Poll - OC or CC - Page 9

View Poll Results: If both OC and CC is/were an option, which of the following best applies to you:

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • OC all the time.

    6 4.92%
  • OC most of the time but CC on occasion.

    18 14.75%
  • CC all the time.

    44 36.07%
  • CC most of the time but OC on occasion

    54 44.26%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 144

Thread: Poll - OC or CC

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    To quote Han Solo "[BAM] Boring conversation anyway."
    Nice bailout. Problem is you forgot your parachute.

    P.S. Keep a watchful eye out for those menacing store greeters. You can never be too alert when those maniacs are around.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Here in Mi. we have the option either way. I choose to CC 100%. Until the average citizen can accept OC & not point & stare or freak out, I'll continue to CC.Wish things were different, but for now I just don't feel the need to OC. Maybe I'm blind to it, but I'm out & about alot, & I've only seen 2 OCer's. Both of them looked like gangsta's. Badly dressed, unkept,etc. If that's the image most folks see, no wonder there's such a paranoid response to OC. Not saying all OCer's are like that.
    May I respectfully ask a question please? How can we expect to change the attitudes of the average citizen if we don't show them an image of an average American carrying a gun for self protection while doing average American activities? If we don't display our guns for them to see in everyday life, the only image they will ever see is the image provided to them by the Brady Bunch and anti-gun media. The Brady Bunch and anti-gun media certainly do not hesitate to push their image of guns to the public. We can talk the talk all we want to, but until we are willing to walk the walk, I just don't see how public opinion CAN change.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    May I respectfully ask a question please? How can we expect to change the attitudes of the average citizen if we don't show them an image of an average American carrying a gun for self protection while doing average American activities? If we don't display our guns for them to see in everyday life, the only image they will ever see is the image provided to them by the Brady Bunch and anti-gun media. The Brady Bunch and anti-gun media certainly do not hesitate to push their image of guns to the public. We can talk the talk all we want to, but until we are willing to walk the walk, I just don't see how public opinion CAN change.
    that is why i open carry. so i can present an image to the public of a person who isn't ether a cop or a gang member carrying a weapon. i have no problem explaining ohio's firearms laws to people.

  5. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    To quote Han Solo "[BAM] Boring conversation anyway."
    Big gay +1 on that note.

  6. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Big gay +1 on that note.
    I can only listen to so much BS, then it's time to walk away, shaking my head in total, utter amazement.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

  7. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I can only listen to so much BS, then it's time to walk away, shaking my head in total, utter amazement.
    Walk away?? More like "flee in terror" from being called out on your own questionable statements. Perhaps you can start a poll on the best way to explain your "more alert" statement since you seem incapable (or afraid) of doing it yourself.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Walk away?? More like "flee in terror" from being called out on your own questionable statements. Perhaps you can start a poll on the best way to explain your "more alert" statement since you seem incapable (or afraid) of doing it yourself.
    LOL flee in terror? Nice one.

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    13
    Guess I am in the CC camp for all carry with the exception of hunting.
    Just and old guy that would not want to have to fight off a nut case gun grabber. No matter how safe you try to be in where and how you travel during the day it is not unlikely that you will be in close proximity to a potential grabber or just a screaming anti.

  10. #89
    CC. For me at least, I want a potential adversary to be surprised by my level of preparation and violence of action when neccesary to execute my defense. I don't carry to let others know I'm carrying, I carry to stop an attacker.

  11. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    LOL flee in terror? Nice one.
    I did explain it. He just doesn't like my answer. Too bad. It's the last one he's getting. I know when enough is enough. What I find is missing from the smily list, is this one:


    It certainly applies in this case.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast