Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 22
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by muccione:240219
    Its like having a wife and a girlfriend. One you show in public one you don't. I do both of them...
    What does this even mean? Can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I bet you he was stomping his feet and knocked over a pile of ccw badges while he wrote that post.
    He don't need no stinkin badges!!

Oh, and CCW Badges should be capitalized because it makes the term look more "tactical".

Can't believe this thread is still going. I see B2 is still going strong in his argument that OC'ers are nothing more than attention seekers and that there is no possible benefit to be gained by OC'ing.

Hey B2. Your opinion of those that OC seems to be very low. My question is do you formulate the personality types that you label OC'ers with from personal interactions or are you making it up? I guess you could have met one OC'er that fits your stereotype and you used that to label all OC'ers. Just wondering why you seem to have so much disdain for those that choose to exercise their rights openly.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Open carry is good open carry is always right open carry has no disadvantages open carry is good
    Open carry is good. Open carry is not always right. Open carry can have disadvantages. Open carry is good.

I doubt that every OC'er here would say that OC is the right way to carry 100% of the time. I can name a few disadvantages to OC pretty easily.
    1) Dealing with uninformed people, police included.
    2) Dealing with gun owners with an anti streak.
    3) Possibly being targeted by a criminal.
    Out of these three reasons the third is probably the least likely to happen. I do admit though that it is possible. Just not very likely and the benefit of the deterrence to the run of the mill criminal is worth the risk that I might come into contact with that hard core criminal that sees my gun and automatically wants to challenge me or commit murder.

P.S. I sometimes CC. sssshhhhh
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Open Tow

I would open tow a WW2 German Dora if I could! But right now I would be extremely satisfied if Arkansas would allow open carry!

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Well, is it a can of worms to make sure that the good guys come home safe?

And each can carry as they see fit.

As long as they have thought through the effectiveness of their strategy, then it's their choice.

I prefer having the edge!
    just like you just said: I prefer having the edge!

but to think your way is the only way is ignorance on your part, no insult meant, but not one way is for everyone, As also prefer to carry concealed, and here in NV, im alloud to carry openly if i chose, i dont, but i do know have friends that do, it's there right, there chose, and i will respect that, freedom of chose!

8. I'm just curious.... how does concealed carry give you any more "edge" over the bad guy than open carry? Seems to me like either you are even matched and you both have guns; or only one person has a gun, either the bad guy, or the good guy, and in that case the guy with the gun has the "edge". I can't see how open carry v. concealed carry causes anyone to have any more of an "edge".
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

awesome ignore list works perfectly

10. I totally agree to each his own. People have different perspectives on each way of carrying. We dont have open carry in FL yet but im hoping we will because i think i would prefer it. Again thhats just me personally. But you should definitely visit opencarry.org and see what they have to say about it too. Just to be as educated as possible on both sides. God bless.

11. I had to add this article from Opencarry.org

Spoke with a Convicted Fellon Saturday about OC

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast