Poll - OC or CC - Page 4

View Poll Results: If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • OC all the time.

6 4.92%
  • OC most of the time but CC on occasion.

18 14.75%
  • CC all the time.

44 36.07%
  • CC most of the time but OC on occasion

54 44.26%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - OC or CC

No open carry in NY state, but I do inside the house. Still trying to get a full ccw permit without restrictions. Currently, I have a "sportsmen/business related" permit. I can only legally carry while conducting business or hunting, hiking, etc. Hoping to get it changed to no restrictions in the near future.

I would still cc most of the time. But, we've had some extremely HOT & Humid wather this year. So, oc would be much easier & more comfortable during these times.

-

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    What do you do to keep from getting killed by a monkey throwing a flower pot?
    Duck? (It WAS a rhetorical question... Yes?)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    We agree!!!!! I am 1000 times more likely to have the opportunity to talk with people about what I love. The education of firearms and laws to those 1000 people is a lot more important to me than the hassle.
    Never occured to you that those who would cause you the most "hassle" are those who have already made up their minds on the matter? Thus would be the least willing to "talk with' you on the topic.

Trying to "educate" apparent idiots lost it's excitement for me long ago. Probably why I stopped teaching Community College "attendees" ("Student" is probably too gratious a term for many of them.) some time ago. I didn't need the money and the great majority of the "attendees" apparently didn't need the knowledge. (Waste of my time.... and their's. Only they hadn't realized it yet.)

American "ticket punching" at it's best (?).

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny:224012
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    We agree!!!!! I am 1000 times more likely to have the opportunity to talk with people about what I love. The education of firearms and laws to those 1000 people is a lot more important to me than the hassle.
    Never occured to you that those who would cause you the most "hassle" are those who have already made up their minds on the matter? Thus would be the least willing to "talk with' you on the topic.

Trying to "educate" apparent idiots lost it's excitement for me long ago. Probably why I stopped teaching Community College "attendees" ("Student" is probably too gratious a term for many of them.) some time ago. I didn't need the money and the great majority of the "attendees" apparently didn't need the knowledge. (Waste of my time.... and their's. Only they hadn't realized it yet.)

American "ticket punching" at it's best (?).

GG
    Just because you gave up doesn't mean I should :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

Trying to "educate" apparent idiots lost it's excitement for me long ago.....
    GG
    You can't teach somebody who already knows everything. You can't educate the omnipotent.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

CC

CC draws less anti-gunner sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by egdirreb View Post
    CC draws less anti-gunner sentiment.
    CC draws less Anti-OC sentiment.

I've been harassed more by CCers than by non-carriers. Most of the anti-gun crowd, if they are rabidly anti-2nd amendment, don't even bother me. It's the CCers who think they "know better" than I do who generally give me the most grief.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

i open carry 100% of the time. i am trying to prove that good people carry guns too. plus it is a deterent when it comes to criminals.

Bi-Carry, because going both ways with your pistols gives you more options.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast