10 reasons for open carry - Page 8
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 230

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

  1. #71
    Im fine if you don't want to OC. I have nothing against CC. It's personal choice. Why fight abt it be glad that there exercising their right to carry. That's all that matters I'm not trying to be mean not my intention. If you want people to respect your opinion they should do likewise . When ya argue nobody wins.

  2.   
  3. #72
    Open carry is fine, concealed carry is fine. I don't care which one you choose to do and if you don't know which one you should do, then simply don't carry a gun at all. Carrying a gun means you need to be mature enough to understand possible consequences of doing so without having to ask others what those consequences may be.

  4. #73
    Well said desert eagle.

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I guess it is you, Big Gay Al and NavyLCDR's collective turn to argue against the OC myths that B2Tall likes to spout.
    Pretty much sums up everything that is going on in here.

    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Strange....those who refute my POV can't seem to produce a single "fact" to support their argument either. Mine has always been a matter of opinion based on what life has taught me as well as common sense. I've never claimed it to be otherwise. As for your analyzation of me, I consider that as valuable and valid as what gets flushed down the toilet on a regular basis.
    Please, summarize your POV in a clean coherent sentence or two. Because us "hyper-sensitive" OCers aren't offended by different views, just views based off of myth being spouted as everyday common sense truth. I am not the first to argue with you over this, I won't be the last either.

    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall
    Check again. I said this thread. Of the posters who've expressed a preference, 10 preferred CC and 6 preferred OC. Several expressed no preference. I can't believe I'm actually responding to this.
    Counted again, in THIS thread again. If you aren't considering people who liked posts as expressing their preference, then we will go only on posts. In that case, ALL CC depending on the situation, of those, 6 people CC based on being more mentally comfortable (the only reason to carry one way or the other), 5 CC/don't OC based on myths. 6 OC based on reality. Those that liked posts, but did not post, of OC vs CC are 5 (6 if you count G50AE) to 1.

    You don't seem to put much effort into researching and coming up with half decent arguments. You just imagine your POV to be common sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    How many time do I have to say that I believe OC does deter crime before you stop putting words in my mouth?? What is exceptionally childish on your part is your insistence that, by carrying a gun openly, you will NEVER be robbed and you will NEVER be singled out for special attention by a BG. Good Lord, I think I'm losing brain cells just be responding to these insipid remarks. There's really no point in arguing with someone who obviously considers themselves omnipotent on the subject (and several other subjects as well).
    "

    You did say open carry deters crime. Yes you did. Then you went off again on how the problem is about the 1% of criminals who aren't deterred, and completely ignore the 2nd half of my post asking how a CC would have an advantage against said criminal. I have not put any words in your mouth, all the nonsense comes straight from you. I just point out the lack of effort on your behalf, to find suitable evidence. You seem to think these kinds of determined robberies happen everyday, so there should be thousands of articles about said robberies. I have also never said I will never be targeted. I did state, nothing is guaranteed, but statistically I have a lower chance of being a victim if I do not look like a victim.

    What other topics besides the myth of open carry and the myth on pitbulls have I had the displeasure of having you involved?

    You can belittle me all you want. You are an anonymous older gentleman insulting someone you don't know, good job. I would be the happiest if you joined us against the OC myths. But since that won't happen, I'll be content if you just stop spouting the same myths across the OC boards. It's amazing...you can love guns, motorcycles, music, food, dogs...all of which I enjoy personally as well...yet when it comes down to a couple specific opinions the demons begin to show their faces.

  6. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    So in other words you are giving your own interpretation Mr. Blackman's POV, right? You can't give me any stats....anything from the FBI or the CDC that deals with gun-related crimes and such. Am I correct in that?? You said "studies" yet all you produce is a single treatise that, by your own admission, doesn't even address OC. Not exactly what I was looking for and not exactly something to base your OC claims on.

    I'll keep CCing in any case. That way I'll always have the option because the BGs will never know I'm carrying until they're on the receiving end of my pistol.
    The study in particular doesn't have to address OC, as long as it addresses the criminal behavior regarding armed citizens.

    But there is at least one fact that can't be denied. The presence of two OCers in a restaurant in Georgia caused a group of well armed, would be robbers to wait for the OCers to leave before attempting a robbery. And they waited long enough for police to get interested, and stop the crime before it happened.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Strange....those who refute my POV can't seem to produce a single "fact" to support their argument either. Mine has always been a matter of opinion based on what life has taught me as well as common sense.
    There is no common sense to your argument. We've provided facts over and over again, you simply ignore them and dismiss them because they don't fit into your prejudice against open carry.

    Armed and Considered Dangerous: A survey of felons and their firearms by Peter H. Rossi and James Wright. Fifty-six percent of the prisoners said that a criminal would not attack a potential victim who was known to be armed. Seventy-four percent agreed with the statement that "One reason burglars avoid houses where people are at home is that they fear being shot during the crime." Thirty-nine percent of the felons had personally decided not to commit a crime because they thought the victim might have a gun, and eight percent said the experience had occurred "many times."

    The Armed Criminal in America: A Survey of Incarcerated Felons, U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics Federal Firearms Offenders study, 1997: National Institute of Justice, Research Report, July 1985, Department of Justice. 74% of felons agreed that, "one reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot during the crime." 57% of felons polled agreed, "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."

    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! The fact is felons are afraid of citizens with guns, because they are afraid of getting shot and there is no need to attack them due to the vast majority of the public who do not appear to be carrying a gun!

    Examples:
    Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

    Captain Jerry Quan, the Commander for Precinct One, where the Wafflehouse is located, confirmed Matt Brannan's story as one in which the open display of a pistol deterred a well armed robbery crew.

    Gun Owner Saves Lives In The Richmond VA Golden Market Shooting

    Open carry was an advantage in this case because in the video I saw just how fast the GO managed to draw his gun and begin to return fire. You always hear about how open carry is so bad tactically – you’ll be the first one shot, etc. Oh, yeah? The GO had a HUGE gun in plain sight and he was NOT shot. Who got shot first? An unarmed store owner.

    Open carry won't deter every crime. But if it deters just one against me and my family, then that is enough. There is no evidence to suggest that open carry lessens my ability to defend myself against a criminal attack should one occur. Yet in the next thread where you post your prejudice against open carry, you're going to claim, again, that we don't present any facts.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #77
    That's the way to tell him. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    There is no common sense to your argument. We've provided facts over and over again, you simply ignore them and dismiss them because they don't fit into your prejudice against open carry.
    (snipped the rest, as repeating is not necessary.)
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  9. #78
    You go NavyLCDR.

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    The study in particular doesn't have to address OC, as long as it addresses the criminal behavior regarding armed citizens.

    But there is at least one fact that can't be denied. The presence of two OCers in a restaurant in Georgia caused a group of well armed, would be robbers to wait for the OCers to leave before attempting a robbery. And they waited long enough for police to get interested, and stop the crime before it happened.
    And that means the presence of an OCer will always stop a crime?? Here's something for you to pooh-pooh and dismiss out of hand. Apparently OCing didn't work too well for this guy:

    Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4

    The funny thing is that even the pro-OC guy admits there are BGs that aren't intimidated by guns and that CCing may be a better option in some cases. I guess his head is full of lies and myths too. Hell, the whole article could be a complete fabrication by us CCers....
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    And that means the presence of an OCer will always stop a crime?? Here's something for you to pooh-pooh and dismiss out of hand. Apparently OCing didn't work too well for this guy:

    Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4

    The funny thing is that even the pro-OC guy admits there are BGs that aren't intimidated by guns and that CCing may be a better option in some cases. I guess his head is full of lies and myths too. Hell, the whole article could be a complete fabrication by us CCers....
    I don't see where any of us have said OC deters ALL crime. Just the MAJORITY of crime, according to studies. And, do you really think, in the instance in Wisconsin that you point to, that the "element of surprise" is a wise move to make when the victim had a gun already aimed at him? Would CC have made any difference? Maybe the victim could have shot the criminal in the back as he fled the scene, is that what you are hoping for with your "element of surprise"? I am not interested in engaging in a quick draw wild west shootout on the street nor shooting a fleeing criminal in the back.

    Since OC makes people targets, and since CC is illegal in Wisconsin, than I guess Wisconsin residents should only rely on their cell phones, eh?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast