Poll - OC or CC - Page 11

View Poll Results: If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • OC all the time.

6 4.92%
  • OC most of the time but CC on occasion.

18 14.75%
  • CC all the time.

44 36.07%
  • CC most of the time but OC on occasion

54 44.26%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - OC or CC

Quote Originally Posted by fullasn:226031
    I would enjoy having the option since I live in the suburbs and near the metro area. But prefer to go CC most of the time. No need to go looking for trouble. I can see it reasonable to go OC if I was hiking, camping, or hunting to be ready for life threatening animals and the crazy man. :-P
    Do you believe OC people are out looking for trouble ?

3. Quote Originally Posted by fullasn View Post
    I can see it reasonable to go OC if I was hiking, camping, or hunting to be ready for life threatening animals and the crazy man. :-P
    You have much more chance dying on a city street from threatening animals (criminals) and the crazy man than you do hiking, camping or hunting.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    No, not necessarily. But I just want to clarify that it just paints a big fat target on you. No attention, is good attention. My belief in carrying is not to look cool but to have an insurance policy which I pray to God that I do not ever have to use.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You have much more chance dying on a city street from threatening animals (criminals) and the crazy man than you do hiking, camping or hunting.
    I agree with you fully but why OC and give them the opportunity to kill you or mortally wound you just to take your gun and shot to kill or mortally wound 10 others in the process? If they were crazy enough, they are going to get your gun and most likely, you did not know it was coming. I know this sounds extreme but why risk it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by fullasn:226218
    No, not necessarily. But I just want to clarify that it just paints a big fat target on you. No attention, is good attention. My belief in carrying is not to look cool but to have an insurance policy which I pray to God that I do not ever have to use.
    Please provide one example in reality that it paints a big fat target on them? I don't think the majority of the people on this forum carry to look cool, including the open carriers. Good attention is good attention. No attention is fine until people forget what is their rights, fine until guns are thought of as evil, fine until we can no longer carry in any form. I guess no attention is bad attention then.

Quote Originally Posted by fullasn:226221
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I agree with you fully but why OC and give them the opportunity to kill you or mortally wound you just to take your gun and shot to kill or mortally wound 10 others in the process? If they were crazy enough, they are going to get your gun and most likely, you did not know it was coming. I know this sounds extreme but why risk it in the first place?
    It is extreme, so extreme actually, its unrealistic. Why would they risk killing themselves over a gun they could purchase for a few hundred dollars illegally elsewhere? Why would you want to hide your means of defense under a piece of clothing that will only get in the way when this crazy person goes straight for cold blooded murder? Will you have enough time to draw before he immediately kills you?

Btw, i'm not biting at your neck like some other posters believe because they can't back up their decisions, these are question we ask all those that feel the way you do. And to this day, they still have not been able to give any hard evidence.

Please provide one example in reality that it paints a big fat target on them? I don't think the majority of the people on this forum carry to look cool, including the open carriers. Good attention is good attention. No attention is fine until people forget what is their rights, fine until guns are thought of as evil, fine until we can no longer carry in any form. I guess no attention is bad attention then.
    To answer your question, as a few people already have on this tread. I am going to just cite the Store Clerk encounter where the store was robbed in the past and where people were killed in that incident. On that particular person's day of grocery shopping. A LEO was called. Everyone by you notice that the LEO wanted to talk to you and of course they knew why. You were carrying a gun. Now you're the big fat target. Was that satisfactory?

I will admit though, I personally have not dealt with it. Take it how it is, you're not going to change my mind. I am just not interested in dealing with the ill informed, being hassled by an LEO just to check if my permit is up to date, dealing with the debate on who is right and who is wrong during my day to day life, etc... That is why we have this forum

I am not going to bite your neck off because you chose to OC to deter criminals or to make a statement. That is your preference. If you're just interested pushing your agenda, I wish you good luck. You're fighting a battle vs. the mainstream media. Where in the movies, guns are used as an enforcer, to kill, to create intimidation, to look "cool", my gun is bigger than yours mentality, etc... That is what guns are by design. And in the news, you do not often hear praise for Firefigtherchen OCing, what a good guy. But more often you hear about murders by a guns, school shootings, someone reporting a gun on school grounds, so on and so on.

Don't let that deter you but MY believe as an individual, it is hard to make a difference, but as a team or "mob", people notice. I'm up for some OC BBQs!

It is extreme, so extreme actually, its unrealistic. Why would they risk killing themselves over a gun they could purchase for a few hundred dollars illegally elsewhere? Why would you want to hide your means of defense under a piece of clothing that will only get in the way when this crazy person goes straight for cold blooded murder? Will you have enough time to draw before he immediately kills you?

Btw, i'm not biting at your neck like some other posters believe because they can't back up their decisions, these are question we ask all those that feel the way you do. And to this day, they still have not been able to give any hard evidence.

If anyone wanted your gun bad enough, they will take it from you and you would not know what was coming. No need to spend a few hundred dollars when they could take it away from you for free. So why advertise it in the first place? It is not worth MY risk.

To answer your next question, if a crazy person is going to immediately kill me, I would say no because of the element of surprise. Now, I am going to ask you the same question, will you have enough time to draw while OCing when someone is going immediately kill you?

Nothing is faster than having the gun already in your hand. But of course, have a good time defending yourself in court. Even if you believe you were right, your peers (jury) might not think so.

If you are only interested in hard evidence, you're asking the wrong person. My belief is that you do not need hard evidence to think rationally.

If you want to talk rationally, I'm up for it. Maybe we can throw some beers back while we're at it. But if you're just looking for hard evidence to make a point, it was nice talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by fullasn View Post
    To answer your question, as a few people already have on this tread. I am going to just cite the Store Clerk encounter where the store was robbed in the past and where people were killed in that incident. On that particular person's day of grocery shopping. A LEO was called. Everyone by you notice that the LEO wanted to talk to you and of course they knew why. You were carrying a gun. Now you're the big fat target. Was that satisfactory?

I will admit though, I personally have not dealt with it. Take it how it is, you're not going to change my mind. I am just not interested in dealing with the ill informed, being hassled by an LEO just to check if my permit is up to date, dealing with the debate on who is right and who is wrong during my day to day life, etc... That is why we have this forum

I am not going to bite your neck off because you chose to OC to deter criminals or to make a statement. That is your preference. If you're just interested pushing your agenda, I wish you good luck. You're fighting a battle vs. the mainstream media. Where in the movies, guns are used as an enforcer, to kill, to create intimidation, to look "cool", my gun is bigger than yours mentality, etc... That is what guns are by design. And in the news, you do not often hear praise for Firefigtherchen OCing, what a good guy. But more often you hear about murders by a guns, school shootings, someone reporting a gun on school grounds, so on and so on.

Don't let that deter you but MY believe as an individual, it is hard to make a difference, but as a team or "mob", people notice. I'm up for some OC BBQs!

If anyone wanted your gun bad enough, they will take it from you and you would not know what was coming. No need to spend a few hundred dollars when they could take it away from you for free. So why advertise it in the first place? It is not worth MY risk.

To answer your next question, if a crazy person is going to immediately kill me, I would say no because of the element of surprise. Now, I am going to ask you the same question, will you have enough time to draw while OCing when someone is going immediately kill you?

Nothing is faster than having the gun already in your hand. But of course, have a good time defending yourself in court. Even if you believe you were right, your peers (jury) might not think so.

If you are only interested in hard evidence, you're asking the wrong person. My belief is that you do not need hard evidence to think rationally.

If you want to talk rationally, I'm up for it. Maybe we can throw some beers back while we're at it. But if you're just looking for hard evidence to make a point, it was nice talking to you.
    That's because there is NONE!!! Everything I see and read as far as guns in the news and citizens has to do with PERMIT HOLDERS!!! AD(from playing with their CONCEALED FIREARM, so in my mind that makes it a ND over a AD)Dropping their firearms,leaving them behind in the restroom etc... I can only think of one time that a person who was OCing was attacked. Had he been awarer of his surroundings he would have seen the crazy man approaching him and would have been able to react before he was attacked.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Just because you gave up doesn't mean I should :-)
    Everyone has their own level of "bashing one's own head into a wall" discovery. I just go with the flow and have LONG decided that I am NOT going to be the one to make the world change to my beliefs, or even to try to "explain" common knowledge to the brain dead.

Like I said.... waste of time. I don't have much left to waste.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

It occurs to me that "lack of proof" of OC'ers being "targeted first" is because there exist so few OC'ers.

NC has been an OC state for a long time and I have lived in a semirural area for 12 years plus now and have YET to see an OC, except for those rare times I happen to see someone out hunting, and then only when I am WELL out into the boonies.

So, fess up, OC'ers..... Just how often do you see other OC'ers in your day to day activities? (With the exception of "organized OC" events.)

GG

Expected answers:

1) I see them all the time. (Though that defies MY experience. .... and I am WELL traveled in the US.)

2) We need to get MORE of them in the game! (Part of the "plea" effort of the OC minded souls as it is.)

GG

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast