Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 40
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Flanmedic51 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    What about stores that have no posting but frequently ask gun carriers to leave?
    I have absolutely no experience with such stores, but if State law requires a posting in order to enforce, then I would carry unless I came across such a posting.

I find a hybrid between Oc and cc works for me.. my sig p250 and an I tac paddle holster and a jacket over it.. best of both worlds :)

Quote Originally Posted by mapexman9:283788
    I find a hybrid between Oc and cc works for me.. my sig p250 and an I tac paddle holster and a jacket over it.. best of both worlds :)
    Do you mean owb vs iwb? Not quite the same as oc vs cc, but good for you for finding your perfect setup :)
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Quote Originally Posted by Flanmedic51 View Post
    Although I don't agree with your perspective that CCers collectively think or act the way you say they do, I do agree that any CCer that skirts around the law by carrying in a business that prohibits firearms is failing the 2A....when that business is clearly posted. Otherwise a OCer could be ousted by an employee because of a 'policy' that has not been clearly posted. That is what I meant in my post. I do not endorse CC in a posted establishment...aka 'sneaking' a firearm in.
    In Washington signs posted by private business' have no force of law, therefore there is no skirting around the law by a person who chooses to ignore the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

(----------and what they are really saying is---------)

"Bearing arms should be limited to who/when/where/how/and why it is "reasonable", "appropriate", and "acceptable"... to ME."

And that is the exact same perspective the anti gunners have.
    EXACTLY 100% IN AGREEMENT!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

6. Case in Point: My wife and I were on my Honda Valkyrie, stopped at a red light in town and I'm openly carrying my XD.45. Local redneck in his rust-bucket Toyota truck pulls up behind us within mere inches of my rear fender. He obviously wants to impress his buddy by intimidating the bikers in front of them. Maybe it was our gray hair. LOL. I see Bubba Buddy in passenger seat in my rear view mirror pointing in my direction, no doubt he sees my .45. He begins jabbering and wildly gesturing to Redneck driver to back off which he immediately does, nearly a full car length. In this situation open carry prevented a bad incident from getting worse. There are those in our public that have no respect for anyone. Bullies , no matter their age, will always be bullies until they fear their intended victims. I normally carry concealed except on my bike or on my property but I always carry.

" Criminals and/or Politicians only Fear Those Who are Willing and Able to Defend Life, Liberty and Property with Deadly Force."
    SFC Rickey J. Newberry, U.S.Army, Retired

7. Moving only lets the problem grow. Vote to change the idiocy out of government while we still can.
    "Criminals and/or Politicians only Fear those Who are Willing and Able to Defend Life, Liberty and Property with Deadly Force." SFC Rick Newberry, U.S.Army, Retired

8. If you are going to OC then it better be a big gun with many big bullets. Never take on a job without the right tools to get the job done. It's not just your life you are dealing with but everyone else's around you as well. You have a moral responsibility to protect everyone around you every time you lock, load and carry a gun. Think long and hard why you really want to carry a gun. Whether you OC or CC really is irrelevant. Every time I put on my gun I pray I won't have to use it but don't confuse my reluctance to use my gun for my determination and ability to use it if pressed. 'Nuf said.
    "Criminals and/or Politicians only Fear those Who are Willing and Able to Defend Life, Liberty and Property with Deadly Force." SFC Rick Newberry, U.S.Army, Retired

Well this is all I have to say bout this!

Let's just be glad they have made the choice to carry!

Let it go!

Dressing up

Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Open Carry has many fans, but when it comes down to a firefight, it will fail you.

When you Open Carry, you are signaling the world that you are prepared for a fight, even if you are just bluffing!

Bad Guys are not afraid of you unless you are actually ready to fight.

And they aren't going to give you that chance.

Combat Strategy demands that you have the offensive, the edge, the element of surprise.

Tactics learned on the conventional firing range are worthless in a real fight. The Bad Guys aren't going to give you time to get ready, and sight in on them. They want to win, at your expense.

Concealed Carry is the way to go on the streets. You get the element of surprise.
    Well Stated!

Just to add a point.

Gettysburg is a town of re-enactors. On any given day, you can see, groups of people dressed as Civil War, World War II, Indian Fighters, and the list goes on.All carring weapons of the day. No one blinks a eye.

However, go to the shopping area, just east of town-WallMart, GiantFoods,Stables, etc.. a person in OC mode is present, you will see the shopping "SoccerMoms' grabbing the kids, pushing them into the mimi-vans and speeding off to home. Where, mostlikely, Dad has firearms somewhere in the house.

~BEST~
    BILL------------------------------------->
    NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER - 1975 Passed-NYS Conservation Firearms Safety Instructor.
    LIFE MEMBER- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    U.S. NAVY SEAWOLVES- VIETNAM 69/70

Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburg Bill View Post
    Well Stated!

Just to add a point.

Gettysburg is a town of re-enactors. On any given day, you can see, groups of people dressed as Civil War, World War II, Indian Fighters, and the list goes on.All carring weapons of the day. No one blinks a eye.

However, go to the shopping area, just east of town-WallMart, GiantFoods,Stables, etc.. a person in OC mode is present, you will see the shopping "SoccerMoms' grabbing the kids, pushing them into the mimi-vans and speeding off to home. Where, mostlikely, Dad has firearms somewhere in the house.

~BEST~
    BILL------------------------------------->
    You have actually witnessed " the shopping "SoccerMoms' grabbing the kids, pushing them into the mimi-vans and speeding off to home" when they saw a person open carrying? You have seen this with your own eyes or you have cites and/or links to newspaper articles/news stories stating such?

In short... has this actually happened in real life or are you saying that this is what you THINK will happen?

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast