Poll - OC or CC - Page 2

View Poll Results: If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • OC all the time.

6 4.92%
  • OC most of the time but CC on occasion.

18 14.75%
  • CC all the time.

44 36.07%
  • CC most of the time but OC on occasion

54 44.26%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - OC or CC

CC most of the time here...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I tried OC several years back when I went to the local grocery store, OC is legal in North Carolina,(or so I thought). I wore my PT145 G3 in a Don Hume left hand JIT Slider holster, and two spare mags im a double mag pouch. As I was going through the checkout three local LEO's walked in and an elderly Black Woman pointed in my direction. The LEO's asked to speak to me outside. After hearing the elderly Black Womans reason for calling 911, I couldn't fault her intentions. Several years prior to this a grocery store with the same chain was held up in Raleigh, NC, serveral employee's were killed, her Son was one of them. All three LEO's were business like, but knowledgable of the Law governing NC OC and let me go... I've never OC'ed since... I do CC everyday though!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Why not do both at the same time? Would that be bi-carry?
    Bi-carry. I like it!
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    +1
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:223059
    I bi-carry, p238 is in my front pocket every day every hour i'm awake. I OC my larger caliber whenever i'm not working or sleeping. The only issue i'm having is the p238 I'd not ambi safety so it has to go in my front right pocket. I hope to get enough money for an ambi safety by the end of the year

If I could retract my vote and re-do it, I would. I voted 3 because I don't really see myself OCing in the area where I live, even though it is legal. However, I realize that, under some circumstances I probably would/will OC. My vote should have been 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby View Post
    If I could retract my vote and re-do it, I would. I voted 3 because I don't really see myself OCing in the area where I live, even though it is legal. However, I realize that, under some circumstances I probably would/will OC. My vote should have been 4.
    Noted. Thanks for voting.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    I tried OC several years back when I went to the local grocery store, OC is legal in North Carolina,(or so I thought). I wore my PT145 G3 in a Don Hume left hand JIT Slider holster, and two spare mags im a double mag pouch. As I was going through the checkout three local LEO's walked in and an elderly Black Woman pointed in my direction. The LEO's asked to speak to me outside. After hearing the elderly Black Womans reason for calling 911, I couldn't fault her intentions. Several years prior to this a grocery store with the same chain was held up in Raleigh, NC, serveral employee's were killed, her Son was one of them. All three LEO's were business like, but knowledgable of the Law governing NC OC and let me go... I've never OC'ed since... I do CC everyday though!
    Well, according to opencarry.org, NC is what they call a "Goldstar" state for OC. So, OC is legal in NC. If the store owner/manager doesn't want to serve armed patrons, they need to stick a sign up near the door.

Myself, I'd not be put off by an incident like this. If you'd been arrested and hauled down to the station, that I could understand. But, please don't let one hoplophobe put you off from exercising your constitutional right to bear arms publicly.

You do realize, the cops let you go as they had no real reason to arrest you, right?
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Respectfully, the question in the poll was IF both OC and CC is/were an option...
    Navy, I don't think some voters understood that. Those in states who can't OC shouldn't vote. Maybe they could reset the poll for more accurate results.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. I've recently taken to OC - it's much easier to carry a full-sized blaster in the summer when you don't try to conceal it. Folks hardly notice and, so far, nobody has cared enough to call the law.

OC in NC

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast