Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 19
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

You open carry proponents sound like a bunch of Wyatt Earp wanna-be's.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    Some OCers are nothing more than peacocks with pretend badges. Their self-induced need to "educate" the public by OCing is little more than another way of saying "Look at me! Look at me! I'm important! I'm a tough-guy!". It's actually a bit pathetic.

I would imagine that many of these people are the annoying shooters you see at the range all the time. You know the ones - always offering unsolicited advice, lauding their alleged military record, firearm experience, and shooting prowess....and doing so just loudly enough for everyone around them to hear. They're very impressed with themselves, at least on the surface.

There's a time and a place for OCing and I support the right to do so (always have), but those who wear a pistol openly as some sort of social plumage really need to re-examine why they carry at all. Unfortunately those folks never will take that long, hard look in the mirror that they're so badly in need of. There's no need for such things when you're both infallible and omnipotent.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    You conceal carrying attackers sound like a bunch of crying democrats.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    Your statement sounds like you just stepped off the Brady Campaign short bus.

Also, this whole "element of surprise" superiority rhetoric sounds like a latent hope to be afforded the opportunity to shoot at someone using self-defense as an excuse possessed by a gambling addict.

Have a T-Shirt....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Some OCers are nothing more than peacocks with pretend badges. Their self-induced need to "educate" the public by OCing is little more than another way of saying "Look at me! Look at me! I'm important! I'm a tough-guy!". It's actually a bit pathetic.

I would imagine that many of these people are the annoying shooters you see at the range all the time. You know the ones - always offering unsolicited advice, lauding their alleged military record, firearm experience, and shooting prowess....and doing so just loudly enough for everyone around them to hear. They're very impressed with themselves, at least on the surface.

There's a time and a place for OCing and I support the right to do so (always have), but those who wear a pistol openly as some sort of social plumage really need to re-examine why they carry at all. Unfortunately those folks never will take that long, hard look in the mirror that they're so badly in need of. There's no need for such things when you're both infallible and omnipotent.
    First paragraph = pure trolling. Not unexpected from B2 though.
    second paragraph = another fine example of B2's imagination. Goes right along with, "there's no such thing as a myth," and "only a complete fool would draw their gun but not shoot it," and "gangsters are everywhere, because his 'hood friends' said so"
    Third paragraph = Conceited and egotistical beyond any open carrier here. Maybe you should re-examine why you have any potentially dangerous object with such a hateful view on life.

And you wonder why we defend OC so much? Maybe its because CC advocates need as much education as the anti-gun, and completely uneducated crowd, when it comes to guns and reality.

Quick scan of boots posts...interesting fellow...

Believes he is above the law. Call's people names based on media lies. Glad I don't associate with all those judge, jury, executioner style concealed carriers.

How about this everyone?

Remember all those posts by concealed carriers saying, "if you have nothing to hide, what do you have to worry about?" when it i comes to polishing LEO's badges....

Bad guys hide bad stuff. Certain concealed carriers remind me a lot of that type.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Bad guys hide bad stuff. Certain concealed carriers remind me a lot of that type.
    Even my 15 year old stepdaughter has common sense. On two occassions now when someone has told me I should cover my gun, my stepdaughter says, "Dad, tell them you aren't a criminal, you have no reason to hide your gun like one." Now, if she just had that much common sense when it came to boys she chooses to hang out with, I could stop singing this song at karaoke night...

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It's too bad so many CC are ashamed of their guns

Wow I think that says it all....
    JBozz300 Out...

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast