Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 17
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

I love it when people, as b2 puts it, "flee in terror" when they can't handle an online forum. Good game.

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105:234918
    For me to attempt to stop someone from open carry is like me trying to take their gun rights away.
    That is, literally, taking away their gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    TIME OUT! I need to go to the store for more popcorn, and pop.
    Make sure I get some before the sheepdogs eat it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Thanks for your response. I think the main reason I CC is because open carry is not common where I am, and its also illegal in downtown. And because its not common (never seen anyone open carry actually), I just want to blend in is all. Not saying that open carriers stand out that much, but I still want to just blend in with the crowd when Im out and about. I love open carrying outside of the city though.
    I always say, to each his or her own. Some prefer OC, some CC. I only object when SOME people try to tell me that MY choice is wrong/bad. What works for me, doesn't necessarily work for them.

You live in/near an area where OC is not all that welcome, so you CC. I fully understand. If you are faced with the choice of either CC, or risk arrest because of some stupid law, you CC. As long as you carry.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    If you are faced with the choice of either CC, or risk arrest because of some stupid law, you CC. As long as you carry.
    What I think is sad is when a person conceals carry whent they would rather not because they risk arrest because of some stupid law ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    What I think is sad is when a person conceals carry whent they would rather not because they risk arrest because of some stupid law ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.
    Stupid people are in every population. Police departments hire from that population. Some stupid ones get hired and we see them in the news. It is important to note these stupid ones do not represent the whole police force any more than the stupid people in our population represent our whole population.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:235023
    Sad indeed. When the biggest threat to a law abiding open carrier is an Leo, one wonders how they (Leo's) got such a skewed view of power. I have an idea of why, but there are already a couple threads on that topic. Even if a small percentage in the police department account for the true stupid ones, the majority are indifferent, and that's not much better than stupid.

9. I have never said open carry is BAD. It is a choice, if it works for you GOOD. Open vs Conceal ? Next time you play poker,show the other players in the game your cards. IT WILL BE A SHORT GAME. Enjoy.

The Troll

10. Can't you come up with an original quote? I wish you peace and abundance to you and your loved ones, and hope you never have to drop the hammer.

The Troll

Quote Originally Posted by threecentermass:235459
    I have never said open carry is BAD. It is a choice, if it works for you GOOD. Open vs Conceal ? Next time you play poker,show the other players in the game your cards. IT WILL BE A SHORT GAME. Enjoy

The Troll
    If you want to relate it to poker...ok here we go.

I'm the dealer, the rules are I get a four of a kind of aces, king high every hand, and it's open to the world to see. It's not the best hand, but a pretty damn good one. Because it's equivalent to our lives, you have to play all in with everything you own at this table.

Would you play? It's a short game, if a game at all....

Btw, my life is not a game. I don't want to try and sucker someone in, just to yell surprise and end their life.

Do you want me to pm you this message as well? I don't want you to feel like I didn't get your pm of this post.

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast