Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 2
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Cops walk beats alone and drive in a cruiser alone most often in most towns and cities. Cops call for backup when something bad happens just like a citizen calls 911 (which usually goes to the same dispatch).

Again, why do cops open carry?
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Pass some over here, tuts. When do you think NavyLCDR when get here?

I conceal carry because my wife is uncomfortable when I open carry. However, when I'm alone and open carry I don't think I'm at a tactical disadvantage. If anything, I think that an openly carried gun will deter some gang banger from trying something because they know that you aren't easy prey.

But, to each his own.

Police open carry because they have BADGES pinned on their shirt... (Not CCW badges.)

I like the availability to open carry, just in case my shirt gets hung up covering my weapon. I would rather CC, as noted, just for the surprise factor. Although, OC is probably a little quicker on the draw.

Just stirring the popcorn!

Psalm 82:3-5

6. Quote Originally Posted by pgpgunworks View Post
    I conceal carry because my wife is uncomfortable when I open carry. However, when I'm alone and open carry I don't think I'm at a tactical disadvantage. If anything, I think that an openly carried gun will deter some gang banger from trying something because they know that you aren't easy prey.

But, to each his own.
    I agree that open carry could deter some...but i have been in situations where there are some people so stupid or drugged up to reason as '' normal people would''....to each his own but i perfer concealed carry.

O......M........G.......trolling? Gotta be...

This subject has been debated and debated and debated and debated and debated and debated and debated and debated. I support talking about it as long as the discussion remains civil. So here is my fence-riding opinion. I CC most of the time but now and then I OC. I think that it is an individuals choice. There are times I think that CC is better and other times I think OC is better. I support laws allowing BOTH. Now back to the debate and pass the popcorn.

I have no issue with either, individual choice, just spent 3 weeks in Sedona Open carry no issue God Bless USA and AZ.

There's only one reason to open carry: to get liberal-minded morons used to seeing it! That's it! If you're dedicated enough, you will practice and train to be very nearly as quick to present your weapon from under a shirt, or from wherever. But all that having been said, desensitizing liberal sheep is no justification to forfeit the huge tactical advantages that concealed carry provides you. Think about it. And the question about cops? Uniforms arent concealed; no reason for the weapon to be. Plain clothed cops carry more discreetly. They go hand in hand. If you're not a uniformed officer, your weapon is best out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Do you realize the can of worms you've just opened up?
    Seriously, you can't smell a troll when one posts?

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast