which are armed, and some that are apparently not, they will go after the "apparently" softer targets every time.

    I've already mentioned one documented instance. There's another instance in Concealed Carry Magazine. In that story, the potential object of criminal attack was carrying concealed. He noticed he and his wife were being followed, and determined that they would potentially become the object of a criminal attack. Without going into great detail, he managed to let the potential attacker see that he was armed. The man following them suddenly realized he had a prior engagement, and went the other way.

    I can tell you from my own experience, back when I first started working as a security guard, I had an instance where 2 rowdy drunks were bothering people in the bowling alley I worked at. I politely asked them to leave before I was forced to call the police. Per the manager's instructions, I followed them out, to make sure they left.

    Of course, being drunk, and 2 of them to one of me, they were more stupid than brave. And of course, kept mouthing off. Their one comment that got my attention was "We should just beat the crap out of the rent a cop, he doesn't have a gun." Of course, this comment also told me they were blind as well as drunk. I was carrying a .357 magnum revolver at the time.

    Just before they left, I complimented them on their decision to not attack me, as I would have hated all the paperwork involved if I'd had to shoot them. They both turned a little pale when they realized their mistake.

    My other point being, not everyone notices the openly carried firearm. Even when you wear a uniform commonly associated with the carrying of firearms.
    So in other words you are giving your own interpretation Mr. Blackman's POV, right? You can't give me any stats....anything from the FBI or the CDC that deals with gun-related crimes and such. Am I correct in that?? You said "studies" yet all you produce is a single treatise that, by your own admission, doesn't even address OC. Not exactly what I was looking for and not exactly something to base your OC claims on.

    I'll keep CCing in any case. That way I'll always have the option because the BGs will never know I'm carrying until they're on the receiving end of my pistol.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    In this thread you have tallied up: Ed, Fuhr, Pataz, dark, selby, and I'll even let you get tucker's mom even though she didn't say anything but what makes her comfortable (the only real argument), and +1 for the former CIA agent from your link. (6+1 people)

    I have tallied up: Curm, FTG, TKA, Axe, Ringo, Geezer, Navy, Big Al, G50, Nightmare, kloutier, mississippi, +15 commentors below the article of your link. (12+15 people)

    EDIT: You are not in the majority. (I erased my insults directly towards B2Tall, as they are not warranted in a forum)

    You don't produce any evidence that oc are targeted first or are targeted for bonus points. You make excuses because you cant find evidence. Then go off on how you believe since there is no evidence red shirts stop crimes, you should start wearing red shirts. This compared to the evidence OC DOES deter crimes. Then you don't recognize who really is in the majority.

    If the problem is when OC doesn't deter a criminal, how will CC help you? If OC get shot first in this problem you have stated, do you believe a CC will be able to "surprise" draw on a person who all ready has the jump? The criminal who isn't deterred by open carry is as much of a threat to a CC. The criminal who IS deterred by OC is still a threat to CC.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    In this thread you have tallied up: Ed, Fuhr, Pataz, dark, selby, and I'll even let you get tucker's mom even though she didn't say anything but what makes her comfortable (the only real argument), and +1 for the former CIA agent from your link. (6+1 people)

    I have tallied up: Curm, FTG, TKA, Axe, Ringo, Geezer, Navy, Big Al, G50, Nightmare, kloutier, mississippi, +15 commentors below the article of your link. (12+15 people)
    Check again. I said this thread. Of the posters who've expressed a preference, 10 preferred CC and 6 preferred OC. Several expressed no preference. I can't believe I'm actually responding to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You don't produce any evidence that oc are targeted first or are targeted for bonus points. You make excuses because you cant find evidence. Then go off on how you believe since there is no evidence red shirts stop crimes, you should start wearing red shirts. This compared to the evidence OC DOES deter crimes. Then you don't recognize who really is in the majority.
    How many time do I have to say that I believe OC does deter crime before you stop putting words in my mouth?? What is exceptionally childish on your part is your insistence that, by carrying a gun openly, you will NEVER be robbed and you will NEVER be singled out for special attention by a BG. Good Lord, I think I'm losing brain cells just be responding to these insipid remarks. There's really no point in arguing with someone who obviously considers themselves omnipotent on the subject (and several other subjects as well).
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  7. #66
    B2Tall you claim to have all the answers but you give no fact. I think your scared to OC because your uncomfortable in your ability to handle your weapon. For you not being able to produce pertinent fact you seem to have all the answers for everyone.

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by mississippi21 View Post
    B2Tall you claim to have all the answers but you give no fact. I think your scared to OC because your uncomfortable in your ability to handle your weapon. For you not being able to produce pertinent fact you seem to have all the answers for everyone.
    Strange....those who refute my POV can't seem to produce a single "fact" to support their argument either. Mine has always been a matter of opinion based on what life has taught me as well as common sense. I've never claimed it to be otherwise. As for your analyzation of me, I consider that as valuable and valid as what gets flushed down the toilet on a regular basis.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  9. #68
    You sound like my eight year old I don't if you OC its your choice but you say were stupid for wanting to OC. Why do you care so much abt my decision it doesn't affect you. You go after someone who is OC. You have a 50/50 chance of coming out alive. Your and idiot if ya chance it.

  10. #69
    The difference to is you live in a big city I don't I know everyone so I feel no need have to conceal. But I live on an interstate where a lot of drugs come through. But even though its a small town a lot happens.

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by mississippi21 View Post
    You sound like my eight year old I don't if you OC its your choice but you say were stupid for wanting to OC. Why do you care so much abt my decision it doesn't affect you. You go after someone who is OC. You have a 50/50 chance of coming out alive. Your and idiot if ya chance it.
    You write like your 8 yr old. And I've never called anyone "stupid" or anything else for OCing. I support legal OC and have made my feeling known to my state and federal lawmakers. It's not for me and I've made my reasons clear. It's a handful of hyper-sensitive OCers that are offended by anyone with a differing view.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast