Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 16
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

I like how creating, believing, and spreading myths, lies, and unsubstantiated claims is not considered bashing (or trolling in any forum). But defending against those claims, defending our rights, is considered bashing.

Firefighter- I appreciate you reading my posts, but you continue to reply to every post I make when they are not directed at you.
    Example- I ask Big Al a question, you reply for him.
    In a different thread, I debate with Navy and you reply for him.

I know you are eager to reply to many of my posts but you do not need to answer questions posed to other fellow forum members.

If I direct a post at an individual by quoting them and directly engaging them, please let them respond for themselves.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Couldn't we ask you the same thing about concealed Carries in open carry forum?
    I stopped arguing for concealed carry in the open carry forums a while ago so there is no need to ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Firefighter- I appreciate you reading my posts, but you continue to reply to every post I make when they are not directed at you.

I know you are eager to reply to many of my posts but you do not need to answer questions posed to other fellow forum members.

If I direct a post at an individual by quoting them and directly engaging them, please let them respond for themselves.
    Thanks
    Somebody's gotta defend Al's POV 'cause he certainly can't do it himself. I tried to get him to explain some of his comments and he called me a troll (what a surprise) and then ran and hid.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

How come you dont sound your troll alert when certain people bash concealed carry in the concealed carry forums?
    Probably because I'm not in there as much as I'm in here. If I was, I'd be shouting "Troll alert" to the roof tops.

Actually, I'm usually playing EVE Online, more than I'm in this forum at all.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

I stopped arguing for concealed carry in the open carry forums a while ago so there is no need to ask me.
    Most of us who OC, also CC, or at least, many of us started out CCing. No one needs to argue for CC. It is still a viable method of carry. But many of us have found OC to be more "comfortable," and it also serves a political purpose as well. Myself, I don't OC for political reasons. I prefer OC for the simple convenience. With OC, you don't have to dress to hide the gun. The gun is more like an accessory to your wardrobe when you OC.

When you CC, it's more like carrying your wallet. You try to figure out the best place to put it, so you can reach it when you need it, but you don't want it poking you when you sit down. Also, you want it some place safe so pick pockets can't get it.

(For all the trolls, that's an analogy I stated above, not the gospel.)
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:234874

Thanks
    Actually I read all the posts, not just yours. If you want a single answer from someone, pm them, don't post in a public forum. Until then, you will just have to deal with my posts or ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Actually I read all the posts, not just yours. If you want a single answer from someone, pm them, don't post in a public forum. Until then, you will just have to deal with my posts or ignore me.
    Ignore it will be

If legal in your state I think it is the carrier's prerogative to open carry. While I do not open carry I think you have that right. This topic has been so beaten up that it is almost a useless topic. For me to attempt to stop someone from open carry is like me trying to take their gun rights away.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Most of us who OC, also CC, or at least, many of us started out CCing. No one needs to argue for CC. It is still a viable method of carry. But many of us have found OC to be more "comfortable," and it also serves a political purpose as well. Myself, I don't OC for political reasons. I prefer OC for the simple convenience. With OC, you don't have to dress to hide the gun. The gun is more like an accessory to your wardrobe when you OC.

When you CC, it's more like carrying your wallet. You try to figure out the best place to put it, so you can reach it when you need it, but you don't want it poking you when you sit down. Also, you want it some place safe so pick pockets can't get it.

(For all the trolls, that's an analogy I stated above, not the gospel.)
    Thanks for your response. I think the main reason I CC is because open carry is not common where I am, and its also illegal in downtown. And because its not common (never seen anyone open carry actually), I just want to blend in is all. Not saying that open carriers stand out that much, but I still want to just blend in with the crowd when Im out and about. I love open carrying outside of the city though.

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast