Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy - Page 42
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Open Carry is a bad Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I believe you as I'm sure FFC does, but all you have to do is read a few of the "Another one bites the dust" threads in the Deadly Force sub-forum and it won't take you 5 minutes to concede that FFC is right.

This forum is loaded w/ people who strap up every single day hoping to get a chance to be a Sheep Dog extrodinare
    Oh boy, thanks for the head's up. I haven't looked around much, but I have no doubt you're telling the truth.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson

I would never carry a gun at IHOP, McDonald's, Luby's, Virginia Tech, or malls, because we know these places are safe. These places are inappropriate for guns.

4. A lot of absoulte statements against open carry on this thread. I'm glad you guys are so sure of yoruselves; glad that bad guys are so consistent in thought and actions; and glad you all know in advance what those thougths and actions are. I feel safer with you all out there watching my back, front & sides.

5. Heck, thanks to the current regime, every place is safe and no one needs a gun. I'm looking for a gun buy back schme...uh, program... now so I can turn all mine in for some useful coupons. No point in waiting for the government to take them when I can do my fair share by turning them in now.

Yawn...Turn back over to nap..

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I would never carry a gun at IHOP, McDonald's, Luby's, Virginia Tech, or malls, because we know these places are safe. These places are inappropriate for guns.
    Famous last words......................
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

8. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    There was a man executed in the state of Florida last year for murdering a police officer at a McDonalds. So no, they are not safe. I assuming sarcasm in your comment, but I think we all know that a criminal is going to attack whenever they feel they have an advantage, whether your buying a big mac is irrelevant to them.

But just to add my two cents:

Whether you OC or CC is irrelevant to a determined criminal, they just simply don't care. None of us is going to change that, but we can prepare ourselves to deal with it. Open carry may work better for some, while concealed carry would work better for others. It should always be a personal choice in my opinion, and until a person breaks the law with their gun, or commits a violent felony, their right to carry it open or concealed should never be in question. We should never allow ourselves the right to micro manage each others lives.

My personal feeling is whichever way you feel comfortable, OC or CC, is what you should do. No one in this country has a right to tell you how to live your life, carry your gun, raise your kids, worship your god, or dictate to you how you should do anything as long as you are living within the law. I think we have forgotten the common respect and decency that used to be part of the everyday lives of the men and women who made this country what it is. Or should I say what it used to be.

Let's not forget that our founders wanted the right to keep and bear arms to allow us to protect ourselves from the possibility of a future tyrannical government. That was the purpose of the second ammendment, protecting our lives and property was not considered unusual or out of line with that generation. It was expected, and normal.

We live in a society where the criminals have rights but the victims don't. Breaking the law is common while upholding it is not. The men and women who write the legislation in this country are often more corrupt than the criminals the legislation is directed at. They keep us busy arguing about red states and blue states, or republican verses democrat while they continually destroy our country one law or regulation at a time. The continually take our rights away right before our very eyes under the guise of our own protection. They tell us it's for our own safety and we just nod our heads and say okay.

let's wake up before it's too late. We should be talking about how to control an ever growing government that is trying to dictate to us how to live our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Please tell me that ^^^ This is sarcasm ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by m444ss View Post
    Heck, thanks to the current regime, every place is safe and no one needs a gun. I'm looking for a gun buy back schme...uh, program... now so I can turn all mine in for some useful coupons. No point in waiting for the government to take them when I can do my fair share by turning them in now.
    In the same way ^^^ this ^^^ seems to be.

I would hate to know there are members here that haven't learned anything from all the tragedies we've seen over the years.

10. Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Obviously you never saw the shootout at Luby's Cafeteria in Texas in 1991 where a gunman killed himself and about 22 other people. If just one person on site had been carrying the number may have been reduced drastically. When you have someone so disturbed it is hard to stop such debacles but maybe not so many families would have had to have funerals for their loved ones. SO, no, there is no "safe" place where carrying is inappropriate. Just sayin

*face palm* come on guys...he just specifically named off places where a tragedy occurred...do you really think he was serious? Where is captain obvious when you need him :-)
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast