Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 23
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I'm just curious.... how does concealed carry give you any more "edge" over the bad guy than open carry? Seems to me like either you are even matched and you both have guns; or only one person has a gun, either the bad guy, or the good guy, and in that case the guy with the gun has the "edge". I can't see how open carry v. concealed carry causes anyone to have any more of an "edge".
    Now there you go using that darn logic again NavyLCDR.

Quote Originally Posted by broheam77 View Post
    Open carry is a projection of power... only LEOs or civilians in a security roll. Should use a weapon in this castling. Besides if you are in a convince store and two zombies enter with intent. So you want to ne an instant target. Or do you want to measure the situation and act as tacticaly correct.
    If two zombies enter with intent. I'm gonna shoot you. And while the zombies are eating you, I'm gonna grab a box of twinkies, and a can of Red Bull on my way out the back door.

Only humor folks, don't get those scooby-doo boxers in a bunch!
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by ESD View Post
    If two zombies enter with intent. I'm gonna shoot you. And while the zombies are eating you, I'm gonna grab a box of twinkies, and a can of Red Bull on my way out the back door.

Only humor folks, don't get those scooby-doo boxers in a bunch!
    Haha! Well played!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Ya know these post about why it is bad to open carry or conceal carry are getting old!.
    I'm just glad you chose to carry!

I will support you either way you wish to carry!

6. A BIG +1 for the element of suprise!!!!!!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Davis View Post
    A BIG +1 for the element of suprise!!!!!!
    I hope you practice a lot so that you can overcome the fact that the criminal already has the upper hand on you, if you have let yourself get into a situation that you have to use your element of surprise on them. Hopefully you can quick draw from concealment and yell "SURPRISE!" faster than they can take further action to overcome your efforts, like shoot you with their own gun. Sounds like a wild west movie gunfigt to me, YEE HAW!

I know, I know....open carrying they are going to shoot me with my own gun....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. What a new and refreshing post.
    "Guns are for defending your life not for defending your pride."

I open carried at work last night and no one got the drop one me by golly

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Ya know these post about why it is bad to open carry or conceal carry are getting old!.
    I'm just glad you chose to carry!

I will support you either way you wish to carry!
    This is just complete ignorance. I cant believe you would not pick one over the other, obvious better choice.

Just messin with you buddy

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I'll take the buttered popcorn, but with lots of salt!
    Move on Tuts... you've seen this movie before. Any moment now the Navy comes to the rescue.

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast