10 reasons for open carry - Page 9
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons for open carry

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:222788
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    The study in particular doesn't have to address OC, as long as it addresses the criminal behavior regarding armed citizens.

But there is at least one fact that can't be denied. The presence of two OCers in a restaurant in Georgia caused a group of well armed, would be robbers to wait for the OCers to leave before attempting a robbery. And they waited long enough for police to get interested, and stop the crime before it happened.
    And that means the presence of an OCer will always stop a crime?? Here's something for you to pooh-pooh and dismiss out of hand. Apparently OCing didn't work too well for this guy:

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4

The funny thing is that even the pro-OC guy admits there are BGs that aren't intimidated by guns and that CCing may be a better option in some cases. I guess his head is full of lies and myths too. Hell, the whole article could be a complete fabrication by us CCers....
    Story has got to be fake. All your common sense stories have the OC killed or unconscious immediately because the bad guy was suppose to take appropriate actions. The OC is alive and awake, no way, that is "pooh-pooh"!!!! I'll ask this again, the same question against a lot of your scenarios, how would cc have changed this? The news said he may of been target for OC, but since the bad guy wasn't caught, we won't know, what if he was just unlucky? the article also points out hundreds of thousands open carry, this has never happened before, its unusual. Unique. Uncommon. One other thing I noted, he was previously attacked at knife point, he has the characteristics of a victim. OC or cc won't help this guy if he looks like a good victim. There is a good chance he will be targeted again if he doesn't change his presentation and awareness.

I OC in WA all the time, banks, restaurants, grocery stores ect. I've never had an issue, I even spent about 20 mins shooting the breeze with a couple of SWAT officers at the county fair. The only time I CC is if I'm going to be outside for a long time in bad weather. I dress for the weather, not the gun. For the most part police don't prevent crime, they respond to it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    For the most part police don't prevent crime, they respond to it.
    And the same is true of concealed carry... it doesn't prevent crime, it allows a person to respond to it. I've got nothing against concealed carry, just stating a fact. Also in response to the Wisconsin armed robbery incident - armed robbery is pretty common in that area. There is no indication that the incident posted was any different than any of the other armed robberies in that area.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    And that means the presence of an OCer will always stop a crime?? Here's something for you to pooh-pooh and dismiss out of hand. Apparently OCing didn't work too well for this guy:

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4

The funny thing is that even the pro-OC guy admits there are BGs that aren't intimidated by guns and that CCing may be a better option in some cases. I guess his head is full of lies and myths too. Hell, the whole article could be a complete fabrication by us CCers....
    I've seen that story, back when it first came out. Frankly, I have serious doubts as to the honesty of it. At the time, many Wisconsinites (Cheese heads to those of us who live/lived in Chicago. ) were fighting for the right to conceal carry. They had been denied this right by the dem governor on the grounds that they could OC. I, and more than a few others thought/think this was a put up job, to show the "inherent dangers" in OC. And, other than the victim's claim, there's not all that much to back it up. Perhaps if the bad guy(s) had been caught, there might be less skepticism about the claim.

And it's sad to say, but there's a member of this forum, who made a similar claim, yet no one has been able to even find a corresponding story in any newspaper. So far as I know.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Because if we don't the people or sheeple will not know that it is a legal activity with no laws stating otherwise.

I've seen that story, back when it first came out. Frankly, I have serious doubts as to the honesty of it.......
    Somehow I figured you would. And I'm sure Mr. Clark (he of the pro-carry group) was wildly misquoted as well when he said that OCing isn't always the best option and that there are thugs out there who aren't intimidated by OCers.

Tell ya what, Al. You OC and I'll CC. That way if we're ever in a situation where your OC has failed to deter the BGs and they're preoccupied with you and your iron, I'll seize on their fatal moment of inattention towards me (seemingly unarmed Joe ordinary) and get down to business. Afterwards we'll both stand as shining examples of armed citizens and bask in the glory of our pro-carry, BG-squashing moment!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Tell ya what, Al. You OC and I'll CC. That way if we're ever in a situation where your OC has failed to deter the BGs and they're preoccupied with you and your iron, I'll seize on their fatal moment of inattention towards me (seemingly unarmed Joe ordinary) and get down to business. Afterwards we'll both stand as shining examples of armed citizens and bask in the glory of our pro-carry, BG-squashing moment!
    I've been OCing, almost exclusively for the last 3+ years. Never had any incidents, never ran into any cops who think "they know better then me," and except for one greeter at Meijer's, I've never been questioned by anyone doubting that what I do is legal. Plenty of questions from supporters.

In my experience, about 99% of the general population doesn't even notice my pistol. Given I tend to pack full size semi-auto pistols, that's hard to figure. But there it is.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall:223161
    I've seen that story, back when it first came out. Frankly, I have serious doubts as to the honesty of it.......
    Somehow I figured you would. And I'm sure Mr. Clark (he of the pro-carry group) was wildly misquoted as well when he said that OCing isn't always the best option and that there are thugs out there who aren't intimidated by OCers.

The day a bad guy decides i'm not worth the fight because its too risky, goes down the road, and ruins your life, I will not bask in anything. I'll read the news later and be grateful I was not a victim

10. Open Carry? Why?

most of the time i am environments where no one could take me by surprise. in these environments i often open carry. i do it because i believe if we do not exercise a right we loose it.
    all i have ever encounterd from o c in the way of attention has been positive. most good decent folks do not know they even have the right and they likely would never know it unless someone teaches them about it. when i am not in complete control of my circumstances i conceal, but if we fail to educate our brethern on God given rights protected constitutionally then we welcome them to vote ignorantly. i feel a conviction to do all i can for the freedoms our warriors paid for in blood. again, any tactical complication and i immediately revert to concealment and prepare to leave the area if i feel my safety is compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Well, tell you what tough guy.... next time you feel so inclined that you want to steal something from someone open carrying a firearm, let me know.... I will give you the location I will be at and make sure I have plenty of money on me....
    You guys go at it and I'll call the Waaaambulance.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast