Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 24
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

1. Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Move on Tuts... you've seen this movie before. Any moment now the Navy comes to the rescue.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Whether you carry it open or conceald you must follow the primary rules of self defense... Awareness, avoidance, deterrence, de-escalation. If you don't then none of you have an advantage. Some might also want to learn strategies for breaking the OODA loop.

In basic terms --> OODA loop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lot's of good books on OODA strategies at Amazon.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

4. open carry

I have a CCW and I prefer to carry concealed. Open carry never made sense to me, the gun on one hip and nothing in the mag. Wear a fill mag on the other hip. To many steps to go through to load your weapon. Bad guy 1 good guy dead. Someone said a cop carries openly, most do. Their weapons are loaded is a difference.
    Carrying concealed no one knows you are carrying. Open carry and this is my thinking if I was a bad guy. Get rid of my threats, they can see your weapon. Or for god sakes let the open carry people have a loaded weapon. I have found most people that follow the laws of their state on this issue are responsible people. Just like the ones that carry concealed. Just my thought

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo:258573
    I have a CCW and I prefer to carry concealed. Open carry never made sense to me, the gun on one hip and nothing in the mag. Wear a fill mag on the other hip. To many steps to go through to load your weapon. Bad guy 1 good guy dead. Someone said a cop carries openly, most do. Their weapons are loaded is a difference.
    Carrying concealed no one knows you are carrying. Open carry and this is my thinking if I was a bad guy. Get rid of my threats, they can see your weapon. Or for god sakes let the open carry people have a loaded weapon. I have found most people that follow the laws of their state on this issue are responsible people. Just like the ones that carry concealed. Just my thought
    I open carry loaded in Washington. Concealed carry and my thinking, if I was a bad guy I would choose someone that didn't have a tool that could kill me. That leaves unarmed victims, with the slight risk of them being concealed carriers. if they end up having a gun I would run...but if they didn't I would win. If I know they have a gun I will not choose them, too much of a risk. I will wait 10 minutes for the open carrier to leave or move a mile away and choose a more than likely unarmed victim.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Open carry never made sense to me, the gun on one hip and nothing in the mag. Wear a fill mag on the other hip. To many steps to go through to load your weapon.
    I OC in WA state locked and loaded. That said, when will the horse be buried? There is not even enough left to make hamburger.

7. I OC loaded and 1 in the pipe... Here in NC.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I have a CCW and I prefer to carry concealed. Open carry never made sense to me, the gun on one hip and nothing in the mag.
    If the law requires guns to be unloaded when carried openly, then that lw should be changed. Where I live, we carry open with a loaded gun.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The argument that the bad guy will single out open carriers as first targets buys into the existing, liberal thought that no one should carry a gun. If everyone (or most everyone) carried, then who would the bad guy target first? If we all carry openly, then we encourage the bad guys to behave. If we all carry concealed, as far as the bad guy knows, no one is carrying. Sometimes I carry open, sometimes concealed. I see good reasons to do both, but we ought to all be encouraging "Average Joe" to be okay with most folks carrying and bad guys expecting most folks to be carrying. In such society, open carry would be a net positive to all. The goal should not be to "get the bad guy first"...the goal should be to encourage the bad guy to behave in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    This is just complete ignorance. I cant believe you would not pick one over the other, obvious better choice.

Just messin with you buddy

LOL

I'm just glad they carry...Who knows they may have the opportunity to save me or my family one of these days....I wish more would arm themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Now I want two of these guns!

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast