Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 3
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

1. Where do you live, Mayberry Lane?

In my area, police even wait for helicopter backup prior to contacting suspects!

And that has nothing to do with the lone victim, who is dead meat if he/she doesn't know the rules of street fighting!

But again, it's your choice.

I am indifferent as to whether you survive or not!

You're not my student, so do what you want!

If everyone open carries, my students all get a bigger advantage, the element of surprise, because the BG's will assume they are unarmed!

Great for us.

Troll alert. Yeah, you are right. Usually when a question is asked of a person and he refuses to answer it, it usually indicates a troll. I'm for either but I almost always cc. If open carry was as bad as some indicate however, uniformed cops wouldn't do it.
    Kind of like people who say guns are ineffective for self defense. If that were the case, cops wouldn't carry guns.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

4. It sounds like you just need to move.

Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

Ram you are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Open Carry has many fans, but when it comes down to a firefight, it will fail you.

When you Open Carry, you are signaling the world that you are prepared for a fight, even if you are just bluffing!

Bad Guys are not afraid of you unless you are actually ready to fight.

And they aren't going to give you that chance.

Combat Strategy demands that you have the offensive, the edge, the element of surprise.

Tactics learned on the conventional firing range are worthless in a real fight. The Bad Guys aren't going to give you time to get ready, and sight in on them. They want to win, at your expense.

Concealed Carry is the way to go on the streets. You get the element of surprise.
    You do realize...that if you are pulling your gun because of a bad guy...then it's not offensive, it's defensive. You want that "element of surprise"...but because you are reacting to a bad guy, you may not even have a chance to "surprise" him...as you say "they want to win at your expense". If you OC, there's a much better chance that the bad guy is going to find an easier target.

Quote Originally Posted by ramrunnr View Post
    I totally noticed the plethora of anti-OC posts, but didn't think it was an orchestrated campaign. Wow.

I have OC'd now for more than 3 years. During that time, I've never once been in a position where I felt I needed to pull my weapon. Now, maybe it's because I just don't run into that situation anymore, then again, maybe it isn't. Before I OC'd, I CC'd, and in the year prior to when I started OCing, I cleared my holster 4 times. Fortunately, it never went any further than that, but that's 4 times more than I've had to do since I started OCing.

Coincidence? I dunno. But I have noticed, from time to time, some dubious types who were starting to come my way, then suddenly changed direction. So, either I've gotten hideously uglier in the last 3 years, or they decided they wanted nothing to do with guy carrying a gun. And my sister tells me I'm no uglier now, than I was 30 years ago.

And of course, as mentioned in other posts, there's the following story.
    Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

10. Uniformed Cops open carry because everyone knows they have a gun.......why conceal it? Personally, I choose CC over OC. Although OC may give you a slightly quicker draw, you are announcing to the public that you think you can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Developer:223430
    Uniformed Cops open carry because everyone knows they have a gun.......why conceal it? Personally, I choose CC over OC. Although OC may give you a slightly quicker draw, you are announcing to the public that you think you can shoot.
    I think its announcing to the public that guns aren't evil and good people still carry them to save life. OC does give you a quicker draw, cc may give you as quick if you practice. Everyone should be practicing, and know how fast they, as an individual, can get their weapon on target.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast